Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if I havent spotted a simliar type Q. but I received a Penalty Charge Notice..basically my Blue badge was displayed incorrectly (expiry date face down)..So am appealing that...I was present when it was issued.Then the attendant went all around my car photographing it and me stood by the door..At no stage did he ask for my consent to do so,and am led to believe under the Data Protection Act this "person" should have got my consent/permission..Any knowledge...????

bartonski;

Highly unlikely. They can only (possibly) take out a CCJ for the original fine, and even then it's no guarantee that it will be paid. If the councils did this with every non payer it would cost them a fortune, and I have yet to hear of anyone receiving a CCJ for an unpaid parking ticket. I'm not even sure they can do, it's not quite the same as a civil debt.

If they start getting letters returned saying that the addressee has gone away it would certainly cost them more than it was wirth to try and trace you.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

ok great. ive managed to talk them into reducing the fine for two tickets to 50 each from 100. that helps alot. the worst one for 150 is a little more difficult as its gone past the charge certificate phase and onto the dept collection agency

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

This is very interesting, but can anyone tell me if this applies to private parking areas ie Vinci have issued me an £80 charge for parking at a hospital! The hospital has sold the rights for parking to vinci, does this mean they can do anything they like? Does the white line thing apply as they are in a terrible condition at this particular car park?

Thanks,

David

For the life of me I do not see how the law can allow a private company to fine you. Decrminalisation is one thing but parking schemes operated by private companies are no more legal in my opinion than it would be for you to charge them £60 for returning the letter to them.

For the life of me I do not see how the law can allow a private company to fine you. Decrminalisation is one thing but parking schemes operated by private companies are no more legal in my opinion than it would be for you to charge them £60 for returning the letter to them.

I agree. There is no legislation in place, the thing they rely on is implied contract, but even this would have to be with the driver and not the registered keeper.

If ever I received a letter from a private company I would simply write a short letter disputing any contract and suggest they contact the driver (This makes for good evidence in court if they did try it on) . You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide them with details of the driver.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

hsbc

full refund .19-08-2006,

capital one .

Probably one of the least useful sites unfortunately and is really just a leader to get you to sign up for ticketbusters (£9.99). All the information you need and more is available here for free - most of it on this thread!

Yeah - I saw that.

I don't suppose someone (with more knowledge than I) want's to draw up a mini parking FAQ for a sticky in this forum do they?

It'd be greatly appreciated ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Excellent, thanks.

If I can do anything to help speed it up, let me know.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

I'll knock up a few points as well Dave, the thing that's going to stall it just now though is that there's a test case going through the high court regarding the wording of the PCN's so we'll get a definitive answer then. One of the councils appealed an NPAs decision.

In regards to the private parking situation, it is a case of an implied contract that has to be adequatly advertisied to you so that your implied acceptance can be assumed.

Another argument to throw into the pot with the puntive penalty they impose is that it also breaches the Human Rights Act 1998 as that Act dictates that a punishment must be proportionate to the offence. An £80 penalty for not buying a £5 parking ticket is not proportionate.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

If my suggestion for parking tickets uk, is one of the "least useful sites" then perhaps someone would like to point me in the direction of the more useful sites.thanks 0h by the way ihave challenged many tickets and won on the basis of the yellow lines not being continuous.or not having a t-bar on them.

hsbc

full refund .19-08-2006,

capital one .

Hey, don't take offence - I'm sure it was just a personal opinion ;-)

Anyway, back to this:

Human Rights Act 1998 as that Act dictates that a punishment must be proportionate to the offence.

Can you point me in that direction please?

I have a thought (not related to parking), regarding the credit reference agency.

If you are defaulted for £10 say, then you have 6 years of not being able to get bank accounts, insurance on 'tick' etc... Is this proportionate to 'offence' - I'm not sure that it is. Do you think this would be covered by the ECHR act?

------------

------------

Hey, don't take offence - I'm sure it was just a personal opinion ;-)

Anyway, back to this:

Can you point me in that direction please?

I have a thought (not related to parking), regarding the credit reference agency.

If you are defaulted for £10 say, then you have 6 years of not being able to get bank accounts, insurance on 'tick' etc... Is this proportionate to 'offence' - I'm not sure that it is. Do you think this would be covered by the ECHR act?

Most certainly & I have raised this here before. I spent 4 years before succeeding in having 2 defaults removed. During my battle I discovered the CRA's do not in any check the info. They take it on face value from their clients. When I complained about this I was told "we don't have the facilities" to which i responded by saying "in that case bearing in mind the affect the information you hold can do to as persons life do you really consider you are fit & proper persons to operate such registers.

Like government they have a duty to ensure that the information they hold is true & accurate & not abused. This applies not only in ECHR but also in common law. They owe us a "duty of care" as does any person or organisation which could cause us harm.

I got the distinct impression when dealing with them that are terrified of being taken to court by a consumer whom they defamed by storing inacurate information. Particularly if the case involved someone who has told them (sometimes repeatedly) that the information is false

Actually, strike that last one. Thinking about it and doing some more reading, I don't think it's going to apply to private contracts. I think it's only going to be effective when dealing with a governmental authority.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/laws/environment/civil-penalty/

See half way down the Human Rights paragraph.

Using DPE as an example:

They've decrimilasied parking to pursue it as a civil matter, this can still be safeguarded under the HRA if for example you overstayed your parking by 10 minutes, is a £60 penalty proportionate to 20p in lost revenue.

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Again, strike the last comment out.

As a private firm has been contracted to enforce the parking at a public authority establishment - the hospital, then this is of interest:

Private companies that are doing

government work, such as organisations that

run private prisons, will also be public authorities

within the Act in respect of that work. If a

public authority of this kind has breached

Convention rights, a claim can be brought

against it.

Again, strike the last comment out.

As a private firm has been contracted to enforce the parking at a public authority establishment - the hospital, then this is of interest:

Yes you would still take action against the public body. After all their contract with whoever is none of your concern as your not a party to it

• 2 weeks later...

really? i received one (see my other post-weird one) and my sister has had 3 of them, she never recieved any tickets at all. how do i act now?

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks