• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fluffykaiser2 v Lloyds

Fluffykaiser2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have just received a standard response to my claim request from Lloyds TSB - it states that the charges are for "extra services" and all charges are made clear to new customers via their "Guide to Charges". The new guidelines laid out by the OFT relate purely to credit card charges not bank charges. And that these charges are default charges where a customer breaks the agreement, and Lloyds are telling me that I have not broken my agreement - all my charges relate to unauthorised borrowing or unpaid d/d's!

They have advised that if I am still not happy they can put me in touch with the Ombudsman.

Could anybody please advise of the next step to take? I would like to avoid Court Action, how often does it go this far?

Any help would be appreciated!!! :-?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi fluffykaiser

If you have sent a prleim and been told to sling your hook, you need to send the LBA. You seem to have the standard fob off letter.

Unfortunately I think, from reading the forums, if you are serious about claiming your charges back from LTSB you will probably have to be prepared to file a claim with the court or MCOL. LTSB seem to like to make it hard for people.

Have a good read round the site especially the FAQs http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html and the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

also have a good read round the LTSB board for other people expiriences with them

Good luck

Brasic

Brasic and Lloyds TSB

Followed the guidance on the site and won :D

Hi Fluffykaiser2

There playing for time nad trying to delay the inevitable, Claim the lot and iif you have charges further back than 6 years claim those too.Read here for more;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• Haha 1

Hi Fluffy, I am also attempting to reclaim charges from LTSB, and I got a response which sounds very similar to yours too. I sent them the next letter from templates section ...again asking for my money back, and threatening court action if I don't get it, I'm just hoping it works :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I started my claim on 25/02/2007 sent off my request for statements received statements exactly 40 days from this date.

Sent off preliminary letter for repayment 12/04/2007

Recieved sod off letter 26/04/2007

Sending letter before action today with schedule of charges and intrest.

LIVE IN HOPE :p

Hi to all,:)

Guess what got the general 2 page 'bull....' letter this morning - trying to blind us with science - not.:mad:

It came from Andover - is that where your letter came from??

So, today the LBA letter is going off to them together with copy of statement of charges.

Does anyone know should it go to London or Andover or Birmingham???

Appreciate any advice,:confused: :confused:

Thanks, & good luck

Jay-Jay:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

My letter was from Debbie Gilbert at Andover and I sent my LBA to her there - I'm assuming she will be the one to respond again.

They've got 3 more days to respond before I file with the Court.

I'll keep you updated.

Good luck

Fluffy

I received a letter from andover this morning offering me £750 in ffs, which i shall accept as part payment. Had an interesting call from recoveries in brighton threatening to send the charge-laden account to a dca! Invited them to try it and see what happens. It's clear that they don't communicate as they did not know about the ffs offer.

Hi Everyone, I am new here and was hoping to find someone with the same letter as I and from Andover...I did think that this was the end but thanks to reading your similar ecxperiences I will plod on..and send my 3rd letter.

I hope to keep up with this thread and any help at all will be appreciated....

Cheers - Linda

Hi Everyone, I am new here and was hoping to find someone with the same letter as I and from Andover...I did think that this was the end but thanks to reading your similar ecxperiences I will plod on..and send my 3rd letter.

I hope to keep up with this thread and any help at all will be appreciated....

Cheers - Linda

Hello and welcome to CAG

;)

Sorry to be a bore, but you must start your own thread and not hyjack someone elses otherwise it can get confusing. When you have your own thread, everyone can see at what stage you are with your claim and offer the appropriate advice.

Have a read here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=33&a=3

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• 1 month later...

I NEED HELP!! I am such an idiot! I filed my claim via MCOL and it was issued on 11th July and accepted by Lloyds - just awaiting their next move. However, I have just realised that I mistyped the amount and on the claim form it is asking for an extra £65 which doesn't match my schedule of charges. I am about to send in my schedule of charges to the court and the bank (again!) but the court will see the amounts don't add up!!!!

Spoke to MCOL and they have said that unless I amend it the court may decide to strike out my case - they have advised that I apply to the district court judge to amend my claim which could take an extra 6-8 weeks! Then i have to re-serve Lloyds.

Is there anyone out there that can advise a quicker easier way as I am reaching previously unknown stress levels now!!!

Thanks to anyone out there who can help!!

Fluffy

:o

Help!

I have filed against Lloyds using MCOL and the claim was issued on 11th July which Lloyds have accepted. I am now awaiting their response.

This afternoon I was going to send off the schedule of charges to Northampton Court and the bank (again) and have realised that on the claim I have a typo and have for some reason added an extra £65 which does not tally with my schedule.

I called MCOL and they suggested I have to seek permission from the district judge to amend this and it could take an additional 6-8 weeks then I have to re-serve Lloyds!!

They said if I don't amend the claim it could be struck out by the court.

Somebody please help, there must be a better way???

Thanks to all,

Fluffy x

Well that's what I thought, but I have to send my schedule of charges to the court and the bank and the helpdesk at MCOL said that if the judge decides the info doesn't add up they could just strike it out.

I don't know whether to risk it and act ignorant or not?

Thanks for your response!

Fluffy

I don't know yet - I only issued the claim this week and they accepted it on the 11th July. I haven't had a response yet - but I have realised that on my claim I have mistyped and claimed £65 over what I should have. Now I want to send the schedule to the court and the bank (again) and the schedule doesn't tally with the claim issued?

I thought they only used one solicitor?

????

Sechiari Clark & Mitchell

P.O. Box 499

Upper Ground Floor

1-5 Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton

East Sussex

BN1 3XJ

That's the main one. Most claims go through that motley crew :p

Foot Anstey have a number of offices in the South West

Best Wishes

McIavelli

PS If you feel I've been helpful in some way, please give me scales a wee click :)

Reading through your last post fluffy, it would seem that you need to amend your claim & this should be done through the court (you're unlikely to get much change out of Lloyds solicitors anyway)

You can ammend a claim (& there are quite a few on here who have made the same error) & I'm sure someone will be able to point you to the right thread. Sorry, but I can't seem to find the relavant link :mad:

• Haha 1