Can anyone join your club? UUN vs Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had the luxury of recieiving Cabot as one of my Dca's Thought it was Xmas!!!

Anyway I'm am new to this site and just getting the hand of it, I have another thread going on about my other debt, bit Curlyben said that I should get involved with this one, as Cabot are in a league of their own, and you guys will be able to help me when needed.

Anyway there's not a great deal to tell yet.

The debt is through Monument and was passed to Cabot, before I can no longer afford the payments required as I have got myself into a tight squeeze with my finances see my other thread.

So on Saturday 7th July I sent them a CCA request, and now I am just waiting for the clock to strike.

So there we are nothing exciting yet, but I thought i would get the introductions over before I start screaming for help. plus I promised curlyben that I would set up my thread.

I am SURE we will be speaking again.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry too much about whether they signed for it or not. It will be deemed to have been delivered 2 days after posting anyhow, since you have proof of posting, if not delivery.

I wonder if they are just refusing to sign for anything now, or if that one just slipped through the net?

thanks seahorse do you think i should, since sending it out to them, I haven't had any letters or anything, now the funny thing is with these, I had not had one phone call at all, just the letters, when I did ring them to explain (before my life with you guys) and explained my situation they said not to worry give us a call in about three weeks, and I thought how nice, I have my own dedicated dca within cabot and he told me he was available most times just at the end of the phone to help out when I was ready. I believed them to be really nice, now I have read all of these threads, I realise it is just them playing a game. Oh well let the gmaes begin

Even their website gives the impression that they are Really Nice People. And I have no doubt most of them are. All they want to do is pay the mortgage, keep the kids clothed and fed, and have a happy, normal life. Some of them may actually even enjoy their job, and consider they are helping folks back on their feet financially.

But it doesn't mean you should feel guilty about telling them to prove you actually OWE them anything, before parting with YOUR hard earned cash. After all, you have a life to live too. And if you don't owe it, why should you pay it?

If it puts your mind at rest, go ahead and send again. But I'd see if your cheque has been cashed first. If it has, then obviously they got the letter.

SEAHORSE I'm a fully bonifide member I have just recieved my membership, one of those letters that are a load of twoddle. Here it is.

Dear UUN

We refer to your recent letter regarding this account.

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, formly Kings Hill (no 1) Ltd, which is part of Cabot Financial group of companies, purchased your account from Monument (formerly Providian) on 16 May 2007 and therefore Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd is the legal owner.

The rights but not the duties were assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd in dealing with your account and therefore we are legally entitled to collect.

We will assist you in providing a copy of the agreement but please note that we are not oblidged to as we are not the creditor. In view of the fact that we are not the creditor we are also returning the fee of £1.00 to you as this is not applicable.

Yours sincerely

Emma Robertson

Customer Relations Department

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

Cabot Financial (euope) Ltd is licensed under the Consumer Credit aCT 1974.

Being new to all this, I put the letter in letter into goggle to see what search it would come up with, and it stated

"What a load of Gonands"

Any advice

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, formly Kings Hill (no 1) Ltd, which is part of Cabot Financial group of companies, purchased your account from Monument (formerly Providian) on 16 May 2007 and therefore Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd is the legal owner.

The rights but not the duties were assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd in dealing with your account and therefore we are legally entitled to collect.

We will assist you in providing a copy of the agreement but please note that we are not oblidged to as we are not the creditor.

Any advice

Hi UNN and welcome -

I should have some very interesting news (re the text in Red) by the end of this week. ;-) Will keep you posted

Just hate every DCA out there

Yes they are the legal owner of the debt, but the legal owner under the Law of Property Act (1925) and not the CCA 1974..Im thinking this could mean they not entitled to do lots of things.

Just hate every DCA out there

SEAHORSE I'm a fully bonifide member I have just recieved my membership, one of those letters that are a load of twoddle. Here it is.

Dear UUN

We refer to your recent letter regarding this account.

We will assist you in providing a copy of the agreement but please note that we are not oblidged to as we are not the creditor. In view of the fact that we are not the creditor we are also returning the fee of £1.00 to you as this is not applicable.

Yours sincerely

Emma Robertson

Customer Relations Department

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

Cabot Financial (euope) Ltd is licensed under the Consumer Credit aCT 1974.

Being new to all this, I put the letter in letter into goggle to see what search it would come up with, and it stated

"What a load of Gonands"

Any advice

Hi UUN

BO subscribing...........

Got same letter

Good luck!

Member of Club too:D !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/95565-me-cabot-financial.html

PS Yippee! - At last I've finally sussed how to post my own thread on the forum LOL - with many thanks (and patience) to Tom Term and Curlyben!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, tis normal. They really do have to rely on the original creditor coming up with the goodies, but that's hardly your concern. I know it would be a logistical nightmare to actually get al the paperwork for every account they buy. But in this day and age, it surely isn't beyond the bounds of feasibility to transfer ALL documentation electronically when the Deeds of Assignment are transferred. Otherwise a proper assignment hasn't taken place, IMVHO.

• 2 weeks later...