HELP! Angel26 v HSBC

Angel26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After following as much as I can on this site regarding overdraft interest & using the Advanced Spreadsheet, I still have a query!

My statements from HSBC say, for example, 'Interest to 5 Jun 2007' but the actual amount is not deducted until 07 July 2007. When using the spreadsheet, should I use the date that the interest is to ie 5 June 2007 in this case and also the account balance at 5 Jun 2007 or should I use the date & account balalnce that the actual interest was deducted (7 July)?!

Hope this makes sense and that someone can advise!

Angel26 :)

Thank you.

I think I'm managing to confuse myself over this issue- perhaps someone could clarify?

I have used the Advanced Template to detail all of the interest I have been charged over the last 6 years. Some of this, the bank is entitled to due to me using my agreed overdraft but where I have incurred excessive charges, the bank have obviously been deducted more interest than they are entitled to.

Therefore, how do I know which debit interests to request back from the bank?

Do I still detail/request all interest? Or do I only request back in the months where I have incurred excessive charges?! :confused:

Hi Angel. Start a new thread in the HSBC secion here. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

Just as you did here. People there will be more experienced with your bank.

Cant help you with the interest im afraid. I stuck to the 8% stat as i found it less confusing. Good luck

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I think I'm managing to confuse myself over this issue- perhaps someone could clarify?

I have used the Advanced Template to detail all of the interest I have been charged over the last 6 years. Some of this, the bank is entitled to due to me using my agreed overdraft but where I have incurred excessive charges, the bank have obviously been deducted more interest than they are entitled to.

Therefore, how do I know which debit interests to request back from the bank?

Do I still detail/request all interest? Or do I only request back in the months where I have incurred excessive charges?! :confused:

that's the beauty of the advanced s predsheet - by putting your charges on the left and your interest on the right - and the balance at the time of the interest debit - the s/s figures the proportion of the o/d interest which can be claimed back - some times it will be all of it, or some of it and if the balance at the time of the d ebit charge was in positive figures - it won't pick any of it up at all - so it will do a running total. at the bottom you'll have charges + overdraft interest = add them to get the amount you are reclaiming in letters 1 and 2 and do it once more on the 8% tab at the bottom and it will figure the statutory 8% which you will add on when you file your claim with the court.

i have some step by steps for this but i don't think you'll need them - you ask the right questions - but it's post 26 on this thread if you like:

honeygie v HSBC *****WON***** ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my prelim letter to HSBC with details of charges etc but following on from the recent news RE claiming back bank charges, I received a letter along he lines of:

'We acknowledge receipt of your complaint.... we do not agree that our charges are in any way unfair or unenforceable.... the bank has become involved in legal proceedings with the OFT in relation to bank chargeswhich we believe will resolve the legal issues regarding the fairness and legality of your bank charges....

until the determination of the legal issues in the above proceedings, we have asked the FSA to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints and the FSA has agreed to this request subject to conditions that protect your rights....

once the legal proceedings between the OFT and the banks finish, we will resolve your complaint as quickly as possible...'

I am led to believe that this case could tKE UNTIL next year to resolve..

PLEASE HELP - WHAT CAN I DO NEXT? Do I carry on with the LBA letter or am I not entitled to now?!

I appreciate any guidance on this,

Angel26

Hi Angel. I'm at the same stage. They have been taking my state benefits to pay their utterly outrageous "arrangement fees".

I am writing to say they will not be imposing any more such penalties until the fat lady sings. Will they?

Regards.

Vandermerwe

Hello, hello PD what's all this then?

Touch of ojo rojo?

Just as I was getting used to the stylish...er...salamander.

Van

(Sorry Angel - I've done the unforgivable and hijacked your thread. Read pink duchess -v- HSBC and understand a bit more about this site)