From Halifax regarding OFT test case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hmmm just read the article ,, not impressed so if court judge asks for defence they can get a stay even if You put claim in b4 announcement ,, this is rediculouse and im really peeved off now ,, when my court told me business as usual thought maybe there was hope but now ???? is waiting game i guess :(

Thing is, Lloyds HSBC Halifax and Natewest have exactly the same statement, WORD FOR WORD.

It seems to be they are trying to influence what the courts will do.

Can I make a court claim for a refund during the test case?

Yes, but

They word it so as to insinuate that they will get the stay automatically.

Alot of work has gone on behind the scenes with the banks.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I hope someone on here still decides to try and take The BOS to court and the court allows it to go ahead and they win.

It would be good because then everyone else would continue.

They say it's going to be a year........the dirty b**tards ! Not happy at all with this. :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

hee hee i got my court papers back today Money help :) so maybe will find out soon enough i got to wait til 13 August for halifax to reply so will see then i guess :)

Great news DK - you're on your way, not long now ;)

success :)

just received letter from halifax today offering me £3078 approx half what i was demanding yippeeeeeee.

only thing is i cant haggle now cos there is no-one there to haggle with anymore.

A helpful soul (who sounded really p**sed off) sid that i could "accept offer without prejudice" and claim remainder after court case.

the question:

has anyone seen or used a template letter that incorporates this sentence, and if so, where is it

any help would be gratefully received

dale

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D (can you tell im happy??)

congrats to you well done :) keep going for rest though :)

thank you very much deadlykiss :p was panicking tho, bank said letter had been sent out last wednesday and couldnt tell me what the contents of the letter was ( said it was favourable) but didnt turn up till this morn, couldnt sleep all w/end.

just feel sorry for all the others nearly there but now so far

If any has seen a letter template with this quote in it please let me know

dale

:-D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

If your going to miss 'p*****g them off' at Halifax, you could help me :roll::) . I got the standard letter sent last week stating that the partial offer made in March 2007 was in 'full & final' settlement and nothing can be clamed afterwards so I need to accept this or reject it by 7/10/07 otherwsie my case will not be resolved until after the Test Case (MCOL claim made about week before test case announcement). I rejected this again especially as I had Tax credits paid into my bank account (was working 18 hours a week and single parent at the time) during a large amount of the 6 years. Their offer was £645 which is one years charges so only a fraction. Got their defence which appears to be a standard one which also stated in the last paragraph that £39 is the ACTUAL COST of sending a letter (I am sure read that the standard cost that OFT stated for these letters was £5 as they are computer-generated).

Do yo think I need to send my Court Bundle or wait until I hear from the court ? Has ayone had any experience of Optima Solicitors, there based in Bradford?

thanks

Reeta

Hi 1rnold

Im fairly sure you should wait for word off the Court before you send anything in. Have you had a Allocation Questionaire yet from the Court. I think this needs to be filled in first before the bundle is sent,(some courts are doing away with the AQ) .

Not 100% so if Im wrong will somebody please correct me and I appologise now just in case I am.:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi Overflow

I haven't had the allocation questionaire yet or heard anything from the court yet. It makes me so angry that they think they have not done anything wrong especially as I was on Tax Credits as well. I hope this Test Case goes all wrong for them all as they have got high hopes its all win win win...:mad::(