Letter 3 - ignored/no response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stonedecroze and Tilly have really been doing an excellent job in helping you and in the quality of advice given.

Keep focussed and good luck!:D

Thanks Kenny, thblushing.gif

`NUFF SAID.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorree, but I have just rechecked and that is the number on their letter to me ! I will try it on monday and see how I get on and let you know. m8ztelephone.gif

I know that large organisations do get it wrong cos it has taken me three years to the the NHS Pensions unit to put their number on their letters and not mine

:p no worries, that number doesnt ring to anywhere, just goes dead when rang. cheers for the pointer though of who to call.

Chhers but any chance of a real number instead of just random ones?

the number doesnt work and now ive wasted 40 mins going to the phone box with a number that doesnt work.

its not the first so please please please, make sure that f you leave any info that it is correct and working!!!!!!!!!!

thanks.

/gets back bangin head on wall.

simple really, heres the number from the website, 01625 54 57 45

good try though, you was close.

i know you guys are trying to help me when im the one lacking in the knowledge but you aint half making it hardwork for me with links that DONT work and wrong numbers.

if this is happening to others then no wonder people are a little frantic, fortunately i think i may have sorted it. please please double check info before putting it on a thread. it aint helping if its wrong is it?

on that note, many thanks for info that has helped me.

Is there any need for this?!

All you have done throughout your time here is upset and critise people - quite frankly I don't understand why people bother - if you dared speak to me like this, I would have you reported to the Moderators.

I shall see to it that you are blocked from my account.

Have a good day.

Is there any need for this?!

All you have done throughout your time here is upset and critise people - quite frankly I don't understand why people bother - if you dared speak to me like this, I would have you reported to the Moderators.

I shall see to it that you are blocked from my account.

Have a good day.

eh?!

criticise?! all i did was point that either information given to me is wrong or that i have no idea of what is being said or that links provided have no meaning to me without an explanation. im trying to keep to a deadline with my claim and on weds/thurs things got a bit tense for me with me wanting to submit court claim.

so your kind of saying that if information is given to me that is wrong then i should say nothing and carry on?!

ive pointed out the correct number after id made a 40min journey(of course i was annoyed), maybe it was my mistake for not checking to see if the number supplied was correct.

if i gave you a map of directions from bedford to luton via inverness youd have an idea maybe.

ive not abused anyone here, if to criticise is to point out peoples mistakes then im sorry.

i cant express how much i do appreciate the help you guys give me, but that said that is all i want from you 'a little help'.

maybe it best i dont post on here anymore.

thanks for your time/help anyway.

eh?!

criticise?! all i did was point that either information given to me is wrong or that i have no idea of what is being said or that links provided have no meaning to me without an explanation. im trying to keep to a deadline with my claim and on weds/thurs things got a bit tense for me with me wanting to submit court claim.

so your kind of saying that if information is given to me that is wrong then i should say nothing and carry on?!

ive pointed out the correct number after id made a 40min journey(of course i was annoyed), maybe it was my mistake for not checking to see if the number supplied was correct.

if i gave you a map of directions from bedford to luton via inverness youd have an idea maybe.

ive not abused anyone here, if to criticise is to point out peoples mistakes then im sorry.

i cant express how much i do appreciate the help you guys give me, but that said that is all i want from you 'a little help'.

maybe it best i dont post on here anymore.

thanks for your time/help anyway.

You don`t have to do that Foo. Just a small misunderstandin` Yeah I get p*ssed off sometimes and mistakes do happen. None of us are experts just tryin to do the best we can.

and again `NUFF SAID. AS FAR AS i`M CONCERNED SUBJECT IS CLOSED. cerveja.gif Cheers

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Hello again Foo

No one here is suggesting that you don't post. Please continue to do so. There is plenty of help here for you. Rest assured, it is always, always, with the best of intentions.

Sometimes, when communicating on the web, the wrong message can be sent or received. We need to be mindful of that. There have however, been a couple of issues.

Lets move on and get you your claims back. Honestly, this forum has such a wealth of talent, full of nice helpful folk. Its a great community, working in a harsh environment, with, a common bond ie fighting the banks, given what they have done to us.

kennythecelt

OK, i apologise if i did misconstrued anything said and also if i offended anyone. ill try and be more selective with my wording maybe, like said net chat cannot always be expressed in the manner its meant.

lets start afresh then.

earlier today i received the reply from the bank post dated for the 1/8 (deadline date) but post stamped for 3/8.

there reply says basically that 'the case being taken by the OFT is in hand and that all claims are suspended from the normal timetable of dealing with this situation' until the case is settled. they also say that if i execute a court claim they ask for a stay.(as expected) and they also continue to say that they will KEEP ME INFORMED of the situation.

After speaking with Financial Ombudsman yesterday afternoon i received today from them the complaint form reguarding their failure to supply me with T&C's as requested under protocol etc.

i will be filling in the complaint form over the weekend and then posting it monday morning.

Just re- checked phone number again and THEY have transposed last 2 digits in area code 01652 and should 01625. now sorted. I would have had same cr*p as you on Monday. Rant-Off.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

OK, i apologise if i did misconstrued anything said and also if i offended anyone. ill try and be more selective with my wording maybe, like said net chat cannot always be expressed in the manner its meant.

lets start afresh then.

earlier today i received the reply from the bank post dated for the 1/8 (deadline date) but post stamped for 3/8.

there reply says basically that 'the case being taken by the OFT is in hand and that all claims are suspended from the normal timetable of dealing with this situation' until the case is settled. they also say that if i execute a court claim they ask for a stay.(as expected) and they also continue to say that they will KEEP ME INFORMED of the situation.

After speaking with Financial Ombudsman yesterday afternoon i received today from them the complaint form reguarding their failure to supply me with T&C's as requested under protocol etc.

i will be filling in the complaint form over the weekend and then posting it monday morning.

You can also Email I did, gets quicker response.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hi Foo

Keep going towards the court, keep to your timescale.

Discussions are taking place on the general forum and elsewhere on how to handle the issue of stays, if judge agree when asked by banks.

The banks now have a duty to keep you informed and updated, part of the waiver conditions.

The OFT can still handle non compliance on details missing from your banking history and this should be used in court. The fact is, if they had given you the info, you would have had your money by now. Another possibility is the Information Commissioners Office. See Dusarys thread which has a lot of good info on this.

Keep going and good luck!!

Kennythecelt

cheers mate.

also, all the charges were made whilst i was on benefits, anything else i should put in the bundle of papers to go with that and support it you think?

No probs Foo.

I will have a search and post what I find, but it will be tomorrow though.

If you ever need info on a subject, go to the toolbar at the top of this page and use the search icon. Put in the word and away you go. Its not perfect, takes a bit of time, but its pretty good.

:)

Can they legaly take charges from Benefits?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Can they legaly take charges from Benefits?

Legally no, as it is the states money but they do. There is a method called appropriation which is something you can use if you are on benefits and they are taking charges off you presently.

I'll also post a link for that tomorrow.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Legally no, as it is the states money but they do. There is a method called appropriation which is something you can use if you are on benefits and they are taking charges off you presently.

I'll also post a link for that tomorrow.

Just been reading up on that Kenny. I`m learning so much!!!

just wish that I had had a resource like this site 15/20 years ago in a different life when I was involved in helping people in different difficult circumstances, but facing the same stress and cr*p from the big boys,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Is there a box or something where I can store all these useful links? memory is not what it used to be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hi Foo

Did youu know that you can also ask the benefits office to intervene with the bank taking your money.

I think they write to them on your behalf , but to be honest Im not sure but might be worth a go.

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

sorry Foo, not trying to highjack your thread par-ty.gif will quietly sneak back to where I belong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

great stuff there.

they are not charging me for anything at the moment as i usaully keep my account in order, 7 mess ups in 6 years aint bad i dont think but it still cost a good cpl of hundred which is a fair wack per charge when on only £60-£100 a week income!!

i know what i would do if was the judge in this circumstance but i aint so ill have to wait :D

if they apply for a stay and i can give my reasons for wanting the stay rejected this is the reason im going to use if i can.

cheers again guys.

Hi, Foo drink.gif you been quiet for a coupla days, Is all going well with you?casse-mur-briques.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

yes mate all is good.

was my Bday over the weekend so went out and got upto no good, am still in recovery mode. :eek:

also popped onto insurance section due to a bad crash i had 2 and half years ago and its still being processed!!!

As for halifax im waiting for there reply to court action aswell as my complaint from Financial ombudsman. have 14 days on both (17/8 deadline). Will certainly report as soon as i hear something. In the meantime ill keep reading up on the links given and try to map it all out and understand it.

Will visit social tomorrow and ask if they will intervene with a letter from themselves and maybe force the issue a bit more, will also ask for print-off from them to confirm i was on benefits at the time of charges.

----------

p.s. Got a freebie off Tesco express saturday night. was out for my Bday heading up north for a night out. put £12 petrol in and bought a cpl of sandwiches on offer at 40p each and some crisp. total was £13.54, so gave the cashier 2 x £10 notes. Cashier gave me a £10 and a £5 and some change with the receipt. so i got out of the shop as quick as i could and left their property. On inspecting the receipt the cashier had rang in a £10 and a £20 note giving me £16.46 change.

:roll::roll::D:D

oh how i laughed up the motorway. Cheered me right up. :)