hello old friends

freebird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well by now my visit will be old news....

No excuses just lots of ongoing family illness and events,took priority and when the PC was on it was my son or daughter who were on line, but as CAG is my home page I guess I've never been far away from you xxxxxxx

In between the sick beds....I've tried to help friends and even neighbours to reclaim their charges and some have had succsess.

My son was on and off thier claim and wanted to do it themselves so I bit my tongue and took a back seat...however, they are with Barclays and up to (LBA) more or less. They were offered £480 over the phone in June but said they wanted to stick out for the £860. Their next step was to fill in the N1 as they sent the LBA..but being so really skint they phoned Barclays to say that they would accept the £480, ( yes I told them to hold out but they both know their own minds) !

The bank said that as they called to accept the £480 after July 1st. the bank will not even consider them until next year as all claims are frozen....

Now they're asking for some advice and I said I'd check out on here to see if they should go ahead with the N1.............

So my friends,, should they go ahead?

I'm waiting to go in for more surgery any day now but if I'm not on line, my daughter can pick up the thread or message for my son.

I hope you're all doing well and once again, I'm, so sorry for not keeping in touch but needs must and my evening encounters with the PC are once every blue moon. Please give my love and kind regards to Admin, pinkies and all my old mates and good luck to all current and new posters and claiments.

I hope my flight path encouraged a few to claim and stick at it.

luv'n stuff

Freebird xx

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Hi Freebird,

Your son was offered £480 in June and called after 1st July to accept.

Do you have exact dates and was anything concerning this put in writing by bank or son.

If he was WRONGLY advised by bank that "because he called after 1st July, he'd not be considered till next year", then he may have grounds to go back to Bank and complain that he accepted an offer in good time and the bank withdrew it prematurely.

You could tell bank you'll take the matter to the FOS (if that's the right one - I'll check, and come back)

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Consumers who have just been given an offer from the bank/building society

Consumers will have two months to decide whether to accept the bank or building society's offer or to wait for the outcome of the test case. If consumers choose to accept the offer, it is unlikely that they will be able to complain again later regardless of the outcome of the test case. If consumers choose to wait for the outcome of the test case, they will not be able to take up the firm's original offer and the firm will only deal with the complaint once the test case is concluded.

taken from:

FSA grants waiver to firms on complaints handling

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Freebird, its nice to see you again, tell your son to fill out his N1 and take it to the court, as he had already refused it, he cant ask for it back :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

FB,

"....being so really skint they phoned Barclays to say that they would accept the £480,......"

Did they actually decline the offer to Barclays by phone or letter, before deciding to accept it?

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)