• Tweets

• have you proved at what house was it left outside of & stolen from ...yours or the neighbours? the fact it was for a warranty return means nothing. neither does it that the repairer/retailer have special instructions with DPD for them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer ..you might have overruled them with your instructions on the DPD website, you stated, neighbour/safe space?? if it was left outside your door, which you appear to indicate RE: i can't see you winning this...you created your own problem with what you put on the DPD website?    
    • oh well i wonder what new fake documents they have made up then...for them to try this.... just to check nothing funky like Link have filed an n244 to lift the stay and strike out her defence....she hasnt moved since last court comms has she?   is this an n24? bit unusual for a 13mts stay to just be lifted... has she not received anything from link/kearns in the last fw weeks like a docs bundle? bit like this thread... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466576-lc-assetlinkkearns-claim-form-2-mbna-cc/?do=findComment&comment=5256397  
    • if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Paul It's early and I'm dense :-( . That letter is saying that you agreed that you would no longer be able to pursue RBS does it not?

My barrister has advised that this aint a problem.

What peed me off (and my MP) is how they went about obtaining the undertaking - I only noticed the N19A and lettering after I'd requested a copy of the signed undertaking from the court.

PW

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go back to Mr Dickensons letters Paul...................The words he used to describe "RouterAccounts" to the Press when asked what they were and why no -one had heard about them was..........."The Router Accounts" are merely an internal accounting system that has no detrimental affect on coustomers accounts and therefore the public have no need to know about them".....NOw as we know they use them to support Court cases.........how does this make his statement seem???? A little contradictory to say the least...........that's how I found out I had a router Account" they presented it their Court Defence bundle......I had never seen it before then...........held it back from my SDAR made 12 months earlier.

sparkie

....."The Router Accounts" are merely an internal accounting system that has no detrimental affect on coustomers accounts and therefore the public have no need to know about them".....

sparkie

No detrimental effect? From what I've read/heard, there's been one helluva lot of interest/charges added that people were unaware of for years... :mad:

Any statement that even hints at "the public have no need to know about them" should be translated into "we don't want the public to know about them"

Below is the "Router Account that RBS presented in Court in their Defence bundle in March 2007....this was with held from my SDAR , this was the first time I knew anything about it.....I know it is only a small account but multiply this by 10's of thousands.

Take special note that the " BOOK DEBT" remains constant as I have said ...the Total debt is increased by adding charges, the next two enlarge on the " ceativeness" of this "ASSETT" and how they do it.

Also note the computer program numbers

compreadout-1.jpg

router4.jpg

Edited by Sparkie1723

This one run by a different computer program show that they have separated the total debt and created another " BOOK DEBT" i.e another "Assett"

This was supplied to me after the RBS had told my M.P. they held no more documents.

Note that the "Book debt" on previous post was £171.57 and the charges amount to a total debt of £645.57, made up of the £474 charges +£171.57 Book Debt

This was only supplied to me after the Court case and I made a Court Application for an order to be made for further disclosure under CPR31.16.

The RBS supplied these 4 days before the hearing and it was ruled that as they had now supplied these records my application was refused and I was ordered to pay the costs of the application....£1100.

Also note there is no date as to when these accounts began or " creation" date

Router2.jpg

Edited by Sparkie1723

Mr Hemsley has stated that the charges above are made up of interest and charges....how can it be that the interest and charges are the same each month on a different monthly balance?????

Also when an account is transferred to Telford the customer never receives any monthly bank statements because the account is "Pulled out of " the normal banking system....the normal banking system cannot manipulate accounts the way the " Router System" can, ....are folks realising now, how the "false secret accounting" is carried out and done?

Therefore it shows that because you never receive a bank statement..... and the Bank say that ..."there is no need for the customer to know about their "Router Account" or the system....what more evidence of secrecy is needed than that???

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

There's a clear reference to it being allocated out to 1st & 2nd collectors and then a 3rd collector (BCW) (Buccanan, Clarke & Wells) :confused: .... post #2378.

If so, it's not interest, it's charges and if interest is being applied.... then it's being applied on those charges.

so the book debt = REAL debt,

total debt is used for the purpose of inflating the value of the company and at the same time used for tax relief.

So 2008 crisis came just in time to clean all the dirties.

You have got it humbleman!!! In a nutshell

HI PriorityOne

You have to remember that Mr Hemsley the CEO of Manufacturing categorically stated and confimed in a letter to my MP that They were charges AND interest NOT just charges....not only manipulating accounts but manipulating words.

sparkie

I am looking at Mr Dickinson's explanation of a Router account and having difficulty accepting it.

I have noticed that Sparkies and Pauls account sheets do differ, so it maybe that there are more

different pages within each Router account. but certainly on Sparkies sheet, there appears to be no facility on it to allow when to chase up or take any further action.[i can see nothing that would indicate there is a monitoring on diary system involved]. Also, as the customers name is on the Router account as well as the account number, it would be hard to justify why this would help in cases where customers with similar names were sent to Telford. These same customers would have had different account numbers at their own branches anyway so it would seem pointless to create a new number when at CMS.account

HI lookinforinfo

THe points you are making are exactly the points Paul & Myself have made previously, you seem to arrive at exactly the same conclusions as us.

BUt until recently no-one has taken what we claim seriously enough but many are beginning to now..............Telford is a massive cover up dept in our honest opinion.........RBS have never supplied any real viable argument to disprove what we claim only misleading contradictory?????? statements both inside court room and out.

sparkie

Paul, Sparkie, et al, in case you wondered where your money's gone:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Plush £300m offices of bailed-out bank

Els

HI Elsinore

NOw that is really showing the treasury what is going on with the tax payers money....and its sickening.

They keep fluffing me off whenever I question my 'router' account, they wont even refer to it but say 'this issue has been dealt with and answered under separate cover' mmmmh sounds odd to me.

But they have never given me a satisfactory answer, just that it was because it went to debt recovery, but it went to telford before I got into that situation!

it turns my stomach.

They keep fluffing me off whenever I question my 'router' account, they wont even refer to it but say 'this issue has been dealt with and answered under separate cover' mmmmh sounds odd to me.

But they have never given me a satisfactory answer, just that it was because it went to debt recovery, but it went to telford before I got into that situation!

it turns my stomach.

Just more evidence of secrecy and concealment in my opinion...... If your account went to Telford ..you have at least one Router Account.

sparkie

Here is a question that I intend posing to the information commissioner's office this week and maybe we can have a consensus of opinion on here.

My question is : Are we entitled to ALL information held even if the company referred to insists that is for internal use only?

If as I suspect the answer is "YES" then I think all of us on here need to apply for router account details stating clearly the ICO's guidance.

If we are "fobbed off" then a formal complaint can be made.

If this can be done on mass with nudges to the mainstream media it may open up yet another gaping wound in the festering corpse that is RBS.

Edited by pebsham
Fat Fingers!

Received a response from the Chairman of the FSA Consumer Panel today.

Waiting for the response from the FSA now....probably a fob off but, good ammo to be included in my forthcoming radio Interview.

Sparkie, D&D and others you may want to email a letter to the panel.

fsa1.jpg

fsa2.jpg

Edited by paulwlton

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

IMO Paul that is a fob off........but as you say more ammo for your interview............telling all the listeners how useless these bodies are and how scared they now all are of the RBS.......who have the upper hand over the politicians now......F**** with us and your money is gone!!!!

sparkie

Here is a question that I intend posing to the information commissioner's office this week and maybe we can have a consensus of opinion on here.

My question is : Are we entitled to ALL information held even if the company referred to insists that is for internal use only?

If as I suspect the answer is "YES" then I think all of us on here need to apply for router account details stating clearly the ICO's guidance.

If we are "fobbed off" then a formal complaint can be made.

If this can be done on mass with nudges to the mainstream media it may open up yet another gaping wound in the festering corpse that is RBS.

This was part of a response from the ICO regarding another co. in relation to a damages claim

'It may be helpful for you to know that Section 13 of the DPA allows an individual the right to take action for compensation if he or she has suffered damage by a contravention of the Act; Section 14 allows the right to take action to “rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data”.'

@Pebsham

Hi, I have no doubt that ALL needs to be divulged. The contrary would be for a Company to start filtering what you can and cannot see which goes against the DPA in it's entirity!

I worked for an international Insurer for 24 years, in later years we had to ensure that anything written or input to computer systems was not only correct and factual, but abbreviations utilised must not be ambigous to the customer. We were always instructed that anything written on systems, you should be able to say to the customer without causing offence or the like.

We had to make decisions based on customer's criminal convictions, past claims, suspicions on information received and the like, yet all had to stand up to possible customer scrutiny. All this decisions were 'For Internal Use only' yet as on relevant filing systems etc., all might have to be revealed!

The only exceptions are, if memory serves me right, are the 'Access to Medical Records Acts'.