signature requested help

credit allergy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCAd 1st Credit on 5/07/07 re Barclaycard which they have bought. Recived some copy statements (not very detailed) yesterday. They rang today saying that they had a copy of the cca but said the following. In order for the admin dept to send it to me they want a copy of my passport or drivng licence for id and signature reasons. Apparently this is to comply with the Data Protection act. The operator couldnt explain why the statements were not under these rules as well. I am very sceptical about their reasoning and request can somebody please advise. When I made the CCA request I used a different signature ie initals not first name just in case. Following their arguement if they do not think i am who i say i am they cant enforce the debt against me can they!

I would not send them anything - it is up to them to comply - I had the same thing with goldfish and I replied with a copy of the statements they had been sending me every month ???? They are adamant that they want my signature but they aint getting it - will report them to TS if necessary

Don't send them a copy of anything especially your signature.

You don't have to comply with the Data Protection Act....they do!

Chances are they don't have a copy of the CCA right now, but rest assured they will have if you send your signature....seems as if they've learned to cut & paste!

BTW, from now on....do not speak to them on the 'phone. Everything must be in writing!

A Data Controller is entitled to verify the identity of an individual making a subject access request. Some of the banks have used this as a delaying tactic for some time.

HSBC demanded a signature from me; I had to go to a branch to sign on the back of a form in front of one of their staff. I crossed through the signature as soon as the woman had signed to say she'd witnessed it, and billed them a tenner for turning up.

My OH SARd First Direct, who also demanded her driving licence or passport. When she said no, they rang and asked her to go through security questions, which she did - her statements then arrived. She wrote to complain that they hadn't complied fully, and they replied saying that when they called her, it was only so they could send her statements - for anything else they required a signature! A quick LBA put paid to their games, but it's clear that some will use the rules for their own purposes.

You could send your signature with a line drawn through it - then they can see your signature, but scanning it would be useless because of the line.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Good idea - perhaps best to state that you are prepared to go into a local office.

There really is no need for them to see your signature.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi,

You could do this.

Write out what you want to send. PM me and I will fit it into the document with the grey box.

Once you print it out sign with a very light blue, green or red pen. Never sign with black.

Touch the paper lightly when signing as well.

Then put a thick line of black through it.

The reason you sign with those odd colours is they are hard for scanners to pick up against the grey background.

Another idea is to put hatching on the grey box. I'll do that some other time.

I believe they don't have your CCA and would recommend sending nothing or sending your signature but as described in the signature thread here .

Legally if you identify it's you sending the letters it constitutes a valid signature.

As Nitrous pointed there is nothing wrong with signing in multiple colour/styles.

Personally I use a printed line to sign on.

something like this works a treat: #__________*__________#

Then simply sign over the top of it.

This makes photoshop specials very difficult.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I sent a scan of my driving licence with "COPY COPY COPY" through it in thick multi-coloured lettering at 45 degrees. Call me paranoid if you must...

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Today I recived a threatening letter from this dca. On phone told them to stop as account was in dispute. The operator said they cant stop letters going out. She said they are still waiting for a copy of licence for signature but they have definately got the agreement. I said no, for ID theft reasons I rang ICO who said they can ask but not specific about documents but said CCA act 1974 takes preference. I am wary because they seem happy to discuss matter on phone after security questions. Having dealt with DCAs if they had an agreement and I am ringing them up surely the pound signs would be flashing and the Data protection Act would be the last thing on their mind. Can anybody advise.

Today I recived a threatening letter from this dca. On phone told them to stop as account was in dispute. The operator said they cant stop letters going out. She said they are still waiting for a copy of licence for signature but they have definately got the agreement. I said no, for ID theft reasons I rang Information Commissioners Office who said they can ask but not specific about documents but said CCA act 1974 takes preference. I am wary because they seem happy to discuss matter on phone after security questions. Having dealt with DCAs if they had an agreement and I am ringing them up surely the pound signs would be flashing and the Data protection Act would be the last thing on their mind. Can anybody advise.

If they had it they would send it.

They want you to pay, so it's in their interest to send it quickly.

They haven't got it me thinks :)

I agree so I am going to write and claim ID risks because even IOC couldnt say everything is 100% safe. I might offer to collect from head office or similar. I need to cover myself and look reasonable it might be the case that they have an application or something. They have in fact to make this request in writing and in any event should have informed me of their policy prior to 30 days time limit for CCA purposes. As I said earlier I just feel that if they were certain of their position they would be pursuing the debt a lot harder.