• Tweets

• whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
    • thanks ftmdave again for the help with letter. thanks lookinforinfo for the info, im glad i found this forum as its a great comfort and relief to know ive dont the right thing as i wasnt too sure at first. and good to know what excel are really like.   thanks guys.
    • Hello!  First timer on here, discovered this amazing site and threads on debt issues only yesterday. After never having a bad debt in my life, almost 2.5 years ago I was scammed by my now-ex partner who calculatingly manipulated me into taking out a bounceback loan, 2 personal loans and a credit card.  He took all the money via ruthless deception, every penny, as well as the car (bought with unsecured personal loan) and all my furniture, personal belongings and even most of my clothes as well.  I'd packed up my life to move to another part of the country with him, only to discover he'd scammed me and been clever about it, so he directed the removal truck to a location unknown to me (never saw my stuff again!), and car is registered into someone else's name.  All this happened abroad.  I have won a criminal case against him abroad and he has been given a custodial sentence (which he is appealing while on bail), but it is difficult to get financial reparation so I am left with over £40k of debt to my name in the UK.    I am in my mid-50s, and have no assets whatsoever, I still live abroad (renting) and cannot afford to return to live in the UK due to the debts and decreasing income. It's been devastating and I've been struggling enormously since it happened (Jan 2022).  I have been suicidal at times. I was making combined loan/cc payments of £1300 monthly for over two years, but I'm self-employed (sole trader) and my UK-based small business has suffered 70% loss of income since Oct 2023 due to changes affecting government funding for the market I provide services to.  My income is commission-based, and has reduced to an average of £1200 per month. As I currently live abroad (outside EEU), I am not resident in the UK for tax purposes and haven't been for more than 3 years (my work is done remotely outside the UK, even though my clients are in the UK and payment is received into my UK bank account).  That means I am not entitled to an IVA or bankruptcy options.  My only option in terms of a debt repayment solution is a DMP. I maintain a UK correspondence address (my mother's home) and use this for my bank account, loans, credit cards etc.  I have only informed HSBC (bank acc) and one loan company that I moved abroad and that the UK address is only a correspondence address (been scared of potential consequences of informing them, even though I don't know what they could be or if there would be any). My worst fear is being taken to court, bankruptcy, etc, and my bank account and income being controlled and all surplus income above basic needs being taken etc, when I literally have almost nothing in life at this stage and desperately want to try to rebuild my life somehow and have some normality again.  Perhaps even move back to the UK if I can afford to. I've contacted all my creditors except cc (it's an HSBC card so am concerned it would affect my bank account with them.  I also bank abroad with HSBC and have global-linked accounts with them).  All interest has been stopped on my loans since April (period of 4 months on two loans, 6 months on bounceback loan with Pay As You Grow option agreed).  Continued so far to pay at least minimum payment on HSBC credit card.  I spoke to PayPlan yesterday and they've worked out a DMP paying £289.50 per month for 11 yrs 7 months, with annual reviews - not signed up to it yet, and concerned about customer reviews I've read about them demanding double payments a year or so down the line and not making payments to the creditors for long periods, etc.  Frightens the life out of me trusting them with the limited money I have - I don't want to go out of the frying pan into the fire in terms of stress that could last years, going by some of the horror story reviews. Considering the DIY DMP option, dealing directly with my creditors myself.  But not even sure going down the DMP route is the best option.  What do I gain from doing that? Sounds like I will still end up with an arrears or even a default record on my credit file even with a DMP, and I will be paying money I really need to help me get my life back on track, especially as I don't even have a full state pension entitlement - would be better used to pay missing years into that, surely, if I do have some surplus?  Either way, with or without a DMP, I won't be able to borrow so how would a bad credit score affect me anyway?  Seems like it could be best to allow them to go to default in the hope that it can all be SB-ed after 6 years. At this early stage, I know I will benefit from advice here about what route to go down and pros & cons/risks etc of: a) DMP with PayPlan b) DIY DMP c) Going down the default route in hope of debts being sold to DCA and not paying anything further with result that it is all SB-ed after 6 years. Struggling to pay off the loans for the next 11 years @ £289.50 seems daunting and such a long time, when I really need every penny to restart my life, regain some dignity, restore my mental health etc... I hope someone here help me make the right decision at this point, before I've committed to anything or have paid lots of money for years with little dent into the loans.... Details : HSBC Bounceback Loan (unsecured):  taken Dec 2021, original amount £9000, 2.5%.  Currently owe £4950.  Monthly payment:  £159.  Not missed any payments, but agreed PAYG option in April - full holiday for 6 mths, restart payments at £73.00 in October, term extended to 2030. TSB personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Aug 2021, original amount £23,000, 9.2%.  Monthly payment £475.  Currently owe £14,550.  Missed 2 payments. Interest stopped since April, no payments offered or made.  Situation to be reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). Sainsburys personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Jan 2022, original amount £25,000, 8.6%.  Monthly payment £514.  Currently owe £14000.  Missed 2 payments.  Interest stopped since April, made 1 payment of £50.00 on 7 May (offered to pay £50/month until situation reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). HSBC credit card APR 18.9% - £6900 currently owing, continuing to pay at least minimum payment (£180/month), not contacted them so far. Applied for Starling bank account, as advised by PayPlan to have a separate a/c from my HSBC one as they would have the right to take money from my account to pay off my HSBC cc debt if I stopped paying that. Sorry this is so long and a big thank you for reading down to the end!  I hope the detail helps with advising me on best course of action and possible/likely consequences.      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA admitted no CCA, so I want to claim interest back.... Need help though!

standingupformyself
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And also........ thanks Josie for the re-tweaking of the letter,

Wednesday, could you hand-deliver it for me please? and have you still got the scarf???

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief! Wednesday directed me over to this thread. Dealin gwith MBNA on behalf of hubby but still waiting for S.A.R and CA.

This thread has thrown up some interesting, but confusing info. How fantastic are people on this site? I'm going to have another caffeine injection and then read it again. Good luck Standing :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Wednesday, could you hand-deliver it for me please? and have you still got the scarf???

Course i can, all with a knowing smile :D

Dnt think ive still got the scarf, but if this stands up, ill be able to buy a new one ;):)

Did ya post it today Standing?

Its surprising our close our totals are, you been using my card? :D

Think ill have to start my own thread, cos im sending my letter today, got to head off to work soon tho :-|

Havent been out yet this morning, hubby has got the car, so will go to the post office after all the housework is done (boring, boring)

Was actually wondering whether to leave the letter just for a day or so, I am waiting for the current statement from MBNA, which are usually dated the 9th of the month, to make sure that they have paid in everything that they said that they would. What do you think? Has yours actually been paid in, do you know?

Have I been using your card? Check your statements! Mine would be the entries for anything but season tickets !!!!

:D

Give me a nudge when you start your new thread, so I can subscribe, meanwhile your a welcome mate on mine!! :D

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Yeah i got my statements and everything has been paid back :)

Anything but season tickets eh, wondered who bought that other thing :eek::D

Nice one what can you do the banks for next.:D :D

dpick:p

Dpick I'm just surprised I can.

Still unsure if I should tho :)

Least it could show MBNA a lesson in how they should look after paperwork better :grin:

Just have a think who have you left that you can have a go at and get cash back and has really P****D you off in the past. Thats your next target, or have you got or had a catalogue account they are notorious for not having customer credit agreements for their accounts.

Like me you will become addicted to getting back at these mongrels.

dpick:oops:

I just wonder what I am going to do with my time, and brain! when this has all finished....... In principal I shall be out of debt for the first time in about 11 years,,,,,,,,,, superb........ but my brain hasn't been this simulated ever !!!

I MEAN STIMULATED!!!! Edit

I just wonder what I am going to do with my time, and brain! when this has all finished....... In principal I shall be out of debt for the first time in about 11 years,,,,,,,,,, superb........ but my brain hasn't been this simulated ever !!!

Hey, but isn't it a job well done - when you finished ??

I am sure it will be so nice to be finished and clear of this stuff.

BUT - How nice to sit back and show others how we did it afterwards - using the hints and experiences we had found?

You are quite right.... as inexperienced as I feel that I am, already I know I have helped a few others along the way.... and will definately continue to do so....

I love it...... and it keeps me out of mischief!!!! and off the remote control, so everyones happy!

"KEEPS YOU OUT OF MISCHIEF" LOL I'll bet these companies would rather you went to watch TV instead of piling papers on their desks? ha ha ha

I do smile cause there are plenty of people who need help etc.. - when I think back to my first post here - and how things changed for me etc.. by sticking around and working on stuff - such a learning curve?

Ive started my own thread as i sent the letter today :)

Threads here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/104386-mbna-no-cca-gimme.html#post991904

Does anyone think doing this will affect my PPI claim, or will it make it stronger?

Standing, as soon as i mentioned i was delivering a letter for you to Chester towers, as soon as i mentioned your name, they battoned down the hatches :D then what looked like white Y fronts on a mop pole was stuck out of a window, at that point i averted my eyes and left :D

My letter is in the post too Wednesday.....

Will subscribe to your thread immediatly.....

I wish I could have seen the Y fronts on the pole! Sounds like my kind of afternoon!!!!

xx

Hiya

Yes, I'm fine thanks,

The letter went off recorded, not sure though what date they received it, havent checked yet and the receipt is in my daughters handbag, (sent her to the post office for me) Is yours received?

Sorry to jump in but a bit concerned. Just got a letter of Intention to Commence Court Proceedings from MBNA despite the fact that they have failed to respond to my CCA request dated 14th May.

Any advice much appreciated: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/98164-ony-mbna-continued.html

THX

• Barclaycard (2 Accounts) CCA sent to both on 20.5.07 (defaulted)
  • MBNA CCA defaulted 14.6.07 (Claim £2600)
  • Capital one: Reject offer LBA 18.6.07
  • HSBC/Metropolitan/DG Solicitors: Credit agreement not found by DG Solicitors. Sent new CCA to Metropolitan 18.6.07 with original timeline 18th May 2007.

There are a few experts lurking in my post! But I am not one of them Ony! I will post a request to the CCA forum and link it to your post, hopefully you should be able to get some good advice shortly. Good luck mate, try not to be too anxious. xx

Thx... much appreciated!

• Barclaycard (2 Accounts) CCA sent to both on 20.5.07 (defaulted)
  • MBNA CCA defaulted 14.6.07 (Claim £2600)
  • Capital one: Reject offer LBA 18.6.07
  • HSBC/Metropolitan/DG Solicitors: Credit agreement not found by DG Solicitors. Sent new CCA to Metropolitan 18.6.07 with original timeline 18th May 2007.