Time limit

rachaelc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dunno if ive posted this in the correct place, but im currently looking to take someone to SCC for an iem i brought on ebay, however, is there a time limit that you have from the moment you found out about problem to registering the case in small claims court? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dunno if ive posted this in the correct place, but im currently looking to take someone to SCC for an iem i brought on ebay, however, is there a time limit that you have from the moment you found out about problem to registering the case in small claims court? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How did you pay for it? Have you tried Ebays dispute resolution service?

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

Basically it was concert tickets, brought through paypal on ebay, we brought them last August for a gig in december, found out in October that we werent getting the tickets, contacted Paypal, as the transaction was over 90 days they weren't interested, same as ebay. Have spoken to other people and he gave a story that his suppliers let him down, police were involved via another buyer, and they were happy that his story matched what he has told us,so we were happy to give hime time get the money back for us, but havent heard anything from him in ages, he did reply to emails, but doesnt anymore, we paid £200 for these tickets and just feel that he's had his opportunity to sort it out and keep us informed but he hasnt, so we wanna take it further - any advice?????

Basically it was concert tickets, brought through paypal on ebay, we brought them last August for a gig in december, found out in October that we werent getting the tickets, contacted Paypal, as the transaction was over 90 days they weren't interested, same as ebay. Have spoken to other people and he gave a story that his suppliers let him down, police were involved via another buyer, and they were happy that his story matched what he has told us,so we were happy to give hime time get the money back for us, but havent heard anything from him in ages, he did reply to emails, but doesnt anymore, we paid £200 for these tickets and just feel that he's had his opportunity to sort it out and keep us informed but he hasnt, so we wanna take it further - any advice?????

Did you pay for it by credit card via Paypal? If I'd have bought something in August and not had it delivered by October I would have been screaming long before then.

Have you spoken to Trading Standards?

Just trying to exhaust all the usual options before legal action - which is an option of last resort in most cases.

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

With concert tickets that can arrive anything up to 7 days before the event, so it not unusual to waitin along time before they arrive. It was paid on my partners bank account card but barclys claim that the legal protection does not cover him for this (even though his does pay for the additions)

With concert tickets that can arrive anything up to 7 days before the event, so it not unusual to waitin along time before they arrive. It was paid on my partners bank account card but barclys claim that the legal protection does not cover him for this (even though his does pay for the additions)

Ah, if memory serves me right credit card companies are jointly liable but a debit card isn't covered like that.

Go here..

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/search/dbase/searchlocal.cfm

.. and find your local TS office, give them a call. Alternatively..

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/complaints.shtml

.. and fill out the form.

On a separate note, might be worth having a word with Barclays and finding out exactly what their 'cardholder protection' your partner is getting with his Additions account, and why this isn't covered. I mean, no point paying an extra tenner a month if it don't work :)

-------

-------

I believe that the SCC time limit would still be 6 years as it a breach of contract. Although there is no signed agreement you entered into a sales contract whereby his requirement was to provide the product (in this case the tickets) and your side was to provide payment for it (which you did)

I would also contact the police force with the request for information not the officer concerned, mentioning the fact that he hasn't returned emails.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 3 years later...