Ruthbridge - help needed urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

had a lletter this morning addressed to "the Occupior" from Express Deliverys so I phoned them up - they said they had some legal documents from Ruthbridge Debt Collectors to send me so are going to send them. I've googled Ruthbridge which has the same address as Express Deliverys ??? and now I am scared stiff - what legal documents, what can they do, I'm at the end of my tether and am sat hear crying. What do you they mean by legal documents - will I have to go to court. I don;t know what debt it is for and I just can;t go on anymore. please can somebody help me????

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try and stay calm, They are probably sending their usual pre printed threats. Wait until you receve them and then let us know what they want. I am sure that the guys and girls here will be able to offer help as usual.

It's not court bailiffs coming around, just the post man. Stay Strong.

Kind Regards

Bigandy

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Hi Weller, don't panic over this please. Ruthbridge are a debt collection agency and have already breached The Office of Fair Trading's Debt Collection Guidelines under communication:-

2.2 Examples of unfair practice are:

b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtor's lack of knowledge.

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the contact is.

So already you have grounds for a complaint against them.

As yet you don't know what you are worrying about, hard I know but don't. There is nothing you can do until you receive the 'legal documents', which, if this is the first contact you have had from Ruthbridge they certainly won't be. Its a pity you phoned them but the letter was obviously intended to encourage you to call, as above very misleading!

When you find out what they have to say you can take the next steps..probably a CCA request. Until then please don't let them get to you, remember they are slimeballs...that's why they have to be so deceitful in how they contact you.

Warm wishes, Zim.

Hi

had a lletter this morning addressed to "the Occupior" from Express Deliverys so I phoned them up - they said they had some legal documents from Ruthbridge Debt Collectors to send me so are going to send them. I've googled Ruthbridge which has the same address as Express Deliverys ??? and now I am scared stiff - what legal documents, what can they do, I'm at the end of my tether and am sat hear crying. What do you they mean by legal documents - will I have to go to court. I don;t know what debt it is for and I just can;t go on anymore. please can somebody help me????

Please post again when you get these "documents", it'll probably be their hello letter for whatever it is they're chasing after. Have you any idea what it could be about? Also, never speak to these people on the 'phone again (lesson learned!).

As Zimmie stated they've already breached OFT reg's in regards to debt collection guidance which is enough in itself for a complaint to Trading Standards...

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Please try to stay calm and not get upset, everyone here is on your side and ready to help, this is just the first stage of the debt collection methods they use and is absolutely not worth getting upset or losing sleep over.

Best regards, Dave.

cag-end-sig.jpg

Hi Weller

Try not to worry over these ****. The same happened to my oh we refused to speak with them over the phone only communicate in writing. When oh received papers from them i sent them a cca request together with £1, they did send another letter saying they were advising their client to take further steps but they were in default and still are. Needless to say this didn't mount to anything and they then crawled back into the hole they came out of.

Though i think they may of passed it on as mh have started fishing so I await to see what they are after then I will hit them the same.

So chin up dont let them get to you, there is light at the end of the tunnel:)

They tried to hassle me too recently but sent them a CCA/harassment letter and they have gone away. Seems they are the last resort and their heavy handed tactics are supposed to scare people. Do not ring them under any circumstances - and if they ring you hang up. I have read postings about them telephoning people many times a day. And don't be intimidated by whatever the letter says as they are making threats to people that are unfounded and not within the law.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

This is the letter I sent Ruthbridge

Original letter by Scouser9 on another thread. Thanks.

7 July 2007

Fax to Ruthbridge Limited 0208 734 3535

Dear Sirs

Your ref:

Further to your telephone calls, letter addressed to the occupier alleging a parcel requires collection and your letter dated 2 July, I would point out that DLC were asked to provide an original copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement in relation to the alleged debt on 16 May 2007.

To date they have failed to comply with my statutory request for a true, signed copy of a regulated credit agreement and have therefore defaulted in respect of the above account.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act, 1974 and is a complete defence in any court claim that is issued. It also remains unenforceable until such time as a default is either removed or enforced by a court of law. This means that any attempt by your company to enforce this alleged agreement will represent a further offence until such time as it can be produced in court.

