Abbey ignoring written correspondence

purejayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I received my statement from Abbey two weeks ago stating that I had gone overdrawn by £5.00 by writing a cheque which had gone through for £11.08. The cheque appeared to me to have cleared remarkably quickly - on the third day?? Anyway this put me overdrawn by £5.00 and Abbey have placed £50.00 charges on my account for this £5.00 which were due to come out on Thursday of this week.

I wrote to the Complaints Department as soon as I received my statement two weeks ago disputing the charges and explaining that I did not want them to take out the £50.00 as this would put me straight overdrawn again as I would not have the funds in. I then received their standard letter stating they needed 4 weeks to investigate blah blah. No mention was made of the £50.00.

Anyway they have taken out the £50.00 despite me asking them not to and I am now overdrawn by £50.00. What do I do now - do I ring them up or do I write to them again? What do I say? What worries me is that the next payment into my account is my tax credits for £63.00 which will be swallowed up with this £50.00. Can anyone help?

Hi, you need to do a site search for "Letter of Appropriation" they are not allowed to take your benefit from you AT ALL, you need to be V strong, go in there with the letter and a friend if needs to be and tell them that you will be requiring the WHOLE amount of your benefits.

Then go through all your statements and tot up how much they have taken from you over the years and start a claim.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks Lula - will do that.

I have now opened a basic bank account with NatWest online. I've had enough of Abbey and intend to have my benefits paid into there for the time being. This will then safeguard them. My child benefit is already being paid into my sisters account because I've had this problem before. They took £80.00 from my benefits in one week for charges and refused to give it back and I'm not having it again.:mad:

Yes I've got them ICY and I'm adding this £50.00 onto the figures. What gives them the right to just ignore correspondence though? For two pins I'd close the account down completely but I have an overdraft facility of £1,400 and can't afford to pay it off at the moment.

They often ignore both letters and emails. Just goes to show how incompetant they really are.

If you have all your statements get started on your spreadsheet (if you havent already) and go get 'em, if you need any advice just yell

:madgrin:

the important thing to remember is Abbey will stall at every opportunity so make sure you keep to you dates and not their's even when you receive the standard fob off letter advising it will take 4 weeks to look into your complaint

Good luck;)

I am intending to set my own timescale - I've really had enough of them now.

When setting your own time scale do remember to make sure it is reasonable. No matter how badly these sh*tes at the bank treat you do everything by the book and you wont go wrong.

The banks try to irritate those who put in claims to put peope off. They have several different techniques they use to try and upset people.

Dont fall victim to the banks foul play - stay calm, focused and be reasonable in the pursuite of your goal. The goal being that they return every penny of what they owe you.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!