iqor recoveryfor cabot - idiots

Guest jamesroberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest jamesroberts

Well, out of the blue I get a letter from iqoe recovery services.

They tell me that I owe them via Cabot £5000. I have no idea what this could possibly be and know perfectly well I do not.

I send them a cca. They of course do not have the intelligence to read the letter so instead decide the £1 is a payment on the account. They then send me a bunch of giro slips and tell me to pay them at £1 per week as the agreement!

Is it just me or are these people beyond a joke??

I assume this is certainly not a payment on account and once again they are acting in an illegal and fraudulent manner??

Why are these **** allowed to trade? Surely their business ethics do not exist and they should be closed down??

:x

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anythin.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Excuted Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some inportant deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has commited a summary criminal offence and the matter should be refered to Trading Standards for action.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Now if they continue to make demands after the 12+month has passed then it's time to make a complaint to Trading Standards.

When dealing with TS remember to be calm and professional, ranting and raving and demanding action will get you no where fast.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Guest jamesroberts

Thanks for that but if you note my post, it is basically all about the cca I sent them.

They have already gone over the 12 days so I am sitting tight as not only do I know I don't owe them a penny but I also know they will default as there is no way they have any paperwork.

The reason for the post was to outline what **** they are.:-)

Thanks for that but if you note my post, it is basically all about the cca I sent them.

They have already gone over the 12 days so I am sitting tight as not only do I know I don't owe them a penny but I also know they will default as there is no way they have any paperwork.

The reason for the post was to outline what **** they are.:-)

If Cabot have passed it to someone else, the 'debt' is probably statute barred, or on the very edge of being statute barred. This is how Cabot do business- they get these other companies to do the real dirty work so it appears they (Cabot) are squeaky clean. I betcha this 'debt' is on or over 6 years old..

BTW Perhaps get a Mod to move this post to the Cabot forum ?

Just hate every DCA out there

Why are these **** allowed to trade? :x

excellent question

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 1 year later...

have had prob with them consumer direct wiped 65 charges iqor say they haven't, have had emails form first premium which is consumer direct saying they have told iqor to wipe it when call IQOR a welsh bloke answered and told me to stop talking how rude well i gave him what for any way,when was explaining and when i spoke to a women said well one of you are lying she went bla bla i don't have to listen i said i right then let consumer sort it and hung up they are t@ssers and should be shut down every time i call them they argue with me and they charged me 2.50 for making a payment with direct debit card what a rip off beware this company or take them to court you will win as i did they rip off why do people employ them ?

• 1 month later...

As said above they are complete idiots, personally in your cicumstances i would totally ignore them, however if you want to continue, you could start by asking for their complaints procedure, which by law they have to provide.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Did the letter you were sent have any account numbers or anything on it to suggest what it might be about?

There is no point sending a CCA request unless you know what on earth they are trying to collect on. A "prove it" letter is more appropriate.

I ACKNOWLEDGE NO DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY NOR ANY COMPANY YOU PURPORT TO REPRESENT

Dear Mental Defectives,

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

As I have no knowledge of this alleged debt, I demand that you prove your entitlement to enforce it. No further correspondence will be entered into unless you can prove that this alleged debt exists, and that I am indeed the debtor.

As your letter of xx/xx/xxxx already puts you in breach of the Office Of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance a complaint has duly been filed. Any further breaches will be added to this complaint.

Should you fail to comply with my demand for proof, the matter will be brought to the attention of my own local Trading Standards department, as well as the one in your local area.

As you have demanded money with no proof of entitlement, you can regard this letter as the initiation of a formal complaint. I therefore request a copy of your official complaints procedure which you are legally obliged to supply. Should you fail to satisfy this complaint, it will be escalated to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Should you be unable to provide proof that this alleged debt is genuine, then you are in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and must cease processing my data immediately. Failure to comply with this will result in a complaint to the Information Commissioner and may result in court action.

Also, note that while the account relating to the reference number above remains in strong dispute, you are not allowed to pass it on to any third party. Should you do so, further complaints will be made to the relevant authorities outlined above.

I look forward to your reply that this matter is now closed and that you have totally removed my data from your system.

Yours Faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxx

SH

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

About 3 weeks ago I received a letter from iQor recovery services in the name of R.Groot. I have never heard of this person and the debt is owed to ebay, so I emailed ebay to let them know that someone has used my address illegally. They were very kind and replied telling me that they would sort it out. However I wake up this morning to find a second letter from the same recovery company for the same amount owed to ebay but addressed to a Rachel Grocot. As I have lived here for 18years I know all the names of people who live or have lived here for those years and this person is also unknown to me. I have again contacted ebay to let them know about this second letter. I have not contacted the recovery service myself, main reason being I am not paying for an 0845 number phone call when it isnt even my debt. If I receive a third letter in another name is there any other course of action that I should take? These debt letters are blacklisting my house from credit and its not fair as no one here owes this debt.

Hey guys iQor sent me a letter this morning saying I own Ebay £48.22, iQuer said they send emails to my gmail account to tell be but I don't have one:-o

I've check my bank account and my ebay account and there's be no trans action to ebay and I only ever use ebay once and paided by pal pay.

I've email ebay but no answer as of yet, iQor won't give me any other details just keep hassling about paiding the money or they take me to court. They also said not to contact ebay, Im not sure why that is but I've contact them.

So what I'm getting at what should I do as they are treating me with court action if I don't paid in 3 days.

Any help would be great. Thanks for you time.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have had numerous letters from iQor and now from their solicitors demanding a payment of £108.68 for an outstanding debt to Ebay. I've contacted Ebay about this and they don't know anything about and say my account is all in order :D

I'm really looking forward to going to court, but somehow I doubt that will materialise as I believe this is a fraud, they don't even know my first name all my correspondance is Dear..."surname" :rolleyes: with no Mr!

I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth seeking legal advice with a view to suing for harrassment :cool: I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people who use this forum and would appreciate their thoughts on the matter.

Thanks.

Oh my God! The same thing has happened to me. I owed Ebay £10.47 and was planning to pay it soon, but was recently made redundant, so I havent had time.

Now iQorcalled me on the phone on Friday 4th September telling me I owed £18.47! I was like no I dont! Well the asian woman I was talking to was so rude! She wanted my address to continue the conversation I refused 3 times and then she got very nasty, so I gave them to her with my birthdate. Looking back now I wish I hadnt. She then asked for my googlemail account name! I hadnt used it in months, so told her 4 times I didnt know and demanded to know what was going on. She said I had been sent emails from them, I havent recieved a single one from them.

She asked me to give my card details over the phone for that amount and I told her to sod off and I wasnt born yesturday and refused to do so. She said a letter will be sent to me within 6 days (received today) and I had to pay that amount to them. Not to contact Ebay regarding this. Not only was she rude, but threatning also.

That night I paid Ebay the £10.47 I owed and sent a email reagrding the late payment, I didnt mention iQor to them. A nice gentlemen replied and said my account is now in order.

Well I got the letter today and Im shocked! Its addressed to my surname, no Miss! And its so threatening! Saying DO NOT CONTACT THEM REGARDING THIS MATTER, AS THEY WILL REFER YOU TO US! Them being Ebay. Saying they will take me to court, etc. I thought **** off! I emailed the lovely man I emailed the other night telling him about the letter and phone call and if he could sort it out for me as Im not calling an 0845 number, they havent left an email address at all. It has caused me so much stress and upset, I dont need this.

But Im thankful to see Im not the only one with this problem!

Edited by Pinkninja85

IQor are very rube :mad::mad:, but don't worry if ebay says your accounts in order you be fine. I'm sure someone here will give you alot more help than I can as I'm new to this myself but don't worry there's nothing IQor can do to you.:)

Thank you. Yes the gentleman who emailed me said everything was in order and he removed all the alerts that were sent to my account and apologised for any stress caused. He was so sweet. I just hope Ebay can contact them as Im certainly not calling them on that number! That company is a joke. Im surprised no one has contacted WatchDog or something to get them checked out!

Ebay contant them for me so I'm sure they do the same for you. I got a letter a week after talking to Ebay from IQor saying that I was not longer on there list. The biggest joke was they had called me Patrick on the first letter but the second one to tell be that I wasing on the list anymore was in the guy that used my address to set up a fake account:eek:.

well, just got off the phone to both iQor and their solicitors Geoffrey Parker Bourne. iQor are a waste of time that's the best I can muster up for them, the guy at GPB was a little more helpful in the fact that when I told him Ebay said my account was clean he asked for evidence (i've previously asked Ebay for clarification to be sent out) he said a print out of my current account from Ebay would be sufficient! WTF...nah, that's not good enough;):p I want some recompense for all the stress I have endured for the last 5 months, I'll wait for the court letter, any good lawyers in the house :razz::D

Funny that, I got an Iqor letter for a bill I settled last week with ebay.

It came composed of mostly red ink telling me I owed £44 instead of £36..

I phoned them and like you guys say, that are just bad attitude w*nkers..

They said I had incured an £8 charge.. I said well why wasn't it present on my ebay fees when I paid them..

She declined to answer with a real answer and just told me I owed them.

I then said, these are your charges and you aint getting them. I'm paid up.

She got well arsy then started going on about we'll persue you for it..

My last words were persue away you miserable sl*g you aint getting ****.

I have just sent ebay an email telling them to get thier dogs back in line or my next stop is taking them both to the courts for harrasment and threatening behaviour.

