Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well well well.....i recieve a response back from them, from my first letter!

They put... 'We considered the matter raised,and regret to inform you thye are unable to cancel the enforcement notice...blah, blah, blah!!

They put the car park has expeienced severe problems with un-authorised parking, resulting in vehicles being parked long periods of time and occupying valuable.

I have already drafted my next letter...I know u guys are saying to sit back and ignore it. But someone like me and like yourselfs also i have never been in this sort of 'trouble' before and to just sit on it and do nothing is making me a bit uneasy...

I had to get some point across that...I was out dining with a friend who also drove up to The Hubb, MK and she never got letter/fine from CEL, but i did!

I asked them how did that work?

Gota be seen to be doing something, cos if this goes further, they can see i have been trying to dispute it! (for all its worth)

More money out my pocket(postage 39p) i mean...want to see the answers to my questions and take it from there!

Il update!

If you were mugged in the street - would you write to the mugger asking for your money back.

To carry the analogy further. If a mugger said to you, I am going to mug you and if you think this is unfair, pay the money and then write to me appealing against the mugging and ask for your money back.

Do you think you would ever see your money again. A PPC is like a mugger, so writing ANYTHING to them is pointless.

They put... 'We considered the matter raised,and regret to inform you thye are unable to cancel the enforcement notice...blah, blah, blah!!

They put the car park has expeienced severe problems with un-authorised parking, resulting in vehicles being parked long periods of time and occupying valuable.

I have already drafted my next letter...I know u guys are saying to sit back and ignore it. But someone like me and like yourselfs also i have never been in this sort of 'trouble' before and to just sit on it and do nothing is making me a bit uneasy...

I had to get some point across that...I was out dining with a friend who also drove up to The Hubb, MK and she never got letter/fine from CEL, but i did!

Gota be seen to be doing something, cos if this goes further, they can see i have been trying to dispute it! (for all its worth)

More money out my pocket(postage 39p) i mean...want to see the answers to my questions and take it from there!

Il update!

You obviously haven't read much on here, so in that case, don't bother, just pay it and be done. Wouldn't want to see you in the Old Bailey.

Its ok Conniff, no need to be like that! im not gona pay nothing...just wanna get my point across! and see what happens from there!:D

All im seeing is just ignore, ignore, ignore!!

Anyways il update, Thanks. :confused:

Sorry JR, but all that needs doing is to ignore.

This is a contract and the demand you have is a penalty. They can only claim what they are out of pocket which is nothing, so nothing to pay means nothing to write to them about.

Its ok Conniff, no need to be like that! im not gona pay nothing...just wanna get my point across! and see what happens from there!:D

All im seeing is just ignore, ignore, ignore!!

Anyways il update, Thanks. :confused:

You are being sucked in and falling for the [problem] big time. You are giving these clowns the credibility they crave. All your letters do is provoke them to send you even more threats as they think you are wavering, they certainly will not answer any of your questions, but, as they say it is your time and money you are wasting.

You should just ignore them and give them absolutely nothing to go on.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Ok after being caught at the Hub and my previous posts (alleged offence 15th November) I am now up to I think the 5th letter, and it's from Newlyn demanding £238.23. This also cites Avebury boulevard despite the original 'Parking Charhe Notice' citing Silbury and no mention of mistake.

Will be storing it away and ignoring it.

You know this is a nice money earner for them, tempted to guy buy 4 car park spaces someplace, erect shoddy signs, and watch the £75 'fines' roll in!

Hi, another new user with a recently issued "Parking Contravention Enforcement Notice" (in Godalming, Surrey).

Fined for just 13 minutes over the allowed two hours for a shopping trip that involved two children under five... how frustrating...

Anyway, I've read the helpful advice and suggested approach, and I'm grateful for all the input and comments. I do have one question that I haven't found addressed in the posts before (forgive me if this has been addressed, I haven't been through every one of the 63 pages on this thread...!). It's this, whether failure to pay the Enforcement Notice, or subsequent lack of engagement with debt collection agencies, etc could have an impact on credit rating? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Grateful for thoughts. Keep up the good work...!

Hopeful (of a more sensible world)

The only way your credit rating would be effected is if the case goes to court ( very unlikely) you lose the case (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. So just relax and don't worry.

By the way this is not a "fine", it's an unenforcible invoice, and please do not confuse a debt collector with a bailiff.

It's this, whether failure to pay the Enforcement Notice, or subsequent lack of engagement with debt collection agencies, etc could have an impact on credit rating? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Debt collectors are people with absolutely no powers whatsoever, all they can do is send letters some even in scary red ink.

regards

as LH has already said "they have no powers"

other than to use RED SCAREY INK did that make you jump, of course it didnt so ignore the idiots :D

as for "could have an impact on credit rating?" NO, not unless

1) they take you to court ( dont hold your breath )

2) they actually win ( here lies their problem, they can only sue for actual loss, not the silly amount they take off the top of their head )

3) they are stuck so far on 1 & 2

4) so unless they can overcome 1 & 2 and actually won and you did not settle in 28 days of the court order,

5) but they are still stuck on 1 as in companies like EXCEL who have tried the court route and keep loosing , seach for EXCEL on the forum , great bedