Citi Cards are going to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a court date early September with Citi Cards. I won't say when as they monitor this site and I don't want to give them any more help against me.

I need to know details of any time they have lost or paid out before a hearing.

Can any one confirm they have lost in court, and if so can they send me details?

In their bundle they are stating that their actual cost of sending out a late charge "using OFT methodology" is £13.47!

Anyone have any idea as to the true cost to them?

Could you post details regarding the amount they are quoting. There wording etc. You can send them via Pm if you wish.

It was from a witness statement by Lee Ledwith, a senior accountant with Citi Card.

customers. Using that methodology, the Defendant's actual default fees per breach of contract were calculated as £27.42 although the Defendant only charged £25.

9. The OFT invited submissions from the eight leading credit card suppliers. Citi was not invited to participate. Citi does not agree with the OFT's conclusions on permitted costs of breach nor the inclusion of uncollected fees in the

denominator used to calculate the same and responded to the OFT as such. However, a commercial decision was taken to accept the £12 fee going forwards despite our calculations showing the true cost using the prescribed OFT methodology being £13.47.

10. This does represent a genuine pre-estimate of the Defendants losses per breach of contract by customers and is in-line with the factors and methodology which its regulatory body, the OFT, has stated to be fair and reasonable.

11. With due respect to the Claimant, he offers no alternative analysis of the

correct level of charges which the credit industry should charge. Without an alternative the Defendant believes the OFT, which has had the benefit of the confidential submissions of the credit card industry into their costs, is well placed to put a reasonable therefore genuine pre-estimate on their costs which it has done at £12.

12. The OFT report acknowledges that default fees are not, per se, unfair and allows that costs of up to £12 are recoverable to pay for such infrastructure.

13. The Defendant's own costs are higher but for the reasons already set out it has adopted the lower fee. The Defendant has at all times acted within the law and within the obligations imposed upon it by its regulator and continues to do so.

Exactly the same wording they used in their whitness statement to me, others they changed the figure to £12.88, if you PM either ENRON or GIZMO they have all the information you need, they are aware citi read all the postings on the citi site but they have other info which will help you, my own case with citi was stayed a couple of weeks ago for 4 months..Gc

Hi I have a court date early September with Citi Cards. I won't say when as they monitor this site and I don't want to give them any more help against me.

I need to know details of any time they have lost or paid out before a hearing.

Can any one confirm they have lost in court, and if so can they send me details?

In their bundle they are stating that their actual cost of sending out a late charge "using OFT methodology" is £13.47!

Anyone have any idea as to the true cost to them?

We don't kno the full cost - but it is nowhere near what they are quoting.

Can you let me have details of what is in their bundle, what you put in yours, if the card was an associates one and if it was passed to a debt collector. e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Will pass on my court stuff for you to read as well, including tips on compiling your bundle.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.