As DLC have been unable to provide me with the requested information within the legal timeframe, it is my belief that they were never in possession of a true copy of the alleged agreement, or of a signed, true copy of a Deed of Assignment. In light of this, I find it astonishing that you have had the audacity to claim for an alleged debt, without being able to provide any legal evidence that the debt exists, within the time frame allowed by law.

The law set in the Consumer Credit Act, 1974 must be abided by everyone; people and companies alike and taking the above into consideration, no court would look favourably upon your failure to provide true, accurate information which I assumed that you already had in your possession, prior to issuing letters demanding payment, these letters must cease whilst in dispute, otherwise these can and will be deemed harassment by letter, which again is against the law.

Furthermore, at no time did I consent to the processing by you of my data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate, or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act, 1998. If this alleged debt had been legally assigned to you, then any personal data relevant to the credit agreement allegedly entered into may only have been passed to you provided that my (the borrower's) authority was obtained in the original agreement.

However, you have certainly not requested and I have not given any permission for my personal data to be passed/shared/received by you.

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

Ironically, your failures prompt me to again focus your attention on the content of both the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Data Protection Act 1998, the substance of which should clarify your current position, future conduct and direction regarding both my personal data and unenforceable debts.

With regard to my personal data and your failure to produce the aforementioned documents, I also require that you remove any reference to this alleged debt from my credit file and request an immediate cessation of any processing of unsubstantiated data to third parties under provision of The Data Protection Act, 1998 & The Consumer Credit Act, 1974.

I shall also complain to the Trading Standards also the Office Of Fair Trading, and my Member of Parliament about your conduct in this matter and your liability for holding a Credit Trading Licence.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. In the meantime please be aware that I consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Yours faithfully

Goldlady

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Weller

HFO DCA did the same trick as the above. The problem is they may have got your phone number when you called them back (HFO got ours).

If they call you back just say you are a neighbour and that you used there phone .

That will do the trick after a few calls

RO

Thanks for all your replys - I'm dealing with other DCA's (thanks to this site and have had great help and support, all CCA request gone and even some non-compliance letters) - I think it was just the methods used by Ruthbridge that got me. When I first rang they said they were a courier company who delivered parcels, packages etc and that they were holding something for me so of course, being stupid and naive, gave them my mobile number. I rang back again as something didn't seem right and after fobbing me off for a while they said they had legal documents from Ruthbridge so I searched Google for Ruthbridge and it came up with the same address etc. They have called my mobile but it was switched off and they left a message saying they were from Ruthbridge Legal Dept - abolute w*nkers (sorry for swearing). Will have to get a new sim card I suppose.

I don;t know where my other threads are - they might need joining together as they are so may DCA's on my back and I'm not sure where to turn next or what to do and I feel like I;m bothering everyone - not sure - anway just wanted to say thanks, will await the "legal documents" with interest and keep you updated.

Weller I am in same situation as I am sure are loads of peeps on here so don't think you are bothering people. A year ago I was terrified to answer the phone - now I treat them with the same contempt they treat me with. I was considering bankruptcy back then - now I am rising above it slowly but surely. ;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Weller711

I am in the same situation as you with ruthbridge so your not alone there are many people on here who have been threatened by Ruthbridge so just follow all the advice people give you it's a great help

Legal papers my b*ttom:-x

Letter arrived this morning

Litigation & Enforcement Centre

We have been instructed by the above named company to recover this outstanding debt.

To avoid addittional costs and interest being applied to your account it is necessary for you to contact this centre to arranghe a time for an agent to call upon you,

If you have not established contact with this department within the enxt 7 days our legal agent may call at the above address with a view to either, serving papers or to arrange repayment.

All appointments must be booked on the above telephone mumber.

Yours sincerely

Jason evans

LEGAL DEPARTMENT

Where are the legal documents??? :-x Stupid :-x "people"

I am not going to book an appointment,I am not going to contact them, I am going to CCA them, is this correct? Can they serve papers - I don't think they can, can they?

Am very cross now :-x - their tactics are terrible

Weller711

You must send then a CCA and send it recorded post so you can track it online and see who signed for it, make sure you keep records of all the letters you send to ruthbridge and the ones they send you, Jason and Emma are very busy people at ruthless the amount of letters i get from them is about 7 a week. I don't think they can serve papers unless they have a valid CCA which i am sure they don't

Hi

An going to send a CCA request for this tomorrow, just wanted to know should I mention their tactics, ie -saying they were a courier company etc, or ask for a complaint procedure in with then CCA request. Not sure if I should or if I should how I would word it.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks

Hi

Just send them the CCA request but keep all the letter they have sent you because by acting as a courier company in the first instance and any letter just addressed to the occupier they have breached the OFT guidelines. with the CCA request it will give you time to follow up on all the other things they have done wrong

Also read some of the other treads regarding Ruthbridge because they have some good letters to send them

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My CCA request to Ruthbridge was signed for on the 3rd and I have received a letter dated the same date headed "Without Prejudice" and more or less saying that I have ignored all attempts to resolve the matter and they are adving their client to commence bankrupty proceedings etc etc. It actually states "If you do not co-operate fully you could be declared bankrupt immediately" Signed by Jason Evans but pre-printed signature.

Now, is this just scare tactics? have they sent this letter before or after they have read my CCA request? Or is it in response to my CCA request?

Bit confused as to what I shoudl do next - sit tight and wait for the next letter or will they go ahead and start bankrupty proceedings etc. The debt is for £1447.88 if that helps at all. Any advice much apprecited, thank you.

They have to get a CCJ before they can start bankruptcy proceedings. It's possible their letter was sent before the CCA request or that they had a tantrum when they got it and thought they would try one more of their scare tactics. I would wait and see if you hear any more. What is the score with this debt - had you been making reduced payments or anything, or has it just come out of the blue?

My dealings with the delightful Ruthbridge began when I asked the original DCA to accept reduced payments for a short time while I sorted myself out. As I still have all that correspondence and assuming the 'application form' I have received today is valid as a CCA (which I doubt) then I would be quite happy to go in front of a judge and show them I had tried to make some sort of payments, which would still get me a CCJ but it is unlikely the court would make me pay more than my first offer. And if the payments are covered by a court order they cannot bankrupt you.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi weller711

I had the same letter dated on the same day they got my CCA, so don't worry sit tight and just wait for the days to pass, I got a nice letter on Saturday of last week telling me the same thing again, I am well passed my 12 + 2 days and still nothing in the post only these nice letters from Jason

• 1 month later...

Please help - really worried

Received another letter from Ruthbridge stating that bankruptcy proceedings are due to be commenced against me for recovery of the outstanding balance together with costs and interests unless i pay a settlement of about £200 less than the amount I owe by 29/07/2007. The letter is signed by that nice man Jason Evans who can't even be bothered to sign the letter personally (pre printed signature)

I cca'd them on 30 July so I guess now they are in default as they have not provided a CCA

Please tell me this is just scare tactics /standard letter and advise what I should do next - just leave it until the 12+2+30 days have passed or write them another letter, any advice most welcome as am sat here in tears worried sick.

Guest Fallenangel

Hi weller

Pretty similar story to mine, had a debt i was paying to DLC, who for some reason passed it on to Ruthbridge. Have had threats of bankrupcy etc from them.....for £1500. I CCA'd them and that was ages ago. we are now WELL past the 12 days plus 30. NOTHING!

I would like to know if any of their threats are ever carried out....does anyone know???

And does Jason Evans even exist????........discuss........;)

Guest Fallenangel

Sorry have just seen the last bit of your post weller....

Thats exactley what they want you to get like, upset, stressed, worried etc. I sat and cried too when they first got in touch. But, with advice from this brill forum I got active!!

Please dont worry........have a read thru all the stuff on here about ruthbridge, and you'll soon get the idea what their like!!

FA X