Oldham Council- Refuse collection.

dori2o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the past 3 months, the bin men have missed my bin 5 times, twice in the last 2 weeks, despite me leaving the bin at the collection point every friday morning before I go to work.

I have called their 'contact centre' and the people there just do not seem interested, couldn't care less.

Is there anything I can do to sort this problem out. Is it possible to take them to court for breech of contract?

It is getting really annoying now as they refuse to collect black bags from the side of the bins, but what do I do when I have bags full of rubbish to throw away?

I was so tempted to get in the car with 2 bags of rubbish and dump it at the reception area of the Civic Centre, but I stopped myself at the last minute. After all 2 wrongs don't make a right.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Wouldn't think so, but it would be much better to WRITE to the Council and ask why your bin is somehow not being empties when you are paying for the service. This will provide a useful confirmation of your concern and place you in a better position than simply calling a contact centre that probably will not note your concerns.

also check to see if there is a reason. Some councils will not collect if the bin is overflowing, or if it's the wrong colour (or in my neighbours case, the wrong size), amongst other reasons (try this link Oldham Council - Clean & Green - Refuse Collection which might help).

I am not saying its right, merely that the situation may exist. Have a word with the binmen next time they come round. Be polite with them no matter what happens, and take it from there (a la Buzby's advice).

• 6 years later...
oldham council only want our money, due to the council wasting money designing a new logo

This thread is from 2007. I suggest you start a thread of your own elaine.

Thread closed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks