Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

Might be worth sending a CCA request letter if only to cause them more worry.

If they can't find the original copy of the agreement, what happens then?

Nite

Voda

Voda, you are correct. If you are happy with your contract being OK then a CCA serves no real purpose other than to verify that Welcome also have a copy of it.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi can someone please help me I bought a car from welcome finance 2 years ago for £9000 on a 4 year agreement the car i bought was written off last week and ive just got a settlement figure of over £7000???? My account isnt in arrears although it had been for a short while a few months ago.The problem is made worse as i have been offered only £3000 from tesco insurance a whopping £4000 short what can i do the accident wasnt even my fault as the car was parked while I was at work someone smashed into it and I feel really hard done by please please if anyone has some advice id be so grateful. Thanks James

Hi can someone please help me I bought a car from welcome finance 2 years ago for £9000 on a 4 year agreement the car i bought was written off last week and ive just got a settlement figure of over £7000???? My account isnt in arrears although it had been for a short while a few months ago.The problem is made worse as i have been offered only £3000 from tesco insurance a whopping £4000 short what can i do the accident wasnt even my fault as the car was parked while I was at work someone smashed into it and I feel really hard done by please please if anyone has some advice id be so grateful. Thanks James

Hi James, welcome to CAG :)

Any chance you have the settlement statement from them and can you post it on here (minus any personal details) for us to see?

What were your monthly payments to this mob?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

The settlement figure just seems so high....their statement should tell us more. The one they sent me was either a joke or they used a bingo machine to 'calculate' the figures lol.

Have you asked them for a copy of your agreement to see what figures are on it?

Did you have any insurances?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I didnt take out any inurances with them as it seemed so expensive without them on my original agreement it says after 2 years settlement should be £5000 but they're saying because i was in arrears in the past that doesnt count?

Any arrears will affect the settlement figure, but not by that much! I would expect a figure of about 4 or 5K...not 7!

Can you post the agreement up also? Lets see exactly where you stand - minus all personal details ;)

Dipply75

Thanks Dip, They made me take Breakdown and shortfall extra. I refused to take ppi ( to much £) but my payments are very high , maybe ive also been missold ppi against will and knowledge. I s there any way they could build ppi into monthly amount without my consent... how do I check this? I do have an insurance policy book. Thanks

Hi sorry, have you requested a copy of your agreement from them?

The insurance booklet, is that for the breakdown and shortfall etc?

Dipply75

Oh Gee,

Another sad story about Welscum !!

Hope you get it sorted out.

Voda

Hi sorry, have you requested a copy of your agreement from them?

The insurance booklet, is that for the breakdown and shortfall etc?

Oh Gee,

Voda

I know Voda, the misery will be about long after they will.

Dipply75

Oh Gee,

Voda

It seems to me Welscum are upping their game a little bit, they know the sands of time are running out and they seem to be getting ever more desperate !!!

the only problem with them being desperate is that they will try to take it out on the vulnerable and not all of them are lucky enough to have found this forum for advice:(

the OFT have adebt collecting guidelines which might be of interest to anyone who is being chased by them, especially when they are advised to borrow money from someone or are failing to use the method of contact reasonably requested. the link is here...its a fun read...how many mistakes have welcome made???!!!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Edited by The wife

I have sent requests . just waiting to see what they do. Yes the book is for breakdown and shortfall . I only noticed that I even have it a few days ago as I have been diggin through everything looking for original contract!

I have copies of cac and sarn I just hope they respond! I'd be geatful for some guidance from those pro's whos posts ive been reading on this site. You may be my last hope as I am being taken under by these crooks.

Dodge, start your own specific thread and post a link to it here. This thread is HUGE and can move very very fast at times....your info will get lost soon.

Start a thread and give us a nod and we can help.....they won't win, not with all us behind you :D

Dipply75

Will try and post agreement and settlement on monday/tuesday on work computer as i cant find cable for my scanner. My partner spoke to welcome about the settlement yesterday and she says they have included around £1000 of arrears + interest?? what they're talking about i dont know but im sooo annoyed i cant believe it?

Dodge, start your own specific thread and post a link to it here. This thread is HUGE and can move very very fast at times....your info will get lost soon.

Start a thread and give us a nod and we can help.....they won't win, not with all us behind you :D

Thanks I will do. Graeteful for your support.

F.A.O. Andie

Am off on me hols tomorrow and not back till the day of your court case. So hope to come back to some good news.

Hope everything goes well... If you win we may be able to hook you up for a jezza kyle 1 hour special.... but you must promise to untie him when u finished :grin:

Afternoon all,

Have updated my Welcome thread with some info I received in my SAR response.

Any comments?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/187541-welcome-finance-response-cca-2.html

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks