SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go? ** WON 21st May**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update

I received the order from the court at the end of last week, it said the stay had been lifted and nothing else, so I rang the court, only to find out they had made an erroe again! They said that there shuld have been a hearing date with instructions and they would ammend and send out another notice.

2 mistakes in as many weeks by my local court, anyway I have now received a new order, which reads as follows:

DJ Wildsmith has considered the statements of case and AQ's filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

The hearing of the claim will take place at 1400 on 3 June 2008 at Scarborough County Court and will take no longer than y (that is not a typing error, it actually says y on the order) A hearing fee of £25 is payable by 28 June by the claimant unless you make an application for a fee concession. Failure to pay the fee will result in the hearing being removed from the list.

The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

The hearing fee will be refunded in full if the court receives notice in writing at least 7 days before the hearing date, that the case is settled or discontinued.

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 28 May 2008.

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

Date: 14 May 2008

So finally after all these months a hearing is actually going to happen, will Sky attend? Who knows.

I would be gratefull if anyone has any advice regarding any aspects of this order.

Buzby I want to make sure I get this right, if you can offer any advice it will be greatly appreciated. This might sound a bit daft but I am a bit unsure as to what exactly I need to send to Sky's solicitor and the court, I thought their solicitor would have copies of everything allready, is it just a copy of the letters I sent, or do I need a bundle like for bank charges? I am sure when it comes to it I will be fine but at the moment it all seems a bit worrying!

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In effect you are providing the court (and Sky) with copies of all documents you intend to rely on to prove your case. Send this in good time, with your court fee. Do also remember to keep a tally of these costs as when the case is decided in your favour, you can remind the registrar of them, as there are times they only remember the initial Court fee, not the additional's.

For your 'evidence' bundle - it is usually easier to list them in date order (as the story unfolds, as it were), number or letter each item/letter and for safety, add a contents list describing each piece and its reference number. This is a godsend if you need to jump to find facts out of sequence. You send copies of this list of productions to both the court and Sky's solicitors. Will they turn up? I doubt it, but they'll probably wait until the last day or so.

Thanks very much for that Buzby, as always I appreciate your input.

:DMajor Development - A Victory for the common man!:D

Finally after over a year of arguing my case and sticking to my guns, with a date set at court, finally Sky have settled my claim out of court!

I received a settlement offer today by Special Delivery at 0830 and after some phone calls earlier today, I agreed to accept their offer.

Unfortunately part of the agreement is that I do not disclose the details of the settlement. As I have agreed then obviously I can't put the details on this thread.

All I will say is I achieved all I ever wanted and more on top.

The important thing is, my victory demonstrates that the everyday man in the street can take on the big corporate companies and get a result.

If you have just cause for complaint, do it, thinking about it will not change anything, taking action can.

I would like to thank all those people, who have supported me in this forum and also those who have given me advice and help, particularly Buzby, who has supported and helped me from the beginning, also my double agent who gave me some invaluable information and advice, you know who you are;).

So that is that, just round two with the Abbey to finish, the Tax Credit department to do battle with and a negligence claim against my local hospital and everything in the world will be sorted:D. For now though I will enjoy this one.................at least for a couple of weeks.

Fantastic! Nice to hear it.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

:D Well done Simon.

Really happy for you and no court to see!

No bonus for me next year tho :(

only kidding - glad you hung in there!

:D

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Dave

In answer to your question, I don't really know.

I suppose if theoretically there was a sum of money involved, then until that was paid and cleared, it could be withdrawn, as could any other benefits of a settlement. Other than that, well I don't suppose anything could be done. However there is also the matter that if disclosure of the details is part of the settlement and built into it, then is it not right that it should be honoured?

and where's you thanks to your supporter's????

like Buzby lol

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I sent a pm to Buzby Ida and thanked him in earlier post, I thanked everyone in that post but just in case.

:DA BIG BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED AND SUPPORTED ME DURING THIS FIGHT!:D

Is that ok for you Ida lol:p

Simon:) - (On bended knee with gratitude):rolleyes:

waiting on the invite for free bar :D

Oh go on then:rolleyes:,

send me your address and I'll post a "Free bar" of Cadbury's:D

lol

• 4 weeks later...

A belated well done Simon

glad to see you are still fighting:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE