Desperate For Advice PLEASE!

confusedmomma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP! Received a letter from the courts today stating "upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it". " It is ordered that : 1. Directions will be gived in this case by the designatd civil judge blah, blah, blah. 2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing".

There is no mention of the Allocation Questionnaire or the Court Bundle. What I am supposed to do. Is this just a directions hearing! HELP!!:confused:

Any advice will be gratefully received:)

Thanks

Thanks Michael - I've read "Got a court date" so I'm assuming that I don't need the allocation questionnaire and court bundle. From what I can gather I won't need these until the final hearing. I feel so stupid - I keep reading all the jargon but I seem unable to absorb it - I just seem to tie myself up in knots. Thanks for advice though I'll give the court a ring tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Hi confused Momma You are not alone in getting confused by all the jargon, amny of us are, just keep putting your questions in no matter how daft they might sound, if you dont understand they are not daft, I seem to put in a different question on a daily basis.

Thanks mumof4by1996 glad to know there are others in the same situation. Will be glad when this is all over - its too stressful. Sometimes wish that I had'nt started process - but I do want some of the money back that they took from me when I could least afford it!

We are all here to help, it will all be worth it in the end, you will get your money back.

It is a lot to take in initially, but eventually it sinks in. If it gets too complicated just come back and re-read the threads / posts the next day.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

hi yeah me to i aing got a clue wat most this is about it so stressful at times! i did quit the other day but got a kick up the backside stil aint got a clue wat im doin really but im jus gonna get on with it at the end of the day i lose my court fees or i cud end up with a nice bit of money! so im jus gettin on with it lol im jus thick i think lol good luck 2 u!

i do no a lil bit so if u want some kinda ok advice im on ere all the time panicing lol:p

Thanx GuidoT - have been doing a lot of reading this past week. After seeing Martin on GMTV assumed it would be an easy process, but it is not! After reading about the guy that did'nt show up in court and lost the case I just do not want to do the wrong thing and let them win again. So glad that so many people are prepared to give of their time and patience to help us "thickos!".

Hi 24nickp - I was reading your thread earlier - felt so sorry for you especially as you are expecting your first baby. Hope you keep going with your claim and are successful - you could probably do without all the hastle at the moment though. Chin up! We all appear to be in the same boat!

yeah tell me about it! too stressful at the min but im jus gonna do wat i think i gotta do n hope 4 the best!i should b ok im not that thik really jus when im on ere lol il give it my best shot!! cheers n chin up!

ps aint got a clue wat the letter u got is about ! sorry!

Phoned the court today for clarification on type of hearing. They have informed me that it is a FINAL hearing and that all correspondence that will be relied upon will need to be filed 7 days beforehand. They have also informed me that this will be heard as part of another 250 cases on that day. Anyone else in Cardiff on the 14th August??

It looks like [problem] are sending someone along to settle before you go into court:) on the day, if they haven't settled before.

Which shows that we should make sure we attend on the day.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Yes it is common to block list. Only some of the 250 will be Lloyds claims. It is still likely they will settle your claim prior to this date. Sometimes they do send a lawyer on the day to defend any claims, usually those that include contractual interest and or that are poorly prepared.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 month later...

Thanks scoobydoo - dont actually know if I need a court bundle because the hearing is for directions - but will be great to be prepared anyway. Thanks so much for your help. I don't know why but I seem to be running two threads, is there anyone out there that knows how to combine them please!