• Tweets

• I contacted Sanctury housing in August 2023 after informing them my father in law who had Dementia had moved into a Nursing home December 2022. We kept the flat for 8 months until such a time we could accomodate some of his furniture that my wife wanted to keep. I contacted them in August 2023 to let them know the situation by email as I was the named person that could speak on his behalf. I informed them that we had left it to late for POT and were seeing a solicitor for Deputyship of his financies. I asked them what information would they need in order to give notice on the flat and we could provide details of his condition and nursing home. This went ignored I left it a month and then called them October 2023. I was promised a call back from a manager over the next few days. This never happened and it was end of November when I contacted them again and they had no record of me calling them. I explained the email and again I was told the local manager to the area would call me. This never happened and I ended up emailing them in January 2024 with a copy of the email from August. Again this went ignored and I had explained to them that we couldn't just go to the bank and stop the DD as we had tried. This email again went ignored. I then had a letter written to our home address in February asking us to get in contact with them (local manager) as they were concerend nobody was living in the flat. He had an email address so I copied in the last 2 emails to say I had been trying to give notice since August 2023. I also stated that I would like the rent that was paid from August 2023 refunded back to his account as I had officially tried to give notice then and it went ignored. He replied to us about wanting to look at the flat then notice could be given once he had contacted the nursing home to confirm he was actually living there now. Notice was giving for the 22 March 2024 and this would be when rent would stop and no further payment would be taken by this point. The fact I asked to be back dated went ignored. I have since noticed on 2 banks statement for April and May that they are still taking Rent payments of £501 from his bank. Further to this which seems very strange. He was with Eon Next for his utility bill again we were having problems getting this stopped as they needed a named person on his account which there wasn't one despite me managing his online account for him. I didn't check the email address that often that I used to set it up and went to check as noticed the credit he had built up with not living there was all getting refunded in February. The email said £600 would be refunded to his account with a (sorry you are leaving us message) but how can he leave as nobody but himself had access to speak with them. I also noticed the lady in the flat above him had a letter from her bank sent to his address with his address details but his name which was dated 4th March well before we had given notice and it said (thank you for giving us your new address details) we have set all this up for your account.   So Sanctuary housing must have been aware he wasn't living there from the ignored emails for the lady above to start changing address details to move into his flat before the housing manager had even got in contact to ask if anyone was living there. What I basically want to know his do we have any legal standing to claim the rent back from when I first contacted them in August 2023? There is roughly £3000 to come back  
    • lowell letter = we've mugged you once - why are you not paying this other debt....😎
    • i see you are posting this all over the internet too. here you say it was returned by the safety camera dept UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please? WWW.FTLA.UK UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please?  
    • I see what you mean. I will wait till the 8 weeks is up and then take it up with FOS. Before I do will be on with some more details on the SAR. Thank you once again. 
    • Tagging @stu007 who's great with this. You should have at least 2 months notice with a Section 21 notice (Which Form 6A is used) For now, scan, redact and upload anything you think will be useful    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capquest again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read many threads on Capquest and think maybe I have missed something because several months on they are still producing the same old rubbish and refusing to remove a default for a non existent agreement, so called purchased from HFC who have now removed this data but who say contact Capquest, nothing to do with us. I dont get it? It is the same info but being processed by Capquest who are a Data Controller, therefore should respond and are in breach if do not, they kept passing me back to HFC saying that HFC had the agreement, in the end they did not, but I have been going round in circles between them and cant pin them down. I have now sent it all off to ICO and have a case number, assume I have to just wait now?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 3 weeks later...

ok, I have been dealing with this issue on my thread M v HC and defaults removal threads -

Westcot and HFC have now removed the inaccurate data but Capquest continue to send the incorrect info to me as if this substantiates their actions, this matter is with ICO but will reply to them again as they are wrong, wrong, wrong!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 2 weeks later...

Capquest, the umpteenth letter saying they are looking into and, wait for it, they have closed the account, thats good of them since it never existed in the first place and still will not remove default!!

ICO will need updating then.

Hi Maybelline.

I have only just seen your thread.

Please ensure that you check your credit files with all three CRAs to ensure that Capquest have indeed removed all their entries and markers (if applicable) from your files, before you update the ICO. I don't trust Capquest in the least and have been on the receiving end of their dirty tricks. :mad:

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

thanks deedee, I certainly will!:)

• 2 weeks later...

new letter, incorrect data to be removed, at long ****** last! too late for sorting out some other really important stuff but about time, why oh why cant they just accept they are wrong in the first place???? grrrhhhhh.

• 3 weeks later...

not budged yet??! watching them closely.

Hi Maybelline.

I second CurlyBen and yes do watch them closely. They're slippery eels and don't play fair. Do not give them an inch!

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

hello, thanks for your replies, they wrote and said they needed 28 days to remove it??? cant see why, so I have shot off a quick reminder, if nothing happens then I will issue the N1:)

• 4 weeks later...

HOW DARE THEY! CAPQUEST have marked the file as satisfied instead of removing the default!!!!!!

how can it be satisfied, there was never any debt to them, I am so cross, will issue the N1, so angry at them for this, they wrote to me and stated clearly they agreed no agreement existed and no account numher, I just do not have and never have any agreement that they are filing, as if I havent enough real issues to sort out without their incompetence SOOOOO CROSS

Hon I'm so sorry.

Capquest are idiots - we did warn that they'd be devious :mad:

Do not worry. Issue your N1 as previously advised and wait for your court date. If you've read my Capquest thread, you'll see that the judge took a dim view of their not complying with my CCA and SAR requests and set-aside their CCJ against me. Provided you have a judge with sense, the same should apply. They are clearly in the wrong and you have enough evidence to damn them to thy kingdom come. Also raise a dispute with the CRA. They will tell you crap about having to ask Crapquest to remove the entry but you may have to threaten them with Court Action too.

We're all behind you as you know, so keep smiling :D

deedee xx

My threads

thanks, just got home from work to find a fantastic letter from Student Loans, purporting to be a copy ? never received saying I did not defer (so cross with them now) it take so much time and effort sorting out these agencies who get it so badly wrong! a nice cup of tea I think and relax:)

• 3 months later...

CAPQUEST nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so cross, letter from ICO to seem to have encouraged Capquest to think that it is okay to put back and update information that I have just spent 12 months proving to Capquest in wrong?????????????????

its a totally different account number, the figures are wrong the dates are wrong and they have told ICO its because it just took them awhile to start the account blah blah blah, total rubbish and now thanks to ICO they have gone and made a bad situation worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::(

I have read many threads on Capquest and think maybe I have missed something because several months on they are still producing the same old rubbish and refusing to remove a default for a non existent agreement, so called purchased from HFC who have now removed this data but who say contact Capquest, nothing to do with us. I dont get it? It is the same info but being processed by Capquest who are a Data Controller, therefore should respond and are in breach if do not, they kept passing me back to HFC saying that HFC had the agreement, in the end they did not, but I have been going round in circles between them and cant pin them down. I have now sent it all off to Information Commissioners Office and have a case number, assume I have to just wait now?

sorry ICO but you do not understand the Consumer Credit Act 2004 and you are IMO misleading consumers:(:confused:

• 5 months later...

Hi maybelline.

How did you get on with these fools in the end? I'm about to tackle Cr*pquests entry on my Experian, Equifax and Call credit files, having only just got their CCJ entry removed from the Register and ergo my credit file (I'll fill you in later).

Hope all is well in any case? I've been lurking around the forum but not for long or keeping the mad hours that I used to as my health isn't too good at the moment.

Anyway hope you reply soon.

Take care.

deedee :)

My threads

all came off in the end - I cant remember now if I actually issued the N1, I would need to check, IMO they realised they could not go into court with absolutely no information. I did a full SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST and paid my £10 to find out exactly what they did and did not have to support their spurious argument in prep for the court case.

good luck and stick with it.

Edited by maybelline