DMP & Northern Rock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi jga - I note what you say about Payplan.

I have a feeling, but could be wrong, that National Debtline (see message #22 above) work closely with them but don't let that put you off calling National Debtline because they have a very comprehensive and detailed range of fact sheets available by mail or to download. I found their adviser blunt and to the point when I called about bank charges "claim them back but open a parachute account first - a list of banks and the types of such account they offer will be in the post tonight". Their services are entirely free.

Personally I have used the CCCS (0800 138-1111) for about 15 months.

The first stage was a lengthy discussion with a counsellor in the North East somewhere. An appointment was made for a time for him to call me following which they set up a DMP for my debts. That's on a different number in Leeds and they can be difficult to get through to, but 8.00 a.m. usually doesn't present a problem.

The advisers are almost invariably friendly, non-judgemental, and quite knowledgeable. There have been very few problems in the time I have been with them and they do seem to keep the DCAs under control.

If I have any criticism at all it's that they tend to do everything 'by the book' and won't get involved in discussing the behaviour of DCAs by name on the, not unreasonable, grounds that "we have to work with them".

Being a charity, they make no charge whatsoever, unlike those gizmo refers to, and who deserve a wide berth.

I'll follow this thread if you give my scales a click (the grey blob between the green dot and the red triangle at the bottom left) as I, and I am sure many others, would welcome your opinion after checking both out.

Good luck.

Van

• Haha 1

Good morning jga.

Can only suggest two things (after you've checked again):

1) Use the expensive 'next day guaranteed delivery' service - at least you get your money back if undelivered.

b) Use Northern Rock plc, Northern Rock House, Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE3 4PL.

The latter is their registered office, shown at the foot of all their letters (except the last two telling me I was overdue).

Makes you wonder what 'selecta post' is.

Keep us posted.

Regards.

Van