Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just a quick one, I wrote to WF 2 months ago to tell them I wont be paying another penny for various reasons, BIG ppi problems, charges for fone calls Ive never received and other charges etc etc....my letter states I will not be paying another penny until my questions are answered and have also suggested that they terminate the loan with no further payments required....I've heard NOTHING since........is this the calm before the storm. My reason, I was made redundant some years ago and when I tried to activate the PPI they told me it wasnt valid, altough it should have been.

Any advice / comments ??

If it were me id be inclined to leave sleeping dogs lie so to speak but others may have different ideas

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it were me id be inclined to leave sleeping dogs lie so to speak but others may have different ideas

thank you

well I did phone them after a month and they said they had received the letter and it was being dealt with.....but still nothing, I feel i have a very strong case to cease payments, effectively they owe me a years worth of payments nr £300 per month and with interest from 4 years ago, if it were ever to go to court I feel I'd have a very strong case, would they prefer not to be in court and have to explain this???

thank you

well I did phone them after a month and they said they had received the letter and it was being dealt with.....but still nothing, I feel i have a very strong case to cease payments, effectively they owe me a years worth of payments nr £300 per month and with interest from 4 years ago, if it were ever to go to court I feel I'd have a very strong case, would they prefer not to be in court and have to explain this???

I cant imagine welcome wanting to be in court under any circumstances given their track record of shoddy agreements

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I cant imagine welcome wanting to be in court under any circumstances given their track record of shoddy agreements

ok, so sit back and wait for a response then rather than chase them for a response ? ?

I have a reply all ready for them. I am absolutely not worried by their next actions although my only slight concern is even if they never persue the matter i will never be able to have the debt removed from the credit reference agencies and will forever have a poor credit rating.

what if they sell the debt ? Do I lose any muscle with regard to my legitimate grievances ?

If you wake one morn without notice or seeing a court order and its gone I would be rubbing my hands together as they arent permitted to do it although depending on the company thats not to say they wont some companies have no idea :rolleyes:

The company is vw finance on behalf of Audi uk so i guess they need to do things by the book ?? :)

ok, so sit back and wait for a response then rather than chase them for a response ? ?

I have a reply all ready for them. I am absolutely not worried by their next actions although my only slight concern is even if they never persue the matter i will never be able to have the debt removed from the credit reference agencies and will forever have a poor credit rating.

what if they sell the debt ? Do I lose any muscle with regard to my legitimate grievances ?

You are more than within your right to chase them if thats what you want to do. Your credit rating cant be affected for more than 6yrs from the last date of payment as it would then become statute barred I believe so would be removed anyway. As for passing it over I would imagine as long as you can prove the disputed issues have been addressed by you it would be stalemate again I wouldnt know much about that though. I would also start your own thread as you will get more advice that way :)

You are more than within your right to chase them if thats what you want to do. Your credit rating cant be affected for more than 6yrs from the last date of payment as it would then become statute barred I believe so would be removed anyway. As for passing it over I would imagine as long as you can prove the disputed issues have been addressed by you it would be stalemate again I wouldnt know much about that though. I would also start your own thread as you will get more advice that way :)

Thank you, have started my own thread now.

I dont want to chase them to be honest, although the reply I want is that they are prepared to terminate the loan, effectively THEY owe me over £4k and my finances since then have been directly effected by their own mis-management. I have paid over £12000 since the start of the loan which was 16000 plus the mis-sold ppi taking it to 19000, althought mis-soldl, at the time, I should have been entitled to use it, so I think it very fair at this stage that I'm not necessarily asking for anything back, I'm suggesting the loan dies, no further payment, no more hassle.

has anyone else got any views on this that I'm treading on dodgy ground ??

My God, it's quiet on here....:eek:

Anyone would have thought Welcome had gone bust....:lol:

No chance guys, they will be around for years yet, that I can assure you....:roll:

I never trusted much that was said on here about them going out of business.

Well it's all going to start up again as I received a patronising phone call from a jumped up woman at the Feltham branch just now.

So everyone expect your phone to start ringing soon.

How dare she speak to me by saying that I must act in a mature and responsible manner.

She said that the monthly cheque that I just sent WF was not enough, so I said this amount was all agreed in writing with their LCU branch in Sutton last Autumn backed up by an Income & Expenditure Statement.

This LCU branch closed down earlier this year by the way and I had a letter saying my account is back to the original lending branch.

Also I have it in writing that all interest and charges are frozen ( as per my recent statement from them )

I then put the phone down and called Nottingham and spoke to a woman there who will be lodging my complaint with their Compliance Dept and they will get back to me within 48 hours.

I will also back up my complaint in writing.

So these people are still up to their old tricks and have low grade salestaff on commission trying to get money out of you by their usual bullying techniques.

Thus Welcome Finance have not changed one bit in how they operate.....:(

I loathe them with a vengeance but I know all the ways how to deal with them and if the branch calls again, then the phone goes down at once.

Voda

Hi Voda think everyone is getting over the easter parade!!

Welcome may be 'buying ' their time but rest assured they have nothing to gain by harassing people. Good for you in shoving the phone down, pity you couldn't shove it down their necks!!

Too may people have lodged complaints against these lowlives so I for one don't think they can get away wioth their tactics for too long.

I for one will not stop going after them (the boots on the other foot now)

I'm sure if you dig deep enough either in your PPi, CCa or anything to do with wf you will come up with something. X:roll:

She was patronising to say the least.

Hi Voda - it's been a long time!

As you know came to a settlement with WF last October - STILL WAITING FOR IT!

The finally wrote to me in Feb confirming the figures (they were wrong) but still this has never materialised.

They then defaulted my account with the wrong figures - not applied the refund they had agreed to.

I restarted payments direct to their bank account in March - I basically wrote to them and said this is what is outstanding on my agreement minus the refund this is what I will pay you any problems with this let me know.

Heard nothing at all after that until get a FINAL DEMAND from our good friends Lewis Group - for guess what? the full amount with no refund!

Funny Funny!!!

Contacted the lovely Lewis and to spelled it out to them invalid default etc - their first reply was thanks for your complaint but we are ignoring it kind of letter - I then managed to get a contact for a supervisor there and to give her credit she has promised to look into it and why they even have the account anyway.

So we shall see wonder if WF will reply to their own partners?

Hi All

Last year (with great help on here, especially postggj - how is he these days? And what's happening with Cattles/WF now?)we successfully had judgement from WF set aside. Cohens never showed up for anything and in the end, at the last minute sent a Notice of Discontinuance. We went to court anyhow as it was the next day after receiving the notice and there was no sign of WF/Cohens). We asked for costs but the judge said that he could not close the case if we were asking for them as the other party had to have opportunity to respond. Also we asked for all marks on our credit record by WF be removed but he said he did not have the power to do that.

Now we are still crippled by this credit record which is clean apart from WF (and a settled CCJ). Is there anything we can do about this?

Also Tony mentioned Bank Charge Recovery Ltd, this sounds like a good idea re PPI as we have two lots which were missold (one with WF) - but if they are unsuccessful, do we end up having to pay them?

Quick update. My account was finally passed to lewis group. Phoned them said I disputed figures as I cant understand how a figure to settle the loan early was always higher than the balance!

Anyway they offered a 50% discounted (£1250) if paid by the end of the month!!

Said I'd think about it. However I would like to get my terms and conditions right before concluding anything. That is clear credit record, make it is full and final settlement etc.

So things are happening behind the smokescreens. It looks like welcome will never change no matter what.

Hi All

Last year (with great help on here, especially postggj - how is he these days? And what's happening with Cattles/WF now?)we successfully had judgement from WF set aside. Cohens never showed up for anything and in the end, at the last minute sent a Notice of Discontinuance. We went to court anyhow as it was the next day after receiving the notice and there was no sign of WF/Cohens). We asked for costs but the judge said that he could not close the case if we were asking for them as the other party had to have opportunity to respond. Also we asked for all marks on our credit record by WF be removed but he said he did not have the power to do that.

Now we are still crippled by this credit record which is clean apart from WF (and a settled CCJ). Is there anything we can do about this?

Also Tony mentioned Bank Charge Recovery Ltd, this sounds like a good idea re PPI as we have two lots which were missold (one with WF) - but if they are unsuccessful, do we end up having to pay them?

Hi Prudence, sounds like a very familiar situation with an old debt effectively being left on your credit files that will cripple you for a number f years until it drops off. The thing to try here, given the strength of your situation, is to write to the DCA concerned (assuming they own the debt after an absolute assignment) and demand that all entries relating to this debt are removed from all CRA's immediately.

State that unless they can substanatiate this information with all appropriate paperwork (guessing they can't if they failed in court already) then you'll commence litigation against them for damages resulting from breach of the data protection act, unlawful rescission of contract and resultant injury to credit as they are both holding and maintaining information about you on those records that is innaccurate and damaging. Allow them 10 working days to respond in full with their decision and ensure you ask them to not just amend any info but to competely remove all entries relating to it. If you get stuck with this and struggle to word it all in a letter let me know and I'll post one I composed and used a while back to get a DCA to remove an old entry. They responded immediately (Cabot) and confirmed they would be removing all entries, apologising for the 'oversight' as well.

It can work but if they flatly refuse you may need to consider another LBA type letter to warn them and then possibly consider litigation if you feel strongly enough that the DCA should remove the info.

This is of course a big step to take and will be based on the individualities of your previous runnings with them as you'll know exactly what they failed to provide before meaning you'll be able to assess your chances of succeeding with this and more importantly perhaps the amount of resistance they might put up (will they fold or actually be willing to argue the case in court).

If they lost their case with you earlier then I suspect they'd be unwilling to go back and are more likely to fold before it goes to court, depsite initial actions they may make suggesting they will defend.

Not sure if this is good news or not but apparantley Welcome latest redundancies are to come from the compliance and risk departments.

Could be good as there are less staff to deal with the unflux of complaints etc etc, therefore more chance of breaches of simple things like FSA time limits could be bad for people in actually getting their complaints dealt with though!

Hi Being Conned,

I trust you are well.

Your title has always made me giggle .........:D

Welscum have conned us all and they have not changed one bit.

I have more news about these ^*@+"! and will tell more either later or tomorrow.

Take care

Voda

Hi Voda think everyone is getting over the easter parade!!

Welcome may be 'buying ' their time but rest assured they have nothing to gain by harassing people. Good for you in shoving the phone down, pity you couldn't shove it down their necks!!

Too may people have lodged complaints against these lowlives so I for one don't think they can get away wioth their tactics for too long.

I for one will not stop going after them (the boots on the other foot now)

I'm sure if you dig deep enough either in your PPi, CCa or anything to do with wf you will come up with something. X:roll:

She was patronising to say the least.

Edited by Voda

Hi Andie,

Good to hear from you....:)

I cannot believe this company.....:rolleyes:

They have to be the most amateurish and puerile organisation that I have ever come across.

I have had responsible and mature response from all my other creditors and yet this bunch of losers seem to think that they are something special and can ignore all normal business procedures, etiquette and financial rules.

Good words I feel and will go in my official complaint letter in response to the letter that I received from them after my phone call last week to Nottingham.....;)

This letter was from their Customer Complaints Department saying that I will be contacted within the next few days by their Complaint Handling Team.

And then today, I received a letter from the rude %^&*" of a woman that called me from Feltham last week stating:

Further to my recent letter sent to you on 27/8/2009 regarding your overdue payment ( hang on - recent !!!!! ), I am disappointed to see that I have not received a reply. Please telephone me TODAY to discuss this matter further.

Your account has been charged with the sum of £10.00 being the cost of sending this letter.

Yours sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxxxx

Firstly, this creature has never been in touch with me by letter ( and I would like to bet that she did not even work for WF back then ) and since July 2009, all my dealings with WF have been by letter and the odd phone call with the LCU Branch Manager in Sutton, Surrey and my correspondence with them is always by Recorded Delivery.

My dealings with Sutton were mostly satisfactory and more professional than my dealings have ever been with Feltham.

I knew that once the LCU Branch was closed earlier this year that all the old branch harassment and phone calls would begin again simply because the staff they employ are low grade commission based sales staff who do not have a clue what is right or wrong.

So nothing has changed with the Welscum people and never will, I'm afraid.

Actually I find them quite laughable and pathetic.

"Oh hang on, I must behave in a mature and responsible manner" .......:lol::lol::lol:

I will be in touch on here as soon as I hear more.

Take care and look forward to hear more about your continuing saga !!

Nitey nite

Voda

PS. Obviously I have all copies of my letters and WF's letters to me so when the Complaints Handling Team call me, I will ask them if they ever keep correspondence and if they do, why don't they read them before calling or writing to customers.

Hi Voda - it's been a long time!

As you know came to a settlement with WF last October - STILL WAITING FOR IT!

The finally wrote to me in Feb confirming the figures (they were wrong) but still this has never materialised.

They then defaulted my account with the wrong figures - not applied the refund they had agreed to.

I restarted payments direct to their bank account in March - I basically wrote to them and said this is what is outstanding on my agreement minus the refund this is what I will pay you any problems with this let me know.

Heard nothing at all after that until get a FINAL DEMAND from our good friends Lewis Group - for guess what? the full amount with no refund!

Funny Funny!!!

Contacted the lovely Lewis and to spelled it out to them invalid default etc - their first reply was thanks for your complaint but we are ignoring it kind of letter - I then managed to get a contact for a supervisor there and to give her credit she has promised to look into it and why they even have the account anyway.

So we shall see wonder if WF will reply to their own partners?

Edited by Voda
PS

Hi Being Conned,

I trust you are well.

Your title has always made me giggle .........:D

Welscum have conned us all and they have not changed one bit.

I have more news about these ^*@+"! and will tell more either later or tomorrow.

Take care

Voda

Hi Voda

Glad to know you are ok, keep up the laughter as the joke will be on wf in the end I'm sure:oops:.

Wasn't happy with FOS adjudicator letters, maybe the person who was dealing with my case was in love with one of wf sewer rats as were very FOR wf and I was 100% in the wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have taken to solicitors and have asked for a 'proper' Onbudsman to look at my case now. Even the solicitor doesn't understand the logic of the adjudicator and that they couldn't see the mistakes or the signature mismatches.

I should change from 'being conned' to' been conned'. but no more.

Don't bother to ring them, change your land line number if need be and go x direct I did, know it's a pain to inform all but stops the **** and cold callers and it doesn't cost anything.

Good luck, tell me more tomorrow. x

hi

Really need help, received letter from Welcome /finance "without prejudice" in order to protect our interests your hire purchase account has now been terminated, and full balance is now payable!!!

I have rang Welcome this afternoon to be told that they have applied for a court order for repossession, I advised that we have only 7 months left on agreement out of a 4 year hire purchase loan, WF advised that we have arrears of £609, December 2008 we made an agreement to pay an extra £20 per month and this would cover arrears, now they want all the payments and will not let me pay extra each month!! I was told by call taker that welcome had gone bust and were winding down over next 2 years, so i said basically this is the company making sure they get their money and he agreed. I was also told that i have no right to appeal with court even though i have paid £340 per month for over 3 years, IS THIS RIGHT??? ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS???

Hi, I have answered on your other thread. Please stick to one thread as it can be confusing.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hiya,

I have no trust whatsoever in the FOS.

All these people are in it together.

"Jobs for the Boys" as my late father used to say.

In fact I have no trust in Banks, Politicians and many other organisations.

I was telling a good friend of mine about the nasty & patronising $%£"* who called me from the branch and said that my agreed monthly payment was not enough. My friend said that I should have said " In that case return my Building Society Account cheque "..........:lol:

Next month I will deduct the £10.00 that they charged me for their pathetic letter when I send my payment.

With the ever increasing cost of living, I will soon be sending them a revised Income & Expenditue statement and will offer them an even smaller amount each month.

Time for a " Cuppa Tea " I feel.

Have a nice day.

Voda

xx

Hi Voda

Glad to know you are ok, keep up the laughter as the joke will be on wf in the end I'm sure:oops:.

Wasn't happy with FOS adjudicator letters, maybe the person who was dealing with my case was in love with one of wf sewer rats as were very FOR wf and I was 100% in the wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have taken to solicitors and have asked for a 'proper' Onbudsman to look at my case now. Even the solicitor doesn't understand the logic of the adjudicator and that they couldn't see the mistakes or the signature mismatches.

I should change from 'being conned' to' been conned'. but no more.

Don't bother to ring them, change your land line number if need be and go x direct I did, know it's a pain to inform all but stops the **** and cold callers and it doesn't cost anything.

Good luck, tell me more tomorrow. x

Hiya,

I have no trust whatsoever in the FOS.

All these people are in it together.

"Jobs for the Boys" as my late father used to say.

In fact I have no trust in Banks, Politicians and many other organisations.

I was telling a good friend of mine about the nasty & patronising $%£"* who called me from the branch and said that my agreed monthly payment was not enough. My friend said that I should have said " In that case return my Building Society Account cheque "..........:lol:

Next month I will deduct the £10.00 that they charged me for their pathetic letter when I send my payment.

With the ever increasing cost of living, I will soon be sending them a revised Income & Expenditue statement and will offer them an even smaller amount each month.

Time for a " Cuppa Tea " I feel.

Have a nice day.

Voda

xx

hi Voda, Ever thought of getting '14258' call barring off bt? I've got that and it works a treat.

wf are a pain the *****, obviously they are chasing you because you pay up. It' seems to be the way people who pay get persecuted all the way.

Tell the basket to put it in writing, they won't be happy with that as they won't get their backhanders.

Just to let you all know that Welcome isn't being wound up, they are just streamlining the business and whilst they aren't lending atm it's just a glitch until the market picks itself up.

Well this was the convesation I just had with them after they were trying to offer me the opportunity to take a bank loan to pay them off at a reduced rate. 7k reduced to 5k, not enough of a reduction I didn't think so politeley declined the offer.

Just to let you all know that Welcome isn't being wound up, they are just streamlining the business and whilst they aren't lending atm it's just a glitch until the market picks itself up.

Well this was the convesation I just had with them after they were trying to offer me the opportunity to take a bank loan to pay them off at a reduced rate. 7k reduced to 5k, not enough of a reduction I didn't think so politeley declined the offer.

Wishful thinking wf.

KittieJ, the person giving you this information was either lying to you or too stupid to know what is happening, Welcome are screwed, they owe the banks £2.7 Billion and have only £2 Billion worth of loans on the books, even if they collected every penny that they had outstanding, there would still be a massive shortfall.

Sounds to me that its a line they have been told to say to encourage people to pay as they want to give the impression that they are going nowhere, in reality they are up the creek, without a paddle, with a leaking canoe and heading for niagra falls!;)

hi there

I was told by WF that they are winding down over 2 years and then ceasing business and trying to get as much money as possible, to be honest they are cowboys and will say anything, can't believe anything they say!!!

:lol: thats so funny how can they pull that line its pretty obvious sooner or later they going to sink as they dont have enough to keep them afloat!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks