Me Vs HSBC

fondmort
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read the FAQ's and some of the cases against HSBC I thought I would add my own. Knowing that HSBC had charged me the earth over the past 3 years (and it seems to be getting more and more all the time) I rand their customer service and asked to be told how much they had charged me in the last 3 years. After holding for a while a nice customer advisor added everything up to a total of £1997.

I printed off the standard letter in the FAQ's and sent it on the 6th of June.

Today I have received a letter saying that HSBC will refund me £1750. Looking at the other threads it seems that this is quite a quick settlement, perhaps they are finally getting the message.

To be fair I will probably accept this as I have always thought that out of all the banks HSBC have the best service. I will also be making a donation to this site so that other users can gain the same excellent help as I have.

Me

Guest Mumofthreeboys
And robbing customers is not what I call good service!

regards

Crusher:grin:

Absolutely right Crusher.

Fondmore - if you saw £250 on the pavement would you leave it there???

I'd say if they caved in that quickly, you may as well go for the lot.

Yes I suppose £250 is a lot to brush off. I think I will go for the full amount by writing my next letter on the 19th. But I must say in response to HSBC Crusher that there are worse banks than HSBC and if you have ever banked at NatWest or RBS (one of the same) you would know what I was talking about.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Yes I suppose £250 is a lot to brush off. I think I will go for the full amount by writing my next letter on the 19th.

Why wait until 19th? Send it today and say you accept their offer, but only as an interim payment..........

19th is 14 days from original letter, I am sticking to what I have said in original letter so that they can follow the original path (wouldn't like them to get confused) the less correspondence the better.

Ferrier I think that it depends on who you talk to. They will not put anything in writing, just say can you calculate all my charges (it means they have to go through each months statement and add them up themselves which is no doubt why some of them can't be bothered) and that you will hold whilst they do it.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
19th is 14 days from original letter, I am sticking to what I have said in original letter so that they can follow the original path (wouldn't like them to get confused) the less correspondence the better.

Up to you obviously and it's only a matter of a couple of days. But they have clearly stated their position.