• Tweets

• Few tweaks as the run order was completely messed up and the main point of your defence (reconstituted agreement) pushed to the bottom of the statement.   I, XXXXXX, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim and further to my set aside application dated 1 November 2022. 1.The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts in person in the opening paragraph. It is my understanding they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act. 2.  I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. 3. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights.  This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information).  The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 4.  I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 5. The alleged letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address.  I have attached a copy of my tenancy agreement which is marked ‘Appendix 1’ and shows I was residing at a difference address as of 11 December 2018 and was therefore not at the service address at the time the proceedings were served.  I have also attached an email from my solicitors to the Claimants solicitors dated 14 July 2022 which was sent to them requesting that they disclose the trace of evidence they utilised prior to issuing the proceedings against me.  This is marked ‘Appendix 2’. The claimants solicitors did not provide me with these documents. 6. Under The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims 2017 a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior to and including ,The Pre action Protocol letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claim form dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018. 7. Upon the discovery of the Judgement debt, I made immediate contact with the Court and the Claimant Solicitors, putting them on notice that I was making investigations in relation to the Judgement debt as it was not familiar to me.  I asked them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.   The correspondence to the Claimant Solicitor's is attached and marked ‘Appendix 3’ 8. On (insert date) I successfully made application to set a side the judgment. The claim proceeded to allocation, 9. The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2 February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None of these documents were received by the court nor the defendant by that date. (insert date you did receive the documents) I then sent a Data Subject Access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided. Details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 4’and the copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 5’. Remove irrelevant 10.The claimant relies upon and has exhibited a reconstituted version of the alleged agreement. It is again denied that I have ever entered into an agreement with Barclaycard on or around 2000.  It is admitted that I did hold other credit agreements with other creditors and as such should this be a debt that was assigned to Barclaycard from another brand therefore the reconstituted agreement disclosed is invalid being pre April 2007 and not legally enforceable pursuant to HHJ Judge Waksman in Carey v HSBC 2009 EWHC3417.  Details of this are attached and marked ‘Appendix 6’. The original credit agreement must be provided along with any reconstituted version on a modified credit agreement and must contain the names and address of debtor and creditor, agreement number and cancelation clause. 11. Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not mislead the court. 12. It is denied I have ever received a default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974.The claimant is put to strict proof to evidence from the original creditors internal document software the trigger of said notice.  13.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. 14. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the original assigned agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. Signed                 ………………………………………………….. Name                  XXXX Date                     30 April 2024   Run 3 copies Court /Claimants Sol/File
    • As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo@Nicky Boyi sent across the agreement earlier in this thread. No mention of financial reward to the MA. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the sly. As I said earlier, the owner of OPS is a convicted criminal, with a very shady reputation around these parts.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to court again today as a court buddy. My friend against Nasty West.

Barrister ( Justin Timson-Smith) for barclays easily got it stayed. Judge didn't even listen to my friend. Told her that all cases are going to be stayed without exception, telling her that february was not a long time to wait

Burnley County Court

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been digging around to see what other MPs have been saying on the subject of charges - they support the cause, so I might write and find out their views on the latest from the FSAs decision to suspend consumers rights over this matter.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/economy/house-of-commons-westminster-hall-bank-penalty-charges.6289.html

Beat the Bank Robbers - Trish Godman MSP - Labour MSP for West Renfrewshire

“CHALLENGE UNFAIR BANK CHARGES” SAYS MP AFTER LAURA v. GOLIATH TEST CASE

Dr. Alasdair McDonnell M.P. Social Democratic and Labour Party MP for Belfast South

MPs hear call for action on bank charges

Jim Devine MP

• Haha 1

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Fantastic work done there Kog. I think a letter or e mail to these people will help our cause.

I think only from one person though along the lines of...

Although I am not one of your constituents, I would appreciate your kind help in resolving a matter which is affecting thousands of people all over the country. We have been contacting our local MP's about this matter, but I write to you as I see that you have had grave concerns about this matter with your own constituents in the past. And attach the letter.

Any coments/help/suggestions?

And how come my number of posts aren't moving?I'm still on 557

In the absence of any help here, Just e mailed Which? to see if they can help.
Good call DoS - well done. Let us know how you get on.
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Ok, the key thing with MPs is they have a job as long as we vote for them.

In theory the Labour Party should be championing this for the people, and the Conservatives arguing that it is down to the courts to decide, but that they understand our concerns, and as they are not in power will be our champion just to annoy labour.

In my mind, the best people to hit - at Party level, would be the Lib Dems as they have champoned this cause a great deal, and are always looking for surefast ways to gain some voters.

So I would stress that all Caggers should send the template email to their MP, possibly adding, if they are Cons or LibDems, that you can see this is something that the givernment havn't helped, or have even generated, themselves.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

John v Rees (1970). Justice Megarry" It may be that there are some who would decry the importance of the rules of natural justice. ......those who take this view do not, I think, do themselves justice. As everybody who has anything to do with the law well knows, the path of the law is strewn with examples of open and shut cases which, somehow, were not: of unanswerable charges which, in the event, were completely answered ; with inexplainable conduct which was fully explained; ........ nor are those with any knowledge of human nature who pause to think for a moment likely to underestimate the feelings of resentment of those who find there is a decison against them as being made without their being afforded any opportunity to influence the course of events."

Hi all

Just to say no news on my letters to the papers - not even an email saying thanks but no thanks Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

But any replies I post on the Abbey forum I am asking people to join the campaign and write to their MP's - trying to do a little bit to help!

DoS, that quote above is fantastic - it sums up the current situation to a tee. if I don't get anywhere with the press, I may write a revised letter using part of that quote, if that's ok?

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Have just read the pdf file (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/direction_disp.pdf) in Kenny's note and to confirm I received a letter from Halifax dated 1st August in response to my second claim against them (another £130 pounds since my last victory!!) this letter pretty much word for word was taken from scenario 1 in the PDF......

should I continue with my time line i.e LBA letter??? :)

Hi all

Just to say no news on my letters to the papers - not even an email saying thanks but no thanks Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

But any replies I post on the Abbey forum I am asking people to join the campaign and write to their MP's - trying to do a little bit to help!

DoS, that quote above is fantastic - it sums up the current situation to a tee. if I don't get anywhere with the press, I may write a revised letter using part of that quote, if that's ok?

Jo xx

Yes Jo, use it by all means, it's free on the web to anyone. Sorry to hear about the papers, there may still be time.

Received an e mail from a fellow CAG member this morning. She put a post on the MSE forum telling them about this thread with a link to it and also links to MP site etc..

IT WAS PULLED WITHIN 15 MINS. I THINK THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS THINGS UP???????

This problem is something I have been trying to overcome. I have noticed and do understand why moderators remove links to other groups. So I figured if I put info about this complain campaign on another, unralated site, then it might be possible mods will keep the links.

And it does seem to have worked, also the leaflet works, in that its not removed, because there is no direct link to a particular group.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

If you take a good luck around the MSE site, you will see numerous threads linking to this site for templates etc... Some links put there by MODs.

This friend has PM'd a MOD about this and had no reply, which I find to be extrmely arrogant and ignorant!

And this thread was pulled- so links to the templates etc... are OK but links to our little campaign are not it seems

I can't even post on MSE, I joined up on the weekend but they don't seem to wanna reply to me. Maybe this waiver has rocked their heads so much they're in a totasl spin.:D

Received an e mail from a fellow CAG member this morning. She put a post on the MSE forum telling them about this thread with a link to it and also links to MP site etc..

IT WAS PULLED WITHIN 15 MINS. I THINK THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS THINGS UP???????

Hi Mods.

Can I ask if this is something that you can please assist us with. This is something that folk have put an awful lot of work into. Everyone appreciates how busy you are at this incredidibly trying time for us all and that your time is valuable.

However, this work is being done for the benefit of all claimants and some clarity and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

If you take a good luck around the MSE site, you will see numerous threads linking to this site for templates etc... Some links put there by MODs.

This friend has PM'd a MOD about this and had no reply, which I find to be extrmely arrogant and ignorant!

And this thread was pulled- so links to the templates etc... are OK but links to our little campaign are not it seems

I pm's martin personally to ask for this thread and link to be put on the MSE website, only to be told that he is going down a slightly different route. He will complete the bank consumer charter then speak to the MP's. I told him we would continue to plug away so that when he finally got around to talking to the MP's they knew what he was talking about and where already doing something about it.

Does any one have any information on banks in other countries; whether they levy similar charges on customers' accounts for purported 'breaches of contract/agreement'?

I think the general rule of thumb is those that don't charge like ours, have annual or monthly fees; those that do charge like us, don't have monthly fees.

Although our banks, never one to miss out on a money spinner, generally 'offer' the option for us to pay for our accounts anyway! Tut tut!

I know that doesn't really answer your Q - sorry, but it gives an indication of what happens...just not where!

P

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Stay focused keep those complaints to MPs and the FSA rolling if you have already complained then try encourage others to complain.

Has anyone had any reply from the FSA - I have't heard a peep from the rabble. They've battend down the hatches, has anyone complained to the FSA, I did but not a peep.

This waiver can be lifted, if people can get the government to repeal the Poll Tax laws under Thatcher, they can get this nonsense removed also.

But we must unite, and keep buggering on - KBO as Winston Churchill used to say.

It would seem the banks are having fun at our expense - we are all fighting one another, we need to stick together and that includes MOD and site helpers!

I am loosing faith in CAG :mad:

Moneyhelp, this has been a difficult time for everyone since the OFT announcement. We are all with you and want you with us!

Your expertise, support, friendlieness and nature are incredible assets to CAG. Lets all stick together on this.

• Haha 1