Breach of Contract (improper Notice)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have been working for my company for 10 months now but have been offered an alternative role.

My notice period is 3 months but I would essentially like to leave asap to start my new role (I have little interest in staying in the current environment im afraid to say).

Handover can be done relatively quickly so I am considering just telling my employer that I will be leaving after 4-6 weeks or once handover is satisfactorily completed.

Am I likely to be sued for breach of contract do we think?

Thanks

Take into account any holiday period oweing as well. you could ask to take those b4 you leave. (or may as the last part of any notice period you give.)

To sue you they would have to prove what losses to the compoany were as a direct breach of your agreement.

They may decide to hold onto any wages owed (Unlawfully) as compensation

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not going to a competitor and am not overly concerned about any wages/holiday owed. Just want to get my role handed over and started on my new project asap.

The company are unlikely to replace me with a contractor whilst a replacement is sought as role is likely to be covered to existing colleague, so I cant see any other losses directly to apportion to my possible breach. I am the company's sole IT person.

how are you paid? if monthly then give at least a month's notice. If they say you cant go then you just break your contract and they dont pay you for when you are not there. Unless they can prove that your leaving has cost them more than they would have had to pay you there is nothing they can claim for. Basically give as much notice as you can