I also gave them the same 72 hours I got to resolve the matter and failure to do so would lead to me providing my solicitor with further instructions.

I also instructed them that should I have to contact them again about this matter after the 72 hours allocated to them that I would be charging £15 per letter, £10 per email and £5 per phone call plus 25% APR on any balance outstanding as a result.

SEE EMAIL BELOW:

I Will state now for the benefit of the reader that this matter should be brought to the attention of management (if such a thing exsists in ebay).

Failing that, please forward this email to the cheif monkey.

I would like ebay to explain WHY after I paid my fees I have a company called Iqor chasing me for a balance of £44 when I settled my ebay fees which were for £36.

As of 3rd Sept I now have Iqor threatening to persue me for some mysterious £8, and they insist they will chase me for it. I dispute this and I take thier action as a threat, and any further action regarding this matter as harrasment.

Let me assure ebay and Iqor that if I am persued with this by either party, that I will begin initiating a harrasment suit ASAP.

If as Iqor said, I owe a further £8 to Ebay, why was it not added onto the bill I settled DIRECT with ebay last week?

I suggest ebay gets its "dogs" in line as I WONT tollerate such threats nor vile attitudes from collection agencies.

Rest assured I intend to persue a legal course of action if this is not resolved with immediate effect.

Make no mistake, I do not bluff and I wont be threatend by little pathetic people hiding behind telephones and email accounts who are brave enough to give attitude over the phone but not in person!

I am giving formal notice and will allow ebay the same time period as Iqor gave me to resolve the matter..

72 Hours - excluding this coming weekend (because I'm a nice person).

If I have heard nothing satisfactory about this matter by Tuesday 15th September @ 12noon and not a second later then I will assume that it is ebays intention to perservere with this matter and I will begin instructing my solicitors on a further course of action.

I should also remind ebay that I still posses ALL previous communication between myself and ebays contact center regarding my outstanding balance and it is my intention to supply them to my solicitor to show the poor excuse level of communication & support I actually received from ebay.

These emails show my attempts to contact an intelligent member of staff to help resolve my issues and will also show the same, stupid, copy and paste pre-defined responses which never addressed my issues and only once after threatening ebay did I actually get someone sit and type out a direct responce to my communication even if it was a weak response and still contained no help.

I shall also show in court exactly how non helpful your staff are, and just how hard it is to contact this company or staff when the need arises.

At this point I will also make it clear, as I am legally abliged to do so, that ANY further communication on this matter will be subject to chargable administration fees @ £15 per letter, £10 per email & £5 per telephone call plus interest accumilations @ 25% APR on outstanding ammounts.

I shall know for next time NOT to bother settling my outstanding ammounts with ebay instead of doing the right thing, as incompetence and threats are all you receive in return.

Good day.

Has anyone got contact details for Iqor other than a phone number btw?

I intend to pass a copy of this to them as well..

Last company I charged admin fees to gave in and I won so I can make some on this for my trouble lol.

What they don't realise is, I will take it as far as I can go with it, like the last people that tried to pull this sh*t.

I made a nice £250 a couple of christmases ago :)

Edited by Mr_BadCredit

• 2 months later...

You know, I recieved a similar letter today, only this one is about an account I hold with TVL.

They claim I am in £16.50 in debt and tell me that I have 3 days, including the weekend to settle it. It is my understanding that the weekend is not included as a "working day". One thing I will mention is that after reading up on this "company", I will never provide these fools with my debit card details due to what I have read on other websites. From what I have read, it appears that this company obtain consumers credit/debit card details and after settling this supposed "debt" then start stealing monies from that consumers card defined as theft and "FRAUD" under the Fraud Act 2006. Like users before me have pointed out, these are indeed **** and are now chasing me for £16.50. An amount that will be laughed at in the courts. I am posting here to find anyone on this forum who has perhaps had letters of a similar nature and to learn how they were dealt with. Indeed, I intend on taking legal action against these scumbags. They even threatened me with debt collectors at my propperty if I did not "pay up", If they come the first thing I will do is call the police to remove them for tresspass and threatning harassment.

One thing I should mention is that I have agreed with TVL to pay £22 month. which will more than cover the current licence "con" and I am somone who will not respond to blackmail very well, simply because its illegal to blackmail someone. The person who started this topic are correct and right in saying thsi company are indeed "idiots" and should not be allowed to operate due to thier illegal activities.

Has anyone else had any similar dealings with these scumbags??

Edited by The_Dude

Hello All,

I have just looked at my bank account online, and noticed a card purchase for £18.96 to IQOR. i am about to ring them and find out what it was for, my wife isn't here at present.

what do you advise before i ring them as i don't recognise this payment and don't want to give them any more info than they need.

regards,

Brian