Lloyds TSB Mastercard

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just thought I`d `bump` this thread.

Has anyone any comments on my previous post `50` regarding the charges etc? They are still adding on charges and interest.

Are they allowed to do this on an account that is in dispute and no CCA has been show yet?

I`d appreciate anything from anyone on this.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi N.P.

In my experience with Lloyds they do exactly what they FEEL like doing, regardless of how they SHOULD lawfully be handling things. :mad:

It won't matter to them one jot that the account is officially in dispute and it doesn't surprise me that they are still adding their charges as the same thing has happened with me.

The good thing about it is that IF they do appear with a properly executed CCA then you can dispute all the "punitive" charges with a claim at a later date.

In my case there is no CCA and yet they are in the process of taking me to court; I intend to fight them all the way! :mad:

Hope this helps.

Love SGx

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi there,

Thanks for the post SG59,

I guess we are in exactly the same boat. When did you open your Account with Lloyds Card? Mine was opened in 2002.

Is is right that if they Default you and take you to Court, you can actually sue them for the Default to the amount of the alleged debt + £1000 if they don`t have a CCA? I`m not sure but I`m sure I read a few threads mentioning that.

If that`s true they you could turn the whole game around with that. Let`s hope eh?

If you give me the link to your thread I will watch it with great interest.

Thanks again for the post.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi NP

Mine is not a bank account it is an alleged personal loan. Here is the link to my thread:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/81224-spiritgirl-various-dcas-27.html

I'm not sure about the default situation NP, but one of the other CAGers may know and be able to advise you.

Good luck! Keep fighting!

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi there,

Thanks for the post SG59,

I guess we are in exactly the same boat. When did you open your Account with Lloyds Card? Mine was opened in 2002.

Is is right that if they Default you and take you to Court, you can actually sue them for the Default to the amount of the alleged debt + £1000 if they don`t have a CCA? I`m not sure but I`m sure I read a few threads mentioning that.

NOT QUITE, BASICALLY WHERE THE DEFAULT IS UNLAWFUL AND DAMAGES YOU CREDIT RATING , THERE IS A BELIEF THAT UNDER THE RULING OF Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society - [1996] 4 All ER 119 IT, THE CASE INVOLVED DAMAGES TO CREDIT AND BASICALLY THE DAMAGES WERE SET AT 1000 PER DEFAULT.

THAT SAID, THINGS ARE NOT AS SIMPLE AS THEY SEEM, YOU WOULD NEED TO ESTABLISH ALSO THAT THE DEFAULT NOTICE WAS INVALID Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain and Co - [2001] GCCR 2255 MAY HELP HERE,

If that`s true they you could turn the whole game around with that. Let`s hope eh?

If you give me the link to your thread I will watch it with great interest.

Thanks again for the post.

Regards

N.P

its not a simple as it sounds to be honest and before even contemplating advising you on this side of things there is a lot more info which would be required.

plus its not the easiest of things to argue in court so if you have any doubts then the rule of thumb i use is if your in doubt dont even bother

i hope this helps

regards

paul

Hi there,

Thanks for the posts spiritgirl and paul.

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean regarding the Default situation.

The Lloyds Card also has PPI on which at the moment is around £45 a month. Could I possibly use this is my defence and claim this back, should they show up with something legit? Im not sure what grounds though, maybe miss-sold or say I didn`t tick the box, but then there will probably be a YES and NO box.

Any idea`s on how to tackle this one?

Thanks again, and thanks in advance.

Regards

N.P

Hi again,

Update!

A couple of day ago I received the following letter from Lloyds Collections:

Dear N.P

Despite our previous letter the following account is still in arrears and arrangement has been made. It would appear that this account is currently a low priority to you.

Account Number: Mine

Arrears: £451.16

If payment has not been made you must ensure it is made immediately AND that you contact us on the above telephone number, at which time we would expect an explanation of your account conduct to date, so that we may decide on the appropriate collection and recovery action.

We are open for telephone contact between 8am and 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturday. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored in order to ensure security for our customers and staff and to help maintain service quality.

Please be assured that the consequences of not giving this matter the most urgent attention could be severe and may include addiitional charges, a negative affect on your credit rating and the possibility of legal action.

Yours sincerely

squiggle

Collections Centre.

Now, considering these ball bags have completely blanked my CCA request, still putting charges and interest on the account, they seem to be getting nasty now. Has anyone else had anything like this?

I like that part that reads they expect an explanation of my conduct and also the recording of calls to ensure security and maintain service quality. How the hell does it ensure security if they record everything?

Has anyone any idea`s for a suitable response?

I look forward to hearing from you on this.

Regards

N.P

It just so happens that i do, heres one i threw at Littlewoods a while ago, should fit your personal situation

Dear Sirs,

RE : REQUEST FOR COPY OF CREDIT AGREEMENT

ACC No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated **********, the contents of which are noted

I note that to date you have not complied with my request for a copy of the credit agreement for this alleged debt which you are pursuing me for

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request remains outstanding. All you have sent is a pre-contractual application form, which is illegible and therefore not compliant with the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557), your attention is drawn to regulation 2 (1) which sets out how copy documents must be presented

Notwithstanding the fact that the application form sent is illegible it does not contain the prescribed terms contained within Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553). Without production of a compliant executed agreement I am unable to asses if I am indeed liable for any alleged debt to you, nor does it give me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that you allege exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

For the avoidance of any doubt I have included section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which states…

78 Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [£1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

(7) This section does not apply to a non-commercial agreement, and subsections [(4) to (5)] do not apply to a small agreement.

For an agreement to be properly executed it must contain certain terms and be signed by both debtor and creditor. The required terms are laid out in regulations (SI 1983/1553) and is covered by sections 60 and 61 Consumer Credit Act 1974

To clarify s61(1) states

(1)A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© The document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible

In addition the prescribed terms referred to in section 60 CCA1974 are contained in schedule 6 column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and are inter alia: - A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit, A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement and A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following—

1.Number of repayments;

2.Amount of repayments;

3.Frequency and timing of repayments;

4.Dates of repayments;

5.The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable

Since this document does not contain the required prescribed terms it is rendered unenforceable by s127 (3) consumer Credit Act 1974, which states

127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

This situation is backed by case law from the Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (House of Lords) the highest court in the land. Your attention is drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the agreement cannot be enforced.

Therefore based upon the Consumer Credit Act 1974 this debt as it stands is unenforceable and should this proceed to litigation, a court is precluded from making an enforcement order under section 127(3) unless a true copy of the signed agreement is produced. I will re-iterate that this is clearly not a true copy of the executed agreement between ********* and myself.

In addition, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection

The OFT guidance which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006) relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair, I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

What I Require.

I require that you send me a true copy of the executed agreement as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you are unable to supply the requested documentation because no such agreement is in existence I require written clarification as such.

I require that you comply with my request within 7 days of the date of this letter. I will not correspond any further with you until I either receive a copy of the requested documents as laid down in section 78(1) CCA 74 or clarification that such agreement doesn’t exist.

No other correspondence will be accepted

I trust this out lines the situation

Regards

(PRINT DONT SIGN)

edit to suit

Merry Christmas

Regards

paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the letter matey. I`ll edit accordingly and paste a copy up for you to check. I`ve had a quick read through it and it certainly looks interesting.

Any idea`s of how to challenge them on the PPI which is on this card? It first started off at around £5 a month, now it`s upto around £45 a month. Should I cancel it or just wait and see what documents they show up with, to see which way to go? There`s also charges on this account. I`m also expecting them to call in my overdraft on my current account anytime, this also has some charges applied.

Thanks again for the help, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

N.P

Hi N.P.

Paul's letter is terrific :)

I was going to suggest you send something along these lines, but Paul's is a lot more detailed, mind you you could always stick a couple of my sentences in for good measure!!

Dear Bully Bank

Ref: Account No.

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXX and quite frankly am astounded by its contents.

May I draw your attention to the first paragraph of your letter wherein you state "it would appear this account is currently a low priority to you". On the contrary it would appear that my request under Consumer Law is in fact a low priority to you, since you have taken the decision to totally ignore my letter dated XXX (put in date of CCA letter).

You should note that I have no intention whatsoever of contacting you by telephone to discuss this matter. I will only communicate with you in writing. You will not receive from me any "explanation" as you put it, regarding the activity on my account since I am still awaiting a response to my letter dated XXX (CCA one) or your "explanation" as to why you are unable to respond fully to its contents.

I must advise you that any legal action you commence will be most vigorously defended, and I will show the court by all correspondence in my possession your blatant disregard for my rights as a consumer under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Up Yours (or if you prefer, Yours Faithfully) :p

NP

Even if you don't use it, I enjoyed writing that NP and have used it myself a couple of times in the past!! Good luck!

Xmas Hugs

Love SG x

Hi spiritgirl,

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you all have a great Holiday.

That letter was great sg, I will use ALL of that together with Paul`s letter, I might change the Bully Bank to knob head`s or something similar.

Who do these people think they are demanding an explanation of my account conduct, I`ll do whatever the hell I like. What a bunch of muppets! Most of it is made up of interest and PPI anyway, with a few charges thrown in. The only thing I`ll explain to these idiots is the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I`ll print the letter and post it out on Thursday, there`s no point yet.

Right, have a nice day tomorrow all, I hope you get what you want.

Regards

N.P

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, mine wasnt` too bad, twisty kids, twisty other half, just the usual really.

I was just wondering, does anyone have a letter of complaint I could use please? I want to send it to Trading Standards regarding Lloyds actions on this, IE still whacking on monthly payments, interest and charges and basically because I don`t like Lloyds.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

N.P

Hi N.P.

I don't have a suitable letter for this situation really or else you could have had it with pleasure. Have you had a look on the Lloyds TSB forum on site? There may be something in there you could find. Try searching under "complaint to Trading Standards" on that forum and see what pops up. This is the way I've found out a few things in the past, it takes a bit of reading up and looking through but you may find something useful.

I don't think there is an actual letter in the bank templates either - but someone may see this now as I "bump" it and be able to help you.

Sorry I can't be of more help this time.

We had a very quiet Christmas, just the 2 of us as the kids have now flown the nest LOL. It felt a bit strange but it was enjoyable in a funny sort of way ... a bit of peace and able to do what we wanted....and hubby cooked the Christmas dinner so it was a special treat for me!

Take care, and enjoy the rest of the festive break.

Love SG x

Hi SG,

No problems, I`ll keep hunting around. The next payment is due on the 29th anyway, but as they haven`t shown up with my CCA I`m going to buy something nice with it, so they can feck off (so they say on here), lol.

Have fun, I`ll probably catch up with you again soon, lol.

Regards

N.P

Hi again boys and girls,

Right, I`ve just copied, edited and pasted Paul`s and SG`s letters, ready to fling at them impossible idiots at Lloyds TSB.

Please have a read through to check all is ok? I`d appreciate any feedback on this before I send it off.

Please bear in mind, they have totally ignored my CCA request, not even a Application Form came back, nothing. Yet, they are still applying charges and interest and still adding on the missed payments which I haven`t been paying due to their non-compliance of my CCA request.

LLOYDS TSB

COLLECTIONS CENTRE

CHARLTON PLACE

CHARLTON ROAD

ANDOVER

HAMPSHIRE

SP10 1RE.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER!

Dear Morons,

RE: REQUEST FOR COPY OF CREDIT AGREEMENT

ACCOUNT NUMBER: Whatever!

Thank you for your letter dated 17th December 2007, the contents of which are noted, although, quite frankly I am astounded by its contents.

May I draw your attention to the first paragraph of your letter wherein you state "it would appear this account is currently a low priority to you". On the contrary it would appear that my request under Consumer Law is in fact a low priority to you, since you have taken the decision to totally ignore my letter dated 21st September 2007.

You should note that I have no intention whatsoever of contacting you by telephone to discuss this matter. I will only communicate with you in writing. You will not receive from me any "explanation" as you put it, regarding the activity on my account since I am still awaiting a response to my letter dated 21st September 2007 or your "explanation" as to why you are unable to respond fully to its contents.

I must advise you that any legal action you commence will be most vigorously defended, and I will show the court by all correspondence in my possession your blatant disregard for my rights as a consumer under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I note that to date you have still not complied with my request for a copy of the credit agreement for this alleged debt which you are pursuing me for.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter, dated 21st September 2007.

My request remains outstanding and I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

For the avoidance of any doubt I have included section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which states…

78 Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [£1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

(7) This section does not apply to a non-commercial agreement, and subsections [(4) to (5)] do not apply to a small agreement.

For an agreement to be properly executed it must contain certain terms and be signed by both debtor and creditor. The required terms are laid out in regulations (SI 1983/1553) and is covered by sections 60 and 61 Consumer Credit Act 1974

To clarify s61(1) states

(1)A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© The document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible

In addition the prescribed terms referred to in section 60 CCA1974 are contained in schedule 6 column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and are inter alia: - A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit, A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement and A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following—

1.Number of repayments;

2.Amount of repayments;

3.Frequency and timing of repayments;

4.Dates of repayments;

5.The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable

Therefore based upon the Consumer Credit Act 1974 this debt, as it stands, is unenforceable and should this proceed to litigation, a court is precluded from making an enforcement order under section 127(3) unless a true copy of the signed agreement is produced.

In addition, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection.

The OFT guidance which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006) relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair, I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment.

What I Require.

I require that you send me a true copy of the executed agreement as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you are unable to supply the requested documentation because no such agreement is in existence I require written clarification as such.

I require that you comply with my request within 7 days of the date of this letter. I will not correspond any further with you until I either receive a copy of the requested documents as laid down in section 78(1) CCA 74 or clarification that such agreement doesn’t exist.

No other correspondence will be accepted.

I trust this out lines the situation.

Regards

N.P

Ok people, I guess that is that, if all reports come back ok, then I will send this off Recorded ASAP.

I`m hoping they will come back with something like they never received my CCA request, even though they signed for it in Branch and paid the £1 CCA request fee off the Credit Card balance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

N.P

Superb NP.

I have sent letters back to them in exactly the same tone as they have written to me- as in 'TAKE NOTE - blah blah'. I can't believe I have found the audacity to reply in that way but they bloody well deserve it.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

LLOYDS TSB

COLLECTIONS CENTRE

CHARLTON PLACE

CHARLTON ROAD

ANDOVER

HAMPSHIRE

SP10 1RE.

N.P

Hi N.P

Where the hell did you get that address from for the Collections centre ?

That is completely different from the one the clowns gave me over the phone last week.

That is the address for the Financial Management Unit. I was given a Brighton address for the Collections Departmentm :mad:

Jesus christ, is it no wonder you never get a reply off these clowns, you never know where to send letters to !!

Pete.

Hi pete,

Glad you found my thread with Lloyds.

The address I`m using was on the last letter I received from them. Your right though, they have too many addresses to remember.

Regards

N.P

Hi pete,

Glad you found my thread with Lloyds.

The address I`m using was on the last letter I received from them. Your right though, they have too many addresses to remember.

Regards

N.P

The only postal address that was on my 'reminder' from the Collections department was

Collections Centre

Brighton BN1 4BE

Plus an 0870 phone number.

Do they not have to supply a full postal address to reply to regarding these matters ?

I was also interested how you took letters to your local branch, what address did you put on them ? Or did you just put Department on them ?

The reason I ask is that when this woman phoned me last week she said that she had no intention of contacting the Financial Management Unit(the address you have given above for collections) regarding my circumstances. Yet that is who Customer Services told me to write to.

So far I have wrote to London, Hampshire and Brighton and I'm still not sure which is the right one.

I'm getting confused now and more pee'd off :)

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the post. The address you need is the one on my letter, that is the full address that was on the `you have missed 3 months payments, pay up or we`ll shoot you` letter.

Like you have been told, NO MORE PHONE CALLS to these fools, they will fill you with **** in order to get you to agree anything. They are no better than Debt Collectors. EVERYTHING IN WRITING from now on, PERIOD!

Start off with a CCA to both Loan and Credit Card, you must send a seperate one to each.

I printed out my CCA request and placed it in an envelope addressed to the Collections Center (full address) as if I was going to post it. I also printed `PAYMENT ENCLOSED` on the envelope. There was a payment enclosed, my £1 CCA request fee, LOL.

Anyway, I went into my local Lloyds TSB and asked them to send this off via their internal mailing system. I said it must go to Collections, and I need a receipt as proof that I have delivered / sent it off.

They`ll say it`s not their correct procedure, but make sure they understand you don`t give two ****s about what they say and that your simply dropping a letter in because you`ve had trouble with Royal Mail and letters going missing.

Don`t leave untill you have a receipt of delivery. Then you just count your 12 + 30 days. Who cares if they don`t read it, at least if it goes to Court you have proof you made a legitimate CCA request which they totally blanked.

Regards

N.P

Hi again N.P.

You are an inspiration, you always make me smile :)

The letter looks good - did you leave "dear Morons" on it pmsl :D I love the way you went into your branch like that and interfered with their "internal mail correct procedures" rofl ! Don't they talk such a load of jackson pollocks!!

And Goldlady, I'm like you too now, I write back to them in the exact tone they use with me. Years ago and pre-CAG I would never have dared to stand up for myself the way I do now.

All this is rubbing off in other ways too - I had a complaint about the service at B&Q a few weeks ago and asked to speak to the on duty Manager rather than the dopey looking guy on customer services! Had them running round trying to find the Manager and giving me dirty looks, but it did the trick, I got 15% off my shopping bill as a "gesture of goodwill", a profuse apology, and the Manager helped me take the trolley out to the carpark :D :D

Love SG x

Hello again SG,

Thanks for the post.

I`m glad you like my attitude, it`s a pitty the numpties we deal with don`t.

I was surprised to read I make you smile. When you wrote that, you actually made me smile, LOL. :o Now I feel sooooo crap, it`s gone to my head.

Anyway, yeah, the letter is waiting in the envelope ready to post, it`s going next day Special Dell after the weekend. I just wanted to make sure everyone agreed with it first.

Also, the definition of `Moron` in the Oxford dictionary - noun informal - a stupid person. Origin early 20th Century. (as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8-12) Greek `foolish`. I think that is a perfect description of the sort of halfwits (noun - a foolish or stupid per) we are dealing with. I don`t think I can get busted for slander over that, as clearly they ARE stupid.

I once had a 45 minute arguement on the phone with some stupid cow at Lloyds over bank charges - she just kept repeating that they charge £35 because that it what they charge so that is why they are charging me £35 because they charge £35 so that it what they are charging me and on and on and on. She was just laughing at me and really got my back up. It was like these idiots are just they to mock us and offer no help at all.

A few months ago, my Lloyds Card DD was due out but I was short of money on that day. So, my girlfriend put enough money in my bank to clear it that day, but they still bounced the DD and charged me £35 on the current account and also a £12 late payment fee on the Card account, even thought I put money in on the same day. From that moment on, it has been WAR and I`m not giving an inch.

I setup another account with another bank and had my pay and DD`s setup on that so the parasittes at Lloyds can`t help themselves.

I expect them to call in the overdraft on my current account but I`ll dispute that over charges and will CCA that too, just to confuse them.

The Credit Card has charges applied and also PPI at £45 a month, which I will dispute when the time comes. So, I`ve got strategy sorted out, I just hope it works.

Yeah, also, the banks are there to serve the people, not each other, so I beleive their internal mailing system is so I can save money on Royal Mails garbage service, LOL.

I think that Pete guy - odds, needs to CCA them mofo`s at Lloyds now, what do you think?

Right, time to finish tea. Hopefully I can make you smile again and brighten up your day. I was a nice guy once, but was pushed too far, sort of like Rambo, LOL.

Regards

N.P

Hi again NP :)

A few months ago, my Lloyds Card DD was due out but I was short of money on that day. So, my girlfriend put enough money in my bank to clear it that day, but they still bounced the DD and charged me £35 on the current account and also a £12 late payment fee on the Card account, even thought I put money in on the same day. From that moment on, it has been WAR and I`m not giving an inch.

Another thing we have in common then! Earlier this year my OH put money into his Lloyds account as he knew it was about to go overdrawn, he put enough money in to cover the overdraft and a few more quid besides. Lo and behold he then got a letter stating that he had gone overdrawn that day and they were adding charges :mad: He phoned up and spoke to them and they said the money had been paid in "too late for the close of that day's business" !! He is self employed and was very busy, and had gone to the bank in the early afternoon as it was the first opportunity he got. He was told that to be sure funds had cleared it is best to pay them in first thing in the morning!...so he was expected to drop everything everything and rush to the bank - never mind his customer where he was working, as long as the bank are kept happy eh :-x

Mind you he did write a snotty letter about that incident and the charges were refunded "as a gesture of goodwill on this occasion" which IMHO means they knew quite well they were being petty minded for the sake of a few hours grrr!

So yes I agree with you, it is WAR with them.

Love SG x

Hi people,

Well, just a little update, if you want to call it that.

Today I received a letter from some bot splat at Lloyds TSB.

It reads -

Dear Mr N.P,

Your Account Details: Whatever

We see that you haven`t paid anything into your account since 31st October 2007 and that you are using the Planned Overdraft. So we just wanted to check if there`s a problem.

We know there could be all sorts of reasons why you haven`t paid any money in recently - for example some salaries are not as regular as others. So if you don`t think you will be able to pay anything into your account in the next seven days, or you are having trouble keeping your account in credit, please let one of my team know. They will do everything they can to help.

If you have any questions or you would like to any of this through, please do give us a call.

Yours sincerley.

Richard Cranium

Senior moron.

Looks to me like this halfwit in a cheap suite and beatles hair do and has put his Elton John glasses on and noticed something perculiar about my account, like it`s over the overdraft and I haven`t put anything in.

Well, that`s because I`m using a another account with another Bank. And if I did put money in, they`d only steal it for the Credit Card anyway. The know they one I`m still waiting for a CCA for?

I like the line please call our team and we`ll do everything they can to help.

How about this? They refund all the charges on the account which will bring the account inside the overdraft, instead of overdrawing on it?

Regards

N.P

I once had a 45 minute arguement on the phone with some stupid cow at Lloyds over bank charges

Regards

N.P

I'm just reading this thread again and I'm sorry N.P but I must question this statement.

Was it really a stupid cow or a Lloyds employee suffering from CJD ?

Infact is there a difference ? :)

Pete.