Jacobs certificated Bailiffs and debt collector's **Taken back by Council**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can someone tell me before I write this e-mail if the National standards apply to Jacobs when collecting rent arrears' I don't think/know if my DIL has been taken to court for the arrears'

It not until you see first hand someone who truly is a vulnerable a debtor go to bits when told Jacobs will be paying a visit (as debt collector's in case I think) that you understand how bad it can affect them

To say im :-xis an understatement

I'm surprised that they are using a bailiff/debt collector I've not known it before, I would suspect they would be covered (if not chasing court debts) by debt collecting, but I'm not 100%

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

The statutory regulations regarding the certification of bailiffs may be found in the Distress for Rent Rules 1988 and the applicable fee scale in relation to the collection of rent arrears may also be found in the same regs.

Most certificated bailiffs enforce debts on behalf of a government agency (council tax and parking charge notices) and others enforce unpaid rent arrears. All of them will be certificated under the Distress for Rent Rules 1988 and accordingly, they must all abide by the National Standards.

They must abide by the NSEA. There can be no doubt.

TT Thanks for that

I know Jacobs read these threads so just to let them know the wee welsh lassie that phoned you today and explained the reason she had missed 2 payment was because she is dying of cancer and has spent the last 6 months going through her 2nd round of chemo (end of life treatment)

after what you said to her today I am totally and utterly disgusted you have sunk to a whole new level today

TT Thanks for that

I know Jacobs read these threads so just to let them know the wee welsh lassie that phoned you today and explained the reason she had missed 2 payment was because she is dying of cancer and has spent the last 6 months going through her 2nd round of chemo (end of life treatment)

after what you said to her today I am totally and utterly disgusted you have sunk to a whole new level today

Hallow nothing can describe the horror and absolute disgust and contempt I feel for Jacobs after this post, they are the lowest of the low. They need a compulsory winding up notice, they are beyond contempt

What nastiness did they spout this time, we don't care, pay up we will clear the house etc etc, or worse?

Nothing surprises me about that heartless bunch of cretins at Jacobs, they are the sort who would levy and clamp a paramedic ambulance attending a debtors house after they collapsed as a result of their bailiffs behaviour. Clamping third party and random motors is their usual Modus Operandi.:-x:-x

Edited by brassnecked
blowing my top at Jacobs inhumanity and heartlessness ignoring vulnerability

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

These employees need exposing. They need photographing perhaps when leaving the pig pen where they work and then plastering their pictures all over the internet. Sick individuals working for mentally ill companies. Let's face it, no one in their right mind would try and put pressure on a terminally ill person. Like I've mentioned before, I am seriously considering a name and shame Bailiff Web site and having it administered abroad.

I encourage everyone hassled by Bailiff firms and or DCAs to record all telephone calls. You only need to reply to one letter and have small print at the bottom of it stating calls to you home / mobile may be monitored for training and security purposes. - play these criminals at their own game.

The Banksta Buster.

:-x :-x

Hallow if there is anything we can do to help, you have our support,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hallowitch.

The complaint appears to be very serious indeed and given the exceptional circumstances I would suggest that it is referred to their Senior Partner; Mr Simon Jacobs.

Given that Simon Jacobs was the previous President of CIVEA he would be the best person to address such a complaint.

In the morning I will let you have his contact details ( email address).

Edited by tomtubby

Hallowitch.

The complaint appears to be very serious indeed and given the exceptional circumstances I would suggest that the complaint should be referred to the Senior Partner; Mr Simon Jacobs.

In the morning I will let you have his contact details ( email address).

Thanks for that I most certainly will be making a complaint to him I sent the head of revenues an e-mail about an hour ago and believe it or not I've had reply from him

she said to me I couldn't believe they way they were speaking to me I missed 2 payment I told them why they said you have my sympathy and then they threatened me with assorts they are to come to the house taking me to court and you should have heard how they were speaking to me really nasty (her words)

about 6 weeks ago my daughter in-law finished he second round of chemo (we were devastated when we found out the treatment she had last year didn't work ) this second treatment that she has is new approved November last year and the side effects can be pretty bad (she is just getting over a collapsed lung) then she went for a scan to see if the treatment had started to work this time , then she had and wait on her results that's why paying Jacobs was the last thing on her mind

Quite frankly im surprised she is only 2 payments behind she has paid almost half the debt its not as if she is avoiding it

its about time ALL local authority's stopped there bailiff using manual payment method as the rule rather than the exception in this day and age

When the revised National Standards were announced last year, there was a Press Release from the (previous) Justice Minister which stated that MOJ expect all LOCAL AUTHORITIES to also abide by the NSEA. I will dig out a copy in the morning.

Don't forget to copy your MP and AM into the complaint, along with the local member for your DIL Jacobs must be called to account for this heartless treatment of someone who is genuinely vulnerable.

Just to let you know the debt has been returned to the council

A big thanks to the head of revenues of my council Jacobs have been informed not to contact my DIL again under any circumstance's and she has been given a number to phone if they do get in touch with her

I believe Jacobs had to send a fax/e-mail to my council to put it in writing that they will not contact her again

TT thanks for the PM will be in touch soon

I'm glad the council saw sense Hallow, and you and DIL can rest easier now, looks like Wrexham Council care after all. hope they think twice when someone complains about their contracted bailiffs in future.

It would seem that common sense has prevailed at WREXHAM COUNCIL and well done to them !!!

You and your family must be going through a most dreadful time at the moment and I do hope that your daughter in law makes a speedy recovery. A big hug from me to you all xxx

These employees need exposing. They need photographing perhaps when leaving the pig pen where they work and then plastering their pictures all over the internet. Sick individuals working for mentally ill companies. Let's face it, no one in their right mind would try and put pressure on a terminally ill person. Like I've mentioned before, I am seriously considering a name and shame Bailiff Web site and having it administered abroad.

I encourage everyone hassled by Bailiff firms and or DCAs to record all telephone calls. You only need to reply to one letter and have small print at the bottom of it stating calls to you home / mobile may be monitored for training and security purposes. - play these criminals at their own game.

I too have had trouble from Jacobs, they seem to think that they are above the law and immune to legislation re vulnerable clients, can't we take them on? form an action group?