Pingu-lingo Vs HSBC - question re: offer

pingu-lingo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have filed a claim against HSBC for £2600 (including interest). The claim was filed last week and HSBC have sent me a standard letter, offering me £35 in full settlement!!

I am sure I have seen other people on the site with the same letter but haven't been able to find the posts.

Any suggestions on whether I even bother replying at all or just ignore the letter - it does say "If we do not receive your signed acceptance within this timescale, we will take it that you have declined our offer"

Thanks!

I wouldn't even bother replying.

The cheeky g###s :-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm at the court stage - filed with county court last week after the pre-lim & LBA letters didn’t elicit any response from HSBC (no surprise there!).

I re-read their letter, which I now notice only quotes one account number, and I am claiming for charges from 3 accounts, so I don't know whether I should be expecting another two letters from the bank for my other accounts – but will not holding my breath for those offers to be any better!

I just wanted to check that there wasn't something I was missing as it seems a waste of postage & trip to the post office to decline such a useless offer.

• 3 weeks later...

It may be useful to know that if Service Quality have told you they have sent you an offer letter but you have not received it yet - you can go into any branch and ask them to print it out for you

I was also told that new offer letters have been sent out to everyone holding offers (because of the OFT Test case) & they were sent out 1st class on 10th August.

I know that there is some debate about signing these new letters etc but it may be quicker to pick up your copy from a nearby branch

erm am I being really thick here but thought no offer letters were being made????

apart from the ones prior to the announcement on the 27th july?

are these new letter only to ppl who were given an offer prior to the 27th?

cos i have received no such letter.........

rockin all over the world

Yup, offers made prior to the 27th July - HSBC are being annoying & wanting people to re-sign a new acceptance form if they have not yet received the money.

I havent collected my letters yet - going to bank later - but presumably HSBC have re-worded their acceptance forms as a result of the OFT case so we can't claim any more money back if they lose the OFT court case.