CCJ From No Where

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I reaaly hope someone can help me out with this. I get a copy of my credit file from experian every couple of months just to keep an eye on things etc but last month decided to get a copy from both callcredit and equifax. The callcredit one was fine... no surprises but on my equifax report there is a CCJ I knew nothing about. The court date is for May this year but it is listed under an address I have not lived at for over a year... what should I do? I contacted equifax and they finally wrote back to say I should contact the court for more details which I obviously intend to do. But the judgement was entered on the 17th so I am past the 28 day period to pay it and have it removed and on my credit file my surname on the judgement is spelt incorrectly. No one has ever tried to contact me for any debt as far as I am aware and I have always kept creditors up to date with my address details so whoever this is for mustn't have tried very hard to find me. So what are my options, any ideas?

Thanks. Will do that straight away. Will that remove the judgement?

It should do if you make it quite clear that you are no longer at the address the court has on the claim form. Might be an idea to attach a copy of a utility or council tax bill to prove you were at your current address when the claim was made.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

You will probably have to apply to the court to have it set aside, i'm sure the form referred to will assist. Once you know what the CCJ is for, CCA the creditor if it is relevant and that will give you more time and a possible defence.

Please feel free to click on my scales if I have been of any help.:D