Global Debt Recovery Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

Please excuse me if i get this wrong new on here.

I have done the usual head in sand kind of thing.

Well almost.

Two loans and a small o/d with lloyds TSB.

All coming up to the six year period.

NOt been taken to court as yet.

But all have defaults.

I did make an offer of payment but due to illness could not work so did not kep up payments.

Eventually global stepped in.

Lets say more phone calls than directory enqiries gets in a year.

Spoke to them at first but felt quite intimidated so offered more than i could afford.

Yes you guessed could not keep up payments.

I rang global and told them i had decided to go bankrupt.

The chap at the other end of the phone said in no uncertain terms would he allow me to do that.

And said if i went into court to do that he would block me all the way.

Very nasty phone call.

I ended up in tears beside myself.

So from then on in i have rightly or wrongly ignored their calls and letters.

After seeing this site i thought i would have a go at claiming back my ppi etc.

BUT and it is a big BUT.

I recieved a letter today from Global debt recovery.

As below.

Dear Mrs xxxxx

Your account LLoyds TSB a/c no xxxxxxxxx

WE hereby give you notice that lloyds tsb bank plc has assigned to global debt recovery ltd {global} on 22nd december 2006 all of lloyds tsb's right and title and interest in to and under the above detailed account. Global then assigned to FV-1,inc. {FV-1} on 22nd december all of globals right, title and interest in, to and under the above detailed account.

We have been appointed by FV-1 to administer the account. As a result of this asssignment the full amount is now due to FV-1, Inc. You should not make any payments to lloyds tsb in respect of the account as it will likely take longer to process payment and credit your acount with FV-1.

You should contact this office immiately so that we can agree payment terms with you.

FV-1 has the same rights as did lloyds tsb and Global to give information to credit ref agenies about personal debt that you owein respect of this account. If,

You have fallen behind with payments

The amount owed is not in dispute, and

you have not made proposals we are satisfied with for repaying the debt,

following this formal demand by FV-1 for 5,920.34, the amount due on your account.

Please do not ignore this letter. We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours

Etc Etc Etc

On behalf of FV-1, inc

I have not once recieved any letters from FV-1.

In fact never heard of them before.

Sorry for being so long winded.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Facing up to things now.

Two sleeping pill episodes and two nervous breakdowns,

Not ever ever going down that road again.

I like my life too much now.

Thank you in advance. x

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing is to relax-you are with us now-and most of us have been through what you are going through. If only we knew then what we know now'

Right to business. First send FV-1 a cca request-you will find it in the

General Debt section of the forum. The first subsection there begins with a

number of "sticky" threads, and the last one is by Barracad who very kindly

supplied template letters for our use in different situations.

Letter N template is the one you should copy and send to FV-1 along with a

£1 postal order-send it by recorded mail.

They now have twelve working days to comply with your demand. They have

to send you a copy of your original contract with Lloyds signed by both them and you. Any mention in it of any other documents [usually their T&Cs at least] have to be included, along with a signed statement by them of how

much the original debt was, how much you have paid off, and how many

payments you have missed.

Until they do that, they cannot pursue you for the debt. It is fairly unlikely

that they will supply the request within the time period. But should they fail

to do so, they are in default. They then have a further month to produce the

information, failure to do so means they commit an offence.

If you haven't already done so send an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Lloyds along with a £10 postal order [you

will find a template letter in the FAQS-step by step guide, on the first page

of the forum]. You will gets loads of info there including details of how much

you have paid in unlawful charges. You will also get info on your PPI

which should help your claim there. [There is also a section devoted to those reclaiming their ppi, so you can get ideas there and inspiration].

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) will also tell you when the debt was transferred and how much the

debt was. This figure should tie in with the one you should get from FV-1-if

it doesn't ask FV-1 why, as they should not have added to it. And until they

answer, the debt is still in dispute.

OK that's enough to be going on with. Keep us informed of what happens on

this thread-what they send, if anything and what they say. and read other

threads and info on the forum so you are sufficiently equipped not to get

upset by these numpties in future. Never deal with them on the phone and

if you get a problem that worries you, stick it up on this thread and someone

will do their best to sort it.

