Me Vs MBNA (a&l credit card)

sozzer1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I recently had a successful claim with my Alliance and Leicester current account and have now decided to reclaim the charges from my c/card.

I sent a&l c/card a letter requesting details of charges etc etc without enclosing the standard fee of 10.00 - just to see if they would send them for free! Well they sent me the details for nothing ("on this occasion we have not charged you for this information"!) and I have now responded requesting my charges back which total £647.00.

I should hear back in a week or so now so I am looking forward to the response. I will keep you updated.

From looking at the threads it does appear that they do tend to offer partial offers pretty quickly - is this the case or have I just not looked at enough of the threads????

I am really hoping that they wont make it difficult and will just offer me some of the money back! My main aim is to pay the balance of my credit card off so I would be happy to take a lower amount in order to do that but we will see!!!

I have never dealt with MBNA but looking at the threads they seem to be similar to most other credit cards. You shouldn't find it too difficult as the penalty charge issue (IMHO) is much clearer for creditcards than for current accounts.

Hello Weds,

I didnt include interest with my request. I have read about it but I felt a little unfamiliar so decided to just go ahead with charges.

Do you think that I should include interest? I have already sent my letter requesting the 647.00 back so guess I can go back now............

HI Sozzer............ Yes I really do... Send an amended letter enclosing the spreadsheet plus 24.9% it bumps it up beautifully and you are entitled to it.

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Hi standing - thanks for your advice and encouragement.

Can you tell me how I go about working out the 24.9% interest? When I did my bank charges I used a calculator on the moneysavingexpert website and put in each charge and the date of the charge, should I use this in this instance??

Advice appreciated!!

Hi everyone,

I have received a letter from a/l credit card this morning saying that they are looking into my complaint and will respond by the 5th September. Going by my 14 days I should receive an answer on the 27th August not the 5th September! Should I just wait for them to answer me according to their deadline or should I push for a faster result??

I've been counting down the days and checking the post everyday so I am a little disappointed that I will have to wait even longer!!!

I just want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sozzer,

Stick to your deadline, if the 14 days for you prelim runs out on the 27th then send the LBA. They do usually offer partial amounts along the way and they usually take it straight off the balance on the card.

Good luck and keep at them.

Penny.

Thanks for the advice Penny. I have typed up the LBA and will have it ready and waiting to post on the 27th!

I am absolutely determined to get this money back, they'll wish they had never accepted my custom when I'm finished with them!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter from Rachel Claridge at a&l credit card saying that the charges are fair, you signed the agreement blah blah blah! They have credited 245.00 of the 647.00 that I am claiming back onto my card account - which is handy because I have just had a baby 2 weeks ago and just want to get the debt paid off!

I sent them back a letter recorded delivery on Friday last week to say thanks for the goodwill payment but I want the rest or I will proceed to court etc etc.

I have given them 7 days to get back to me so I will see what happens - I really am hoping that they offer me some more as I am desperate to get rid of the balance on the card and maybe even have some left over to pay off some other debts.

Has anyone been in this situation or does anyone have any idea what their next move usually is????

I sound like a broken record here I now but...... send a CCA request to them, mostly they do not have them and it does seem to add weight to your claim.

And ditto to the above, they do seem to pay us off in dribs and drabs, presumably there are people out there that have not yet found this site that will accept the first offer, thinking that is all they will get. I do not actually know of anyone who has received their payments in one go, mine took 3!!!! Good luck, you are doing brilliantly... oh, big congatulations about the new arrival......how lovely

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?