parachute bank account ... help ...

markt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as i sit here exicitedly waiting for my statements from the Halifax, i was wondering whether anyone new of any easy to open bank accounts.

i have a crap credit history (partly due to the Halifax ... mostly due to excesses) so any help finding a new suitor would be a great help.

cheers

when i win ...... 5% goes back to the site!

Halifax- 14/6/06 Data Protection Act.28/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - (Subject Access Request) handed in person. 2/7/06 Prelin sent for £3297. 19/7/06 LBA sent SETTLED

Halifax cc- 26/7 prelim for £140 - 14/8 LBA sent - 21/8 £ 70 offer - 22/8 Halifax agreed to pay £140 after call SETTLED

Halifax loan #1 - SETTLED

SMPL- 20/6/06 prelim sent for £610 4/7 sent lba after no reply. MCOL 29/9

Rooftop Mortgages - 20/6/06 prelim sent for £225. 29/6/06 letter rec'd saying no! /2/7/06 LBA sent

Capital One- 24/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. 2/7/06 prelim sent for £137. 19/7/06 LBA sent MCOL 29/9 SETTLED

So long as you aren't bankrupt you should be able to open a basic no frills bank account at most high street banks.

Oh... if it's any help Halifax didn't mention anything about closing my account. I didn't even have to sign anything after they paid me out saying I wouldn't be a naughty boy again.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Hi

Have you tried opening a step account online?

http://www.natwest.com/personal02.as...S/STEP_ACCOUNT

I did this online this in about 5 mins 2 days later recieved the form to sign and return and after a further 4 days recieved my cards and today recieved my pin number,really painless and sorted within a week

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Hi

Have you tried opening a step account online?

http://www.natwest.com/personal02.as...S/STEP_ACCOUNT

I did this online this in about 5 mins 2 days later recieved the form to sign and return and after a further 4 days recieved my cards and today recieved my pin number,really painless and sorted within a week

Great, thanks for that.

Am running a claim against Lloyds and one against Smile. Have been gettiong a bit antsy about account closure, but should now have a nice Natwest parachute account in a wk or two! :grin:

thanks for that ... i feel more relaxed now!

when i win ...... 5% goes back to the site!

Halifax- 14/6/06 Data Protection Act.28/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - (Subject Access Request) handed in person. 2/7/06 Prelin sent for £3297. 19/7/06 LBA sent SETTLED

Halifax cc- 26/7 prelim for £140 - 14/8 LBA sent - 21/8 £ 70 offer - 22/8 Halifax agreed to pay £140 after call SETTLED

Halifax loan #1 - SETTLED

SMPL- 20/6/06 prelim sent for £610 4/7 sent lba after no reply. MCOL 29/9

Rooftop Mortgages - 20/6/06 prelim sent for £225. 29/6/06 letter rec'd saying no! /2/7/06 LBA sent

Capital One- 24/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. 2/7/06 prelim sent for £137. 19/7/06 LBA sent MCOL 29/9 SETTLED

• 2 weeks later...

Just got confirmation through yesterday that my new Step account has been opened.

Am pretty pleased as my credit rating is shocking, and I already have current accounts with Smile and Lloyds, so I wasn't even going to bother trying to open a parachute account (which was concerning!).

Thanks again Ihatebanks :up: :-D