Anyone kno about Scotcall?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just got a strange visit from a so called 'bailiff' from a company called Scotcall. Answered the door and he says, "I'm from Scotcall. It's about a debt to Barclaycard, etc, etc". I told him that they owe me more in charges I am claiming than I owe them so kindly go away. He says he is a 'bailiff' at which I laughed and told him that was impossible because i haven't got any CCJs! Then he asks me to tell them this on his little phone. I refuse, saying I only want contact by letter, at which pont I slammed the door. He carried on saying something and then proceeded to wait outside my house, sat in his car, for 20 minutes.

Straight away I phoned Trading Standards who said as it was a new complaint I would be put through to Consumer Direct. They were very nice and gave me phone numbers of the FSA and CCCS - which I will phone later. I'll also be contacting Barclaycard to tell them about the harassment.

Basically, this guy tried to intimidate me by claiming to be a bailiff and I need to report this company to the relevant authorities.

Just wondering if anyone else has had dealings with Scotcall and any suggestions on what to do.

Cheers

Gee that's nice of them.

Wonderful breach of OFT Guidelines claiming to be something they're not.

Have you even received any letters or cards from these "people" yet ??

If he comes back, just call the police on him.

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Scotcall

address:

Scotcall Debt Collecting Services

Carrick House, 40 Carrick Street

Glasgow

G2 8PJ

telephone:

0141-248 8098

Scotcall are pretty much at the bottom end of the bottom feeders of all DCAs, which gives you an idea of how low they are. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

From what I can gather a number of DCA's use Scotcall to threaten home visits and also to make more nasty phone calls and send more nasty letters on their behalf. It's my guess Scotcall don't own the debt. I'm not 100% on this though. Anyone know if Scotcall actually buy debts or are they purely a third party in all of this? Whatever they are, they need a good dark, dingy dungeon like the rest of them.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Scotcall originally contacted me by letter claiming to be acting for Cabot. As soon as I CCA'd them they decided they were no longer dealing with the account.

Which is good, because they sound like a right nasty bunch, who definately need reporting.

In this case, they picked on someone who knew their rights, but I wonder how many people are intimdated by their behaviour and scared witless :(

• Haha 1

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Scotcall were chasing me for an old Next account (I have a thread running). Basically, they couldn't adhere to my CCA request and have said the account has been passed back to their clients (I thought NEXT) but they said Debt Managers. up until that point I'd never even heard of debt managers!!!!

• Haha 1

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks for a quick response.

I did contemplate calling the police and certainly will if there is a 'next time'.

Can't find any letters rom them so presume they'e agents for Mercers, who I've had an on - off relationship since November. If this company had carried out any of their threats, this would have been in court moonths ago. But they know they can't win in court on the issue of the charges and the fact barclaycard's CCA agreement was the old type, not having the precribed terms.

As for the debt, they say I owe £5500, while I have submitted a claim for charges and interest worth £5600.00, (including going back to 1995). I would gladly settle the account at a zero balance and have done with it, (losing £100 as a sign of goodwill!) but they will not agree to anything that makes sense.

By the way, the agent, (and I use that term loosely) was a dead ringer for Grant Mitchell, but not as clever. Wonder if anyone in the North West area has met him. Any more comments welcome. I'm off for a walk on the beach and then it's down to writing the numerous letters of complaint etc. . .

Oneofakind,

I had the same thought as you as his car was driving away - should have thought quicker - so only got the first 4 digits, which were NUO4 I think. Seeing another post today with a photo of the so called bailiff clamping a car, it might be a good idea for anyone in this position to keep a camera or mobile phone handy.

Guest Fallenangel

Hi

I had a similar experience with a guy from scotcall a few years ago and he frightened me half to death. Was very intimidating, and sat outside house for a bit, took my car reg number down, which at the time freaked me out. Am just wondering if its the same guy. Was he tall?

took my car reg number down

theres not a lot they can do with it. I think the main reason they do it is because they know your going to be peeking out the curtians at them so they do a little scare tatic before leaving.

Guest Fallenangel

Ha! yeah i think they were crayola.......:razz:

This guy was about 6 ft, and looked like lurch......from the adams family?....anyway he paid me a few visits, and the last one was for a very old debt......told him I knew nothing about it...and he agreed it would be an old debt....and he had another guy with him.

Wish I'd have taken HIS number down!!!...and lets hope he runs out of pictures to colour!!!