AOL Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I let my friend use my card details to sign up for a free trial of AOL 2 years ago, the three months weren't quite up when there was a pop up screen asking her to update the details as the card was due to expire, she put in her name and bank details when she updated this. I now find that AOL have been charging me for this account and are denying that my friend ever changed the details. How could they continue to charge a card that had expired? Also how would I go about reclaiming the money as I feel that it is unfair that my friend feels that she has to repay me this. I have tried to speak to AOL about this on several occassions but they have just told me to speak to my friend about it, they have closed her account so we can't check any of the details, they have also passed on my friend's details to a credit company to investigate a possible fraudulent use of my card, I have told three people that work for AOL that it was not fraud as the fault lies with them. Can anyone help!

GILL :p

hi,i cant help you but had similar problem with aol, i closed my bank account, which i had paid aol from, i was not a dd but came off my card every month, even thou i had closed my account with the bank aol still took money from it and now the bank have defaulted me,

i was told by some one at the bank that aol have a system that came override payments like if your card expiers that payment should as well, must be a claim for fraud as i never used aol but did try their the free month trail.

HALIFAX - £603.27 *WON*

HALIFAX CC - £245 *WON*

NatWest CC - £400 *won*

BARCLYCARD -£84 REFUND claim #6qz54472

YORKSHIRE 1 BANK £472.56 claim # 6qz53180

YORKSHIRE II £1373.37 moneyclaim

LETTING AGENT £200 REFUNDED

MISSES NATIONWIDE £764 *WON*

MISSES TOP SHOP GE CAPITAL*WON*

rbs £81*won*

total so far £4138.56

Firstly I would write, NOT phone. Their CS centres are RUBBISH. Write to the credit card company disputing the AOL charges... from the point where your friend stopped using AOL, or claims she changed the details. Maybe your friend can do a DPA request on AOL to see if they recorded anything regarding a change of credit card details.

Has your friend been charged for AOL services on her own credit card too? If so, you'll need statements which show this right back to when it started to show that they've double-debited.

My friend hasn't been charged as far as we can see but she was on dial up and thought that she had been charged through her phone bill. I have spoken to the credit card company who seem to think that AOL should not have been taking a payment every month from my card. I will be writing to both the credit card company and AOL.

Thanks for the help I'll let you know how it goes

GILL :p

• 6 months later...

I was talking to tsb about aol and they said they had a lot of problems with people cancelling payments through the bank but aol continued to take payments. Apparently if you make your payment through a debit card aol have a way of continuing to take the money. The bloke at tsb told me they had had a battlle to get a phone number to cancel payments. If anyone wants this number i will have a look for it.