Help needed urgently!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anybody could help me ..I let a mate of mine stay with me for a few weeks at the start of the year and then he moved out ..I am now receiving debt letters for him from capquest and ruthbridge looking for money ..I have only seen/ spoken to him once since the letters started arriving and think he sorted something out with capquest but still getting letters from both places...The latest one from ruthbridge is saying there client is starting bankruptcy proceedings this week if he does not pay them a sum of £1000...Now i emailed them and wrote to them as soon as the letters started arriving to make them aware he didn not stay at this address anymore and still the letters arrive ..Im worried now as i am a homeowner and never had debt before ..Could the companies black list my address for this and how do i stop them from hassling me over it all ?? any advice would be much appreciated as worried sick now !!:(

Your "mate" has stitched you up good style!

1. Write on letters addressed to your m8... "Not here, return to sender..."

2. You may want to call the Police as it seems your m8 has committed big time fraud at your address...

3. Suggest you look at copies of your Credit Reference files...

Watching with interest...

Regards, Dave.

cag-end-sig.jpg

The debt was not taken out at my address so dont know how they got my details ..The debt was seemingly a few years ago but worried they might blacklist me or my address for this ..Any ideas anybody ?? Can they blacklist me for it ..I only opened the letters so i could contact the companies involved to say he was not at my address any longer :(

The debt was not taken out at my address so dont know how they got my details ..The debt was seemingly a few years ago but worried they might blacklist me or my address for this ..Any ideas anybody ?? Can they blacklist me for it ..I only opened the letters so i could contact the companies involved to say he was not at my address any longer :(
You dont need to open them to do this as they have an If undelivered address on the back.

will sending them back stop the hassles though as have already emailed them and wrote to them and the letters still keep coming ?? would it make any difference returning them unopened ?? I am just worried that they might blacklist my address ..They said there going to create reports against property and belongings etc

If they try creating reports against property and belongings you can report them to the Information Commission as you haven't given permission to search your file and they are illeagally creating a false footprint on your record. I'd also check that they haven't already blacklisted you on your own credit report.

I had a similar problem when I first moved in, the previous tenant had a load of loans and was using the address up to 18 months after being evicted! She eventually got caught by British Transport Police fare dodging over west London (I am in south London) and was deported back to Spain.

I don't mind being chased for any debts I actually owe but being chased for somebody elses debts and having markers put on my report for this is a bit much.

Send each person the Harrassment letters from this site and the posts should stop - if they don't go to Trading Standards.

would it make any difference returning them unopened ??

I would think that it would make a difference returning them unopened, you will be stating that this person does not live at your address.

All the time you are opening the letters and then contacting the DCA, they might think that the person they want is at your address, and purposely avoiding them, because contact is being made concerning the debts and the DCA's letters are being replied to. (Although of course DCA's do send out lots of computer generated letters as I have found out.:rolleyes: )

With regards to blacklisting - I don't really know enough about this but I'm sure someone will be along soon that does.

If the debts are nothing do with you then you must return the letters to show that this person is not living at your address.

Good luck

regards

maggieboo:)

Firstly, I would return the letters unopened. I would then write a strongly worded letter informing them if they do not cease to send the letters to your address or if they process any data related to you on your credit file, you will report them to the relevant authorities eg information commissioner's as mentioned, maybe TS.

It may be worth contacting Citizens Advice. I would also check your credit file to see if any information has been added. You can do this online.

Hope this all works out ok.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

can anybody point me in the direction of the Harrassment letters i cant seem to find them thanks ...i am so worried about it all ..just wish they would stop sending letters to me !!

that doesnt apply to my case as its the letters i am trying to stop coming to my address as the person no longer lives at my address and only did stay for a very limited time ..As i said in previous posts my main worry is my address getting blacklisted even though the debt was not taken out at my address

Dear Idiots,

I have repeatedly told you that Mr X does not reside at this address. I have no idea as to where he now resides. Please refrain from contacting me again regarding this matter.

yours Bored