Callabration and use..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody tell me if they know of people asking the council who gave the ticket out for a callabration certificte and a certificte of training for the opperator. Perhaps there might be a letter on the site asking for these. Thanks, Paul.

Green,,. I mean the parking attendent.. The person issueing the ticket.. He must of had training to use the small hand held machine that prints the ticket. If it hasn't been callabrated or the operator hasn't been trained to use it , maybe it's not valid??. Paul.

Guest perky88

I am sure the guy has had training .. but they are pretty basic to use ... the machine only asks for pre-required info, they select the contravention code and machine does rest.

Calibration ... the only thing it would be it timed/dated ... In the old days of the Psion Printers this used to be checked oficially every 14-days and reset .. I think the new ones are updated via GPS.

Perky.. Thanks, It's only the time that bothers me. the same old story told by others, I'm sure I back was in the car at the same time as the ticket was printed. My car clock is gps that is what I'm going by. But I might still ask when was the last time it had been callabrated.

Guest perky88

I agree, not all of them are GPS based .. Our local council still use the old ones with manual times ... but even if the time is out by a few mins, it is unlikely to influence the time between noted (unless 2 different attendants noted with machines out of sync)

If you feel its wrong .. then appeal .. the worst case is you have to pay ... and if you dont appeal you still have to pay .. so nothing to lose and everything to possibly gain.

The PCNs on the machines are downloaded at the end of the day which allows most systems to sync with a central clock and ensure they are all showing the same time. PAs are supposed to print off a test PCN at the start of the day and write it in their pocket book, though its just good practice not a legal requirement.

It is almost impossible to ensure every car park and meter clock is in sync to the second with PAs HHCT which is why expired tickets are not issued instantly they expire.

I agree with Perky its not rocket science to use them but cannot see a PA being given one and shoved out on the street without being shown how to use it, I don't think any employer would be that stupid?

Green and mean.. I paid via a ticket till 16.59. (the swimming pool at Tewkesbury closed at 17.00) returned to my car outside in the car park and had a ticket timed at 17.15. Even if we were slow to return it must of only been 17.10 at the latest. There was no sight of a P A in the near empty car park, and the pay and display time limit or restrictions on parking ended at 17.30.

Guest perky88

Its def worth asking the question in your case ... put that and the facts to the council ... guidance from the BPA does allow for a grace period of 10mins.

Does seem like an over jelous warden ..

Green and mean.. I paid via a ticket till 16.59. (the swimming pool at Tewkesbury closed at 17.00) returned to my car outside in the car park and had a ticket timed at 17.15. Even if we were slow to return it must of only been 17.10 at the latest. There was no sight of a P A in the near empty car park, and the pay and display time limit or restrictions on parking ended at 17.30.

If you had removed the car by the time on the P&D ticket the PA logically would not have been able to issue a PCN to you since it must obviously be issued after 16.59 therefore the contravention is shown to have taken place. If you had returned at 16.59 to find a PCN timed 17.05 then your defence of a dodgy HCCT would have had more of a chance but as it is I think you are onto a loser as you admit yourself returned late.

There is no grace period set in law but most councils use 5 mins which sounds harsh but if you made it lets say 20 mins most people would just pay for 20 mins less and use the grace period as free parking. You can submit mitigating circumstances for cancellation such as being delayed on a train journey but generally just being late because you missjudged the time will not get a PCN cancelled. If you are 100% certain the PCN was issued before 16.59 there is probably CCTV on the car park you could ask to examine as I'm sure by law all footage of yourself can be demanded to view.