Global Debt Recovery are based in New Malden, Suurey and are closely linked with a company called Winged Messenger. They used to send out vague telegram type letters asking people to get in touch. There were complaints and they then added details about who they were in tiny, tiny writing.

I thought they had disappeared off the face of the civilised world having not heard anything about them in the past couple of years.

It is the one in New Malden. But it would not surprise me at all if they were not one and the same company. I am so angry because they have assigned the debt to a company to FV-1. I mean who the hell are they. New communication from them at all. And not only that it appears FV-1 have asked Global to administer the debt. Something not quite right about all this. It stinks. :-+

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tlusnoc

I have also had the same letter from Global in early January. I contacted them by phone to tell them it was statute barred, only for the clown on other end to go into hysterical mood telling me that that was not the case etc. etc.

I sent them a letter, using a template off The National Debtline telling them it was statute barred and this was included

"The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".

I/we await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed."

Today I received another letter asking me to make an offer of payment within 14 days otherwise they would pass it to their solicitors (who are based at same address). Again I telephoned them and told them in no uncertain terms that the account was statute barred and if they want to waste money then take me to court otherwise stop harrassing me. The guy on other end again goes off into his big speech and tripped himself up as he said FV-1 had bought the debt off Lloyds 2 months ago, whereas original leter stated that global had been assigned the debt and they had then assigned it to FV-1.

When I kept pressing him as to who FV-1 were he said if I didn't believe they were a genuine company, then contact companies house and see who the directors are. As I was on pc at the time I went straight to companies house webcheck and no company is registered in that name. This threw him a little as he got quite agitated and put me on hold. When he came back (think he thought I would have hung up) he said FV-1 have instructed them not to give any details out, but if I write to Global they will forward my letter.

I await there solicitors letter, though doubt they will bother, and I know they won't risk taking me to court for a debt which is now over 7 years old.

So FV-1 have instructed them not to give out any details. Soooooooo wrong. Very naughty, now is there anyone who can give us some advice on this please. I know the last time i spoke to global which was a few years ago, only because i was scared half to death with all the phone calls and threats. The man i spoke to was an utter beast. I told them i was going to go bankrupt and he said he would be in court blocking me all the way. Total intimidation. So are we not allowed to be told of who exactly is dealing with our debts. I dare not ring them again to find out. And who do i send the s.a.r. request to. LLoyds or global. Cant send one to FV-1 if i dont who they are or if they exsist. Does anyone know whether global or fv-1 are acting legally. God damn this is doing my tree in.

FV-1 INC of 25 CABOT SQUARE, CANARY WHARF, LONDON E14 4QA hold a licence issued by the Information Commissioner to process data. This includes debt collecting according to the details I've seen.

If you don't know who to SARN send it first to the original creditor and tell them what their "clients" are up to and point out they can still be held responsible.

Evening all, well had a reply from global re my SAR and cca reqest. Almost by return of post. Now the thing is i do not have a clue what to do now. here is the letter below.

Dear me

Re FV-1 (lloyds TSB Account No xxxxxx £5920.33

We acknowledge receipt of your request for further information on the above account.

Due to the age of the debt the copies of the original credit agreement is not readily available.

This was a lloyds TSB consolidated loan and overdraft account and we enclose a screen print of the information we hold.

When we contacted you in August 2002 you offered tomake monthly payments of £100. We received your payments between Sept 2002 and October 2005. Further attempts to contact you were unsuccessful

until we located you at your present address.

We are prepared to accept weekly or monthly payments in keeping with your present financial circumstances. Please send your proposed payment offer together with with a statement of means and supporting documentaion to the above address.

Methods of payment etc etc. To Global debt recovery ltd.

If you have any further enquiries please contact Harry Carter on xxxxxxxxx

Now. The debt with them on all other corrospondence has been £3100. Now WTF they want £5920.33. When they say they could not make contact with until they found me at my present address is a load of tosh. I had originally spoken to them via phone in 2002 from my present address. It was in 2005 when i spoke to them again and it was then they put the fear of god into me. Nasty man. And also nothing forthcoming from global about about FV-1.

Sorry long winded i know. Did not sleep a wink last night and feel very very down. I have also sent a sar to lloyds TSB. I feel totally alone. I have just been signed off from docs after weaning myself off anti depressants and i do not want to go down that road again. hope someone can give me some advice. Thank you.:Cry:

Yes after a fashion. Back in 2002 during a phone conversation with them. When i was told they would be taking everything out of my house. But not in writing. On the computer screen print they sent me it says i paid £2450 over three years. But that was not the case, I could not afford to keep paying them as i was in and out of hospital for quite some time and i could not keep up repayments. It has never gone to court. Was slapped with a default on both my accounts on august 2001. Otherwise nothing other than that showing on my credit ref file. Global say they have been assigned the debt but they have not changed the default into their name. Also the balance on both loans is now made up of ppi. Was a huge amount. Problem is i am statute barred from claiming this back now. The loan was taken out in august 1998 so really am stuffed. And yes i do owe money an di am not trying to get out of payingf it. Am willing to pay what i can. But certainly not almost double what i owe. And until such time i get to bottom of who owns the debt then there will be nothing paid at all. I have tried to push them into taking me to court so i could have the court deccide what i can afford. But for some reason they just wont do it. I guess i have messed up big time somewhere along the way. Even my overdraft with lloyds is made up of bank charges but again to late to reclaim my charges. Only way is to hang out for september to come and then my account should be statute barred and fall off the end of my credit file. I hope. Anyway thanks every one. Will get it all sorted somehow.

FV-1 Inc. are an incorporated company owned by Morgan Stanley, had to do some digging but got there in the end.

Fv-1, Inc; Think they are American Real Estate company that appear to take back people's houses when they haven't paid the mortgage...I still think they should be registered at companies house...I'll find out Monday :)

Just hate every DCA out there

Well done on all the fishing everyone. The one thing i cannot get to grips with no matter how hard i try is ..... Why cant Global give me an address to write or contact FV-1. Not that i actually would want to. Billy not silly. And also why would they want me to send them letters etc so global could pass them onto FV-1. Surely if this was all as it should be and FV-1 had bought the debt from lloyds then should they not be writing to me themselves. Why the hell should i hand money over to someone i dont know. Somethjing sooooo not right here. If they had nothing to hide then why not come out in the open and do there own chasing. Funny how their address is CABOT square. Any connection to certain other DCA. Or is my mind working overtime. Nah. Cant be that complicated. Can it.

Well done on all the fishing everyone. The one thing i cannot get to grips with no matter how hard i try is ..... Why cant Global give me an address to write or contact FV-1. Not that i actually would want to. Billy not silly. And also why would they want me to send them letters etc so global could pass them onto FV-1. Surely if this was all as it should be and FV-1 had bought the debt from lloyds then should they not be writing to me themselves. Why the hell should i hand money over to someone i dont know. Somethjing sooooo not right here. If they had nothing to hide then why not come out in the open and do there own chasing. Funny how their address is CABOT square. Any connection to certain other DCA. Or is my mind working overtime. Nah. Cant be that complicated. Can it.

25 Cabot Square actually-- Same address as Morgan Stanley...Might have to take a little trip down there one day to deliver my CCA by hand ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there

If i was not so far away i would come down and do the same thing myself. I believe that global are under the impression that as they have replied to my letter regarding the cca and the SAR saying due to age of debt these are not readily available, then they have complied with request. I think not. Think i am in for a long fight on this one. Hope i am up to it.

If i was not so far away i would come down and do the same thing myself. I believe that global are under the impression that as they have replied to my letter regarding the cca and the SAR saying due to age of debt these are not readily available, then they have complied with request. I think not. Think i am in for a long fight on this one. Hope i am up to it.

SO YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS THREAD we started the other day

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/68333-fv1-i-know-who.html

we got there eventually

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks