• Tweets

• old and new threads merged i though you were going to send the SB letter in 2017? dx  
    • dunno you've not scanned up what you've had before how can we tell?  
    • Today , after a lot of years i received a letter from this lot. Very friendly, "Were writing to remind you that we haven't had any contact from you in a while".  The velvet fist, followed by  a veiled threat to get their preferred debt collectors involved. Yep dead right. In 1992/3 I took out a Student load under duress from DHSS. up to 2000 I had successfully gotten deferment on low income. But rather than sign on as unemployed ,I decided to be self employed. I applied and they asked for all sorts of documents. I obliged and then correspondence ceased from them, circa 2001. To date I have had no correspondence from Student Loans. I was made redundant in 2009 and reached 65 in 2012 , at which age the loan should have been cancelled. Now , today, 12 years on retirement and 11 ( at least years after last contact) I get a letter with veiled threats. Do I , as I smell a scam a) ignore it and hope that Erudio will think that this phishing attempt has failed or b) respond with a statute barred letter or c) remind them of legal terms that loan should be cancelled 12 years ago or d) combination of b) +c)      
    • But I'm not mixing and matching. Sure, when researching I do check multiple avenues, but when speaking, I will open a single post. The Fb post was made in March, it is now June, time has passed, and when the suggestion was made, no further information was given on how I should progress beyond "send a letter", which has meant that I've needed to start another stream - this one, but only after taking the time to research first.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Letter 3 - ignored/no response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

apologies for a being a blonde lol

if you have not recieved a reply you now to start filing your n1 or mcol

N1 Claims form in .PDF format with form filling

Moneyclaim - start your County Court claim online

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....t.html?garpg=9

you might already have these links but i put them here just in case

the form for exemption is the ex 160 you need a recent copy of a letter of the beniefit your on

you can save the mcol online but the n1 will not save you have to fill it out and print it of hope this helps

thanks, its been pointed out.

please please please change your font. :lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tilly

How you doin today.

No one pickin on you today then LOL:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

:-):-) Thank you my friend.

as i thought: court claim,schedule & 8%.

about the interest, do i add 8% on the total charges? or is it a % per year????

just want to make sure it is correct figures when applying.

thank you.

??

if you use one of these spreadsheets it caculates it all for you

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER OF "CONSUMER ACTI...

Interest calculation spreadsheets

ive only got about 7 charges. do i take the % from the day the charge was taken? the day i started my claim?

if i dont know which it is then how would i know if the figure is correct?

i got a good head on me when it comes to figures but im not so buff with XL. so im happy to calculate it myself.

just dont know when i should apply the interest to my charges whether from charge date,claim date etc and then at what rate? 8% daily from charge, 8% for total charges from date of claim?

You could use the interest calculater...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Please can you keep to one thread as it is harder to help you when you have serveral on the go.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

cheers thats ideal really but it only goes upto 2006.

is there one that hit 2007 at all or is there a reason why its not dated upto 2007?

thanks.

HI Foo

Dont you think it might be better for you to use one of the spreadsheets even if you say you havent got many charges. They do everything for you ,give you the daily charge as well.

There are notes explaining what to do as well.

One thing has me puzzled though, Have you not sent in a schedule of charges yet. Your meant to send it in with your Prelim to let the Bank know exactly what it is your claiming and show how you arrived at the said figure.

You know there are an awful lot of threads on here that will explain just what to do step by step. I know its a bit of a pain having to look through them but it makes for some very interesting reading and you'll be suprised at the amount of stuff you learn.

One other thing as well ,I couldnt help notice that youve quoted a message that I sent to Tilly in an earlier post,

Tilly Posted a message to me lastnight to say she was being picked on , didnt read it till today, hence the message.

Now I hope you didnt take it the wrong way, thinking it was aimed at you for mentioning Tillys Pink txt.

I would never disrespect anybody on this site as there are too many fantastic people here who have helped me with my claim and given me really good ,sound advice . Especially Tilly, a wise old bird, knows just what shes talkin about,

She may write in Pink but if you listen to her words of wisdom you wont go wrong. :-)

My appologies if you did take that remark out of context , it wasnt meant to take a pop really,

Good Luck with your claim

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

You do need to make a spread sheet as advised in the above thread.

Use this link and use the simple one.

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBERS

The links Tilly gave you were the ones you need. The are quite easy to do, and if you get stuck, some one will help you.

If you are claiming at court, you will need them.

I think you should have a read of this, it will help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Everything you need to carry on with your claim is on this thread.

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

went to my bank to day to find out when i oened my account, knowing it was around when i was 15 as thats when i left school and started work which should of been around 1987/88ish. on the system today it said account was opened in 1991! the cashier said this would of been done due to your age probably and just upgraded from a cardcash account to a current account automatically. i asked if they could supply me with a copy of my signed contract from that date or from the actual date i originally signed up for them, they said they wouldnt be able to supply me with that as they only keep data for 6 years.

i wanted it for 2 reasons.

1. for the court claim form to enter when my account was opened.

2. if it did go to court, hopefully i could prove i was a minor when i originally opened and signed upto the account.

as for the N1 form what date should enter into it? my original date(or thereabouts) or the date they have on the system?

either way they say they have no record of my contract.

any ideas?

thanks.

HI Foo

Dont you think it might be better for you to use one of the spreadsheets even if you say you havent got many charges. They do everything for you ,give you the daily charge as well.

There are notes explaining what to do as well.

One thing has me puzzled though, Have you not sent in a schedule of charges yet. Your meant to send it in with your Prelim to let the Bank know exactly what it is your claiming and show how you arrived at the said figure.

You know there are an awful lot of threads on here that will explain just what to do step by step. I know its a bit of a pain having to look through them but it makes for some very interesting reading and you'll be suprised at the amount of stuff you learn.

One other thing as well ,I couldnt help notice that youve quoted a message that I sent to Tilly in an earlier post,

Tilly Posted a message to me lastnight to say she was being picked on , didnt read it till today, hence the message.

Now I hope you didnt take it the wrong way, thinking it was aimed at you for mentioning Tillys Pink txt.

I would never disrespect anybody on this site as there are too many fantastic people here who have helped me with my claim and given me really good ,sound advice . Especially Tilly, a wise old bird, knows just what shes talkin about,

She may write in Pink but if you listen to her words of wisdom you wont go wrong. :-)

My appologies if you did take that remark out of context , it wasnt meant to take a pop really,

Good Luck with your claim

could use spreadsheets but just as easy to work it out with calc rather than trying to work out spreadsheets with instructions etc. each to their own. ive done that now so all is a cool.

sent my schedule with the prelim and the LBA letter. :-) includinding charge made and when and now done a new one with interest added.Spent many a time reading threads,stickys,template,library eyc etc. you having done it already i must seem confident in what your doing, myself having never done just requires a little confidence back aswell as a little guidance, which you have done. many thanks.

As far as tilly is concerned, well, i came just asking for a little help and no disrespect meant at all, but providing outside links with little or no info about them isnt really helping me, its just adding to pressure and mental information levels. I fealt as though tilly is trying hard to help but instead of giving me an answer it ends up being a link or that she has misread my post. I didnt say any of this as i didnt want to hurt anyones feelings but as you bought it up that she was being picked on then i really got no idea what she is on about unfortunately.

to be fair, the PINK text and at the size font it is, doesnt make eye friendly reading, more as a joke i said 'please sort your pink font out' or similar. that about sums it up really.

i really do appreciate you guys helping and including tilly.

if anyone wants to quote me for anything that may of upset tilly then please do.

thanks.

You do need to make a spread sheet as advised in the above thread.

Use this link and use the simple one.

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBERS

The links Tilly gave you were the ones you need. The are quite easy to do, and if you get stuck, some one will help you.

If you are claiming at court, you will need them.

I think you should have a read of this, it will help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Everything you need to carry on with your claim is on this thread.

i have no idea what im choosing or selecting, remember i have never ever done this before.

anybody care to translate?

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER

I am a fan of Google spreadsheets and am providing some copies of what is

here in Google format for those of you who do not have Excel or Works or just prefer to use Google.

I also include spreadsheets for calculating compounded interest but am not personally convinced of the legal arguements, so please don't ask me any questions on this area.

Please read my guides and ask any further questions on the CAG forum.

PLEASE ALERT ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK ANY FORMULAE OR SPREADSHEETS ARE INCORRECT OR CORRUPTED

Please state the number of the spreadsheet you are using if you have any questions.

BANK PENALTY CHARGES CLAIM CALCULATIONS

ENGLAND AND WALES

SIMPLE VERSION - choose to claim all or no bank interest

1 Throughout claim with contractual interest HERE

OR

2 Throughout claim with compounded contractual interest HERE

OR

3a Before court without interest HERE

3b From claim date with statutory interest HERE

ADVANCED VERSION - estimate bank interest charged on penalties

4 Throughout claim with contractual interest HERE

OR

5 Throughout claim with compounded contractual interest HERE

OR

6a Before court without interest HERE

6b From claim date with statutory interest HERE

SCOTLAND

7 Without compounded interest HERE

OR

8 With compounded interest HERE

9 Without compounded interest HERE

OR

10 With compounded interest HERE

CREDIT CARD CHARGES CLAIM CALCULATIONS

ENGLAND AND WALES

12 Throughout claim with contractual interest HERE

OR

13 Throughout claim with compounded contractual interest HERE

OR

14a Before court without interest HERE

14b From claim date with statutory interest HERE

15 Throughout claim with contractual interest HERE

OR

16 Throughout claim with compounded contractual interest HERE

OR

17a Before court without interest HERE

17b From claim date with statutory interest HERE

SCOTLAND

18 Without compounded interest HERE

OR

19 With compounded interest HERE

20 Without compounded interest HERE

OR

21 With compounded interest HERE

FAST TRACK N260 BACK-UP

N260 Form

22 N260 Form calculation HERE

BUDGETING AND CASHFLOWS

23 Budget report HERE (Thanks to Jonni2bad)

24 Cashflow report Incomplete - work in progress

CONSOLIDATION LOAN INTEREST CLAIM CALCULATION

25 Without statutory or contractual interest HERE

26 With statutory or simple contractual interest HERE

27 With compounded contractual interest HERE

blankdot.gifGoogle Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets.

Have Quoted this from another thread as i realise i should be keeping all myposts in one thread. and on that note ill rename the thread as im sure most pppl have done when first visiting here.

went to my bank to day to find out when i oened my account, knowing it was around when i was 15 as thats when i left school and started work which should of been around 1987/88ish. on the system today it said account was opened in 1991! the cashier said this would of been done due to your age probably and just upgraded from a cardcash account to a current account automatically. i asked if they could supply me with a copy of my signed contract from that date or from the actual date i originally signed up for them, they said they wouldnt be able to supply me with that as they only keep data for 6 years.

i wanted it for 2 reasons.

1. for the court claim form to enter when my account was opened.

2. if it did go to court, hopefully i could prove i was a minor when i originally opened and signed upto the account.

as for the N1 form what date should enter into it? my original date(or thereabouts) or the date they have on the system?

either way they say they have no record of my contract.

any ideas?

thanks.

Hi Foo

First things first, the reference I made to Tilly was a joke ,Shes always jokin around but if you hadnt read her thread then you wouldnt know and Please dont worry Im sure no-one thought you were being disrespectful . That said lets put it to bed.ok.

NOW I understand your worries really I do , we've all been there so just relax.

Its easy for me to say I know but you WILL get the hang of things and pretty soon be much more confident .

I said that I used Mindzai's spreadsheet , the reason being if Im honest is that I could NOT for the life of me work out Vampiras. Im sure its great cause so many people use it and all power to her for putting it on here but, it must just be me cause i just could not get my head round it.

As for me being confident Dont you believe it, read my thread and youll see what I mean , LOL . I sometimes think I couldnt organise the proverbial P**s up in a brewery.

If you try the one Ive used its really easy.

Just put your details in ; name account number interest rate .

Then put all your charges in the columns provided.

Date first charge then what it was for Ive just put "charges" and then the amount.

Do all your charges first in the left coloumn then do the right one with all the interest. Its date first thenamount then balance (put a minus before amount if you are in the red)

once youve done all that youll see it calculates everything up for you so all you need then is to print it off.

I dont know if you know you dont mention the 8% interest untill you send off the N1 to court.

Hope this will help you anything else you need just yell ok.

Regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

BTW you'll find the link for that spready under Mindzai v Abbey .:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Foo

First things first, the reference I made to Tilly was a joke ,Shes always jokin around but if you hadnt read her thread then you wouldnt know and Please dont worry Im sure no-one thought you were being disrespectful . That said lets put it to bed.ok.

NOW I understand your worries really I do , we've all been there so just relax.

Its easy for me to say I know but you WILL get the hang of things and pretty soon be much more confident .

I said that I used Mindzai's spreadsheet , the reason being if Im honest is that I could NOT for the life of me work out Vampiras. Im sure its great cause so many people use it and all power to her for putting it on here but, it must just be me cause i just could not get my head round it.

As for me being confident Dont you believe it, read my thread and youll see what I mean , LOL . I sometimes think I couldnt organise the proverbial P**s up in a brewery.

If you try the one Ive used its really easy.

Just put your details in ; name account number interest rate .

Then put all your charges in the columns provided.

Date first charge then what it was for Ive just put "charges" and then the amount.

Do all your charges first in the left coloumn then do the right one with all the interest. Its date first thenamount then balance (put a minus before amount if you are in the red)

once youve done all that youll see it calculates everything up for you so all you need then is to print it off.

I dont know if you know you dont mention the 8% interest untill you send off the N1 to court.

Hope this will help you anything else you need just yell ok.

Regards :)

:p:p

right im go through the link you put(like you say vampiras looks a nightmare. if i get the wrong one im shafted)

one thing im querying, add a - if im in the red. you mean if the charge meant me going over drawn and that it left my account in debt?

cheers. nice and easy replies is the way forward. Nice1 :)

Hi FOO hallo.gif

try asking them for information about ALL accounts held in your name, as they will have upgraded your account when you were 18 as you say. send them another SAR asking for this and if they do not reply within the 40 day limit report them to the ICO. at least that`s what I would do. and just follow the advice that the three musketeers are giving you THEY ARE BRILL!! ( even if they do take swipes at each other )(it`s the age you know ) Wink1.gif I DON`T KNOW WHERE I WOULD BE WITHOUT THEIR HELP

goodluck.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

BTW you'll find the link for that spready under Mindzai v Abbey .:)

cheers. quick scan of the abbey forum and the search function brings NO results.

any chance of a hint of the link location? ;)

Hi FOO hallo.gif

try asking them for information about ALL accounts held in your name, as they will have upgraded your account when you were 18 as you say. send them another SAR asking for this and if they do not reply within the 40 day limit report them to the ICO. at least that`s what I would do. and just follow the advice that the three musketeers are giving you THEY ARE BRILL!! ( even if they do take swipes at each other )(it`s the age you know ) Wink1.gif I DON`T KNOW WHERE iIWOULD BE WITHOUT THEIR HELP

goodluck.gif

before i read that, may i compliment you on a most excellent font :p

(old joke, never mind) :D

before i read that, may i compliment you on a most excellent font :p

(old joke, never mind) :D

THANK YOU, KIND LADY. It pleases me to find some one with such excellent taste.

2d90b895dd45ed3cc55332ea0ccf5f2b.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales