Churchill Home Insurance Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I reported a problem with a burst pipe back in January 2011 and after hours on the phone to may I say the worse insurance company I have ever dealt with, and after having to make a formal complaint my claim has now progressed - 5 months on! I have recieved one cheque and have had workmen in (not finished though) but now im chasing my main chequr for re-embursment - promised numerous times but still waiting, they have told me that I have two older claims I never disclosed to them!! One I verified which was 3 years ago and I did declare it when filling in the details online (small kitchen fire) the other I have no clue. I now have to wait for the person dealing with the claim to sort it (not in till next week) but surley the cannot change their mind now, they have accepted my claim and paid out. Also I did declare the one claim I had, can they do this? anybody know what position I am in? im so fed up with Churchill I would not recommend them to anyone - very frustrated!!!!:-x

Perhaps due them being up for sale and therefore having staffing problems?

Churchills sites advises that claims complaints should be sent to the Regional Customer Service Manager, at the address shown on your claims documentation. Perhaps elevate your complaint up the line and threaten to move the complaint to the FOS.

Churchill check the claims both at the point of sale using the CUE system and when claims are made. So they could well have had the information from CUE and yourself at inception, plus they should have checked again when the claim was first made. They can't really turn around now and start kicking up a fuss, just because they are having problems handling your claim. Sounds very unprofessional or one could say a Churchills dogs dinner !!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread