Please help - list of common failures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We all know that all companies cock up - some more than most.

I am trying to collate the most common cockups.

Please add to this sticky, preferably in a one line statement, the cockups that you have experienced over the years.

e.g.

DVLA ignored SORN declaration and I was fined.

Company XXX refused to refund me when good were faulty from outset.

etc....

All will become apparent soon....

Thank you.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 4 months later...

Company Kent Car Finance refused to refund me when goods faulty from the onset.

Shorncliffe Auto's 'repaired' the vehicle, claiming there was nothing I could do, ignoring oil leak and previous unspecified collisiltion.

Had cavalier set on light and crime ignored as the vehicle was not insured, due to sale.

Had Nova's rear screen smashed and was sent a victim support leaflet for counselling.

• 2 months later...

DLC sent a letter stating car finance was repossession by mistake and are now "urgently recalling the letter dated xx/xx/xx due to an admin error"

by the way I said no

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

• 1 month later...

Car Craft set up finance on wrong bank accuont set it up on my identification account not the one I wanted the fund to come out of! Got over £300 of charges from finance company and £500 on bank charges!!

Car Craft AGAIN told me warrenty was fully comprehensive (just forgot to say it was only up to £300 and not on wear and tear or a car of age) THIS WILL NOT BE FULLY COMPREHENSIVE THEN!!!!

Car Craft put a car up for sale on website when they didnt't stock the car and promise you the one there showing you is the same one even though its a higher price!!

Just yesterday!! my car failed its MOT, Kwik Fit said Catalytic Con was gone, for price of £249.99. Got second opinion from another garage only thing that was wrong was "Lamda Sensor" for about £40. Come on Kwik Fit!!

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Son purchased contract mobile phone and returned it within the 14 day 'cooling off' period. He was told that he could not as phone was without box. He was then advised that he could return it by paying a £ 5.00 charge. Tried to return phone again and was advised that he had damaged it. Then sent undamaged phone to headquarters requesting cancellation of contract. This was being considered. Today, the phone was returned claiming that it has been sent outside the permitted period.

The phone was sent recorded delivery within the correct period, however did not sign for the receipt of the phone.

Regards

• 4 months later...

Finance company financed wrong vehicle.

Got2 of the numbers the wrong way in reg and financed a different car. It was only 3 years later when they turned up on the doorstep and asked why we were trying to have car written off when it looks ok.

• 8 months later...