JD Williams, Simply Be and Ambrose Wilson

Lacey123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

I am trying to reclaim my administration fees off JD WILLIAMS, SIMPLY BE & AMBROSE WILSON.

I have had my data from SIMPLY BE AND AMBROSE WILSON, but its proving harder to get off JD WILLIAMS for some reason. Maybe they know they will owe me more!!!!!

I am at the being told they "wont refund the fees and that I deserve all I get" stage. I am now going to write a letter to them threatening court action if I do not get my fees back.

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to succeed with these catalogue companies at all?

As all 3 catalogues are part of the same company, should I have only paid one S.A.R. fee of £10 to them? I paid one for each company and have since read on this site somewhere that I only needed send them one as they are all the same company? If that is the case, I will be asking for them to return £20 back to me immediately. All 3 cheques were cashed within days of them receiving them, even though I have still not had my data off the one company and their 40 days are well up now too.

Thanks

The time scale given on the letter I wrote is well up now and I have heard no more off them.

In view of the Test Case problems, could anyone give me advice on what I should do now? I am at the stage of now having to start and MCOL or referring the case to the Financial Ombudsman. I am not sure what to do next, please help!!!!!!

As all 3 catalogues are part of the same company, should I have only paid one S.A.R. fee of £10 to them? I paid one for each company and have since read on this site somewhere that I only needed send them one as they are all the same company? If that is the case, I will be asking for them to return £20 back to me immediately. All 3 cheques were cashed within days of them receiving them, even though I have still not had my data off the one company and their 40 days are well up now too.

Thanks

JD Williams includes Simply Be Registration Number: Z6624329

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Register - Entry Details

Ambrose Wilson Registration Number: Z6624255

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Register - Entry Details

All owned by N BROWN GROUP PLC NBrown Corporate website

so I suppose you could have one £10 refunded ,however if you choose to send more than one subject access request they can all be treated as separate requests - you could ask for all personal data excluding transactional data , then when you have received that you could write again asking for only transactional data - that will cost £20

If you had sent one £10 cheque to cover all three catalogues , you may well have received it all for £10

Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head

In view of the Test Case problems, could anyone give me advice on what I should do now? I am at the stage of now having to start and MCOL or referring the case to the Financial Ombudsman. I am not sure what to do next, please help!!!!!!

Regarding your question about referring the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman

Did you incur the fees before the catalogue company joined the Ombudsman scheme ? do you know when the catalogue company joined the Ombudsman scheme ?

This post on MSE states that the Financial Ombubsman will only consider complaints about matters that happened after the catalogue company joined the Ombudsman scheme , although the wording indicates that complaints about matters occuring after it joined the Ombudsman scheme are also excluded if the complainant became a customer before the catalogue became a member of the Ombudsman scheme

The later seems to be outrageous

So can anybody clarify whether the catalogue company is correct ?

post is here ;

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - can i claim the admin fee from catalogues

quote ;

"As your account is in relation to a credit agreement that was sold before 06/04/07 you are unable to refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service as we were not a member of a dispute resolution service until this date. I should advise you that if you do decide to refer to the FOS it is unlikely that they will consider your complaint. This is our final response."

Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head

Is there anyone who is able to advise me? I really need advice on whether to put in a MCOL or go down the financial ombudsman route?

There doesnt seem to be much help on the subject of claiming off the catalogues, someone must know what to do.

• 1 month later...

I am having extreme problems with j D Williams

I am a victim of identity theft as they supplied goods to someone who pretended to be me without proper credit checks at an address different from the elctoral roll and they are now being extremely difficult with correcting inaccurate and slanderous information

The DPA reply I got from them is incomplete and thery aslo demand £10 per account - eg £30 for 3 accounts - despite the fact that two accounts were were the same company

• 3 years later...
Can anyone help?

I am trying to reclaim my administration fees off JD WILLIAMS, SIMPLY BE & AMBROSE WILSON.

I have had my data from SIMPLY BE AND AMBROSE WILSON, but its proving harder to get off JD WILLIAMS for some reason. Maybe they know they will owe me more!!!!!

I am at the being told they "wont refund the fees and that I deserve all I get" stage. I am now going to write a letter to them threatening court action if I do not get my fees back.

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to succeed with these catalogue companies at all?

Thanks

Hi there!

I have had poor service from JD Williams when it comes to the money side of the business.

I found them ignorant and confrontational and closed my account quickly, I would just keep persisting with them by letter, but I would'nt bother with a CCJ. It will cost you £30 for the pleasure and will cost you more money in the long run. Just keep sending letters to all of the companies (even though they are the same!) and try and shame them. I noticed Jacamo.co.uk is one of their companies now too. Good luck and keep sending in complaints or even threaten to shame them in the papers.

What is the problem?

Are you a victim of identity theft?

Is there a problem with your credit records?

I found them very difficult to deal with - assuming I was guilty party - despite all the facts pointing to the reverse

They sent goods to a totally different address from my electoral roll and waived all their other credit checks and then tried to make me responsible for the value of goods delivered.

They put comments on my credit record - which I discovered when I was unable to obtain credit and caused me considerable inconvennience and embarrassment

They demanded a copy of the photo page in my passport, I refused to send this to them.

Eventually after using my MP, writing to the then chairman Lord Alliance at the House of Lords etc and using the credit reference agencies I was able to clear my name and they made a payment to a cancer charity in my name as a gesture of goodwill

They clearly did not think about the victim of their actions in my case -

No, I don't really care about credit scoring etc. I think it's all a big con anyway. I suspect it is a convenient way for lender's to track down people who owe them money and I should imagine that all your information from the credit scorers is available to anyone or agency who wishes to purchase it. I don't have any loans or mortgages so I could'nt care less whether I am threatened with a bad credit rating or not, the whole credit industry lives off bluff and threats and if challenged or ignored they eventually get fed up and go away. Like most people I used to be scared of the banks and credit lender's but I have wised up to their tactics and no longer play into their hands. I am glad you had a successful result though.:roll: