style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BerryN

It looks like the more you pay the more the bailiffs will charge you, and what I can see there is little prospect of you finally paying this debt off at all.

If all these parking tickets are all civil debts and not magistrates court fines then you can just tip them all into a bankruptcy. They’ll be written off and you may not need to pay anything at all.

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/ You can stop the payments and get a date listed for your hearing, collate all parking tickets and the Official Receiver will contact the bailiffs for you. You will need about £425 for this, and if your not working you may be exempt from court fees.

This process can take about 12 weeks so you might need a standard Protection from Harassment Act letter to send to each bailiff to kep them off your back until you meet with the official Receiver. Speak to the Insolvency Service on how to deal wth bailiffs pending a bankruptcy hearing.

Sending SAR everywhere might be good advice but it will cost you £10 a go & it wont reduce the debt. Why pay the bailiffs when you can just get everything written off?

You need to get the papers from the county court ASAP, the sooner to start the process the sooner the bailiffs are stopped.

I am suggesting she shouldn’t even bother with SARS.

There is little prospect of paying off these fees anyway so I would put them all into a bankruptcy to be written off. The councils and Equita will probably get nothing because the car in question has already been sold.

This way it doesn’t matter if the bailiffs have been overcharging you, the Official Receiver doesn’t need a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to get a breakdown of the bailiffs charges, they have a legal obligation to cooperate.

If the receiver then finds the bailiffs have been overcharging or gives different amounts owed than what they told you, then they will have an even bigger problem, the receiver can charge the bailiff with maladministration.

BerryN

Collate all documentation relating to every parking ticket and find some evidence that the bailiffs are adding more fees while you are paying the installments. You need to prove you cannot pay your debts.

If the bailiffs continue to threaten you then ask your doctor to diagnose depression, then go to the county court with evidence of a bankruptcy listing and the medical diagnosis and ask to go before the Judge, you might get to see one the same day if you can satisfy you have a urgent case. Then ask the JUdge for an Injunction against Equita, its agents and its directors, that’ll stop the bailiffs from making direct or indirect contact with you at least until the bankruptcy case is heard and the Receiver will then take over communication with your creditors.

If you think the bailiffs are likely to ignore that injunction then ask for a Power of Arrest to be attached. You can then dial 999 and the bailiff will be arrested for contempt of court and you can file a complaint of misfeasance before the bailiffs certificating Judge.

You may have to pay fees for the injunction and POA (unless you are receiving a prescribed benefit) so you should ask for an order of Costs to be served on Equiita.

For now you must get in touch with the Involvency Service.

I am being persued by an equite balliff for unpaid council tax. I had a letter this morning stating that they were in my area this week and would be coming to remove my gooods this week. So I phoned the call centre and finally got through ( after trying for nearly an hour ) only to be told that the baillifs are now dealing with my case and I was given his number, so I tried to contact him , got forwarded to voice mail box which is full and cannot recieve any more messages!!!!!. I really dont know what to do next. I am willing to pay the debt off but if I cant talk to the baillif then they will come round and take my things and I am really scared. Does anyone have any advice please I am at my witts end with worry.

I am trying to avoid bankrupcy as I am training to be an Accountant and can't do this if I am bankrupt as the regulatory bodies won't allow it..... any other suggestions???

Have you thought about entering into an IVA?. I wouldnt swear to it , but I think they dont affect anything like a professional qualification. Off topic I know ( sorry ) but if you do want to enter into an IVA can I suggest you give CCCS a ring they are brilliant.

Sent a letter to the Councils involved and CC'd to EQUITA. They have all arrived and been signed for (recorded delivery). The letter was:

Parking Charge Notices Numbers: ..........

Vehicle Registration: ..........

From your files you will see that the above PCN’s have been forwarded by Southampton City Council, to Equita Ltd to enforce.

The purpose of my writing to you is to request that you provide me with copies of all of the above parking charge notices.

The reason for this request, is that I am aware that all local authorities, including Southampton City Council, were advised by the Parking Adjudicator last year that in light of the Landmark ruling in the High Court case of Moses v Barnet, parking charge notices were found to be non-compliant. This was because they contained many discrepancies, not least, that they omitted the date of issue or date of contravention.

Having looked further into the matter of my own PCN’s, as all of these were issued over 3 years ago, I have reason to believe that all of them are non compliant and therefore non enforceable.

I am currently also making enquiries with the Traffic Enforcement Centre to find out the date when warrants of execution were authorised.

Due to the seriousness of the above, could you please contact your agents; Equita Ltd to request that this account be put on hold until such time as a full response has been forthcoming from your department.

I would be grateful if you could confirm safe receipt of this letter.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Faithfully.

I also followed TomTubbys advice and phoned the TEC to find out the dates the warrants were issued and they are all expired..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am trying to draft a letter to tell them this and to remove all my information from their system etc........ anyone help??????

Hi BerryN,

I would send the letter as it can't do any harm. As all the PCN's are deemed expired, I can't see why then can pursue you for them. I'm sure tomtubby will be around later (pm him and ask his advice), he seems to be an excellent advisor on these subjects.

Hope you get things sorted

SwissT

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Hiya, Just PM'd you.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful