july15 v HSBC

july15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,well must say this site is brilliant.

Spent a good few weeks reading through this site,as children normally get to it before me, but today i have sent of my prelimary approach for payment to the HSBC for the charges they have deducted from my account for the last six years,the statements which i printed of myself.The total of which adds upto a grand total of£1573, so they should receive everything by friday at least. I await my reply. Keep up the good work,the banks have got away with daylight robbery for far too long.

goodluck ! dont be suprised if they dont bother replying to your first letter .. they didn't for me at least, just make sure you cover your back and keep delivery recipts for your letters :cool:

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

01/06/2011 - Barclay CC PPI claim initiated

13/09/2011 - Claim rejected :|

19/10/2015 - Claim restarted !!!!

you may actually be surprised, as lately those with similar size claims to yours have been geting 90% offers from just the first letter, fingers crossed

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

thank you ,just read a new post on HSBC credit cards, i used to have a gold credit card which i had numerous charges,late payments and over limit fees, even though i havent had it for about 2 yrs can i get that back? If so what would i have to ask for:confused:

you will probably receive a response to your first letter , but it may not be what you want, however some people with a similar claim to yours have recently been offered some money at the first letter stage, and 90% after the second letter was sent , so fingers crossed

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Good luck, keep us posted!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• 2 weeks later...

Well heard nothing from my first letter i sent,so today i have sent out my LBA as their 14 days were up, so we'll have to see what becomes of that.

I've got my small claims pack so some serious reading to do before the next deadline which will be 19th of july.

keep us posted , and dont worry , there is light at the end of the tunnel

if your case plays out as mine did, you may recieve a partial offer a few days before your deadline is up. i didnt accept, and had a full offer 2 days later ..

with any luck, you wont have to file with mcol .. goodluck !

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

01/06/2011 - Barclay CC PPI claim initiated

13/09/2011 - Claim rejected :|

19/10/2015 - Claim restarted !!!!

just to update you all, recieved a letter off HSBC today offering me £1400:D , the origianal amount was £1623, but i sent my LBA out on wednesday which they got thursday, so im in abit of a dilemma at the moment cos the £1400 would really help me at the mo,so wot do i do now advice needed:|

I would respond with the following:

Dear Mr Banker

Thank you for your offer of £xxx.xx as part settlement of my claim.

Your offer is not satisfactory, although I am prepared to accept this sum, unconditionally, in part-settlement of my FULL claim of £yyy.yy.

I shall continue to proceed with my action to recover the remainder of my claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

just another question,the offer of the money do i have to post it to the address in leeds or can i take it to my local branch,for them to credit it to my account?

I would send it to the person who made the offer.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No need to bother with Recorded Delivery - an ordinary First Class stamp will do.

Spend the difference on a bar of chocolate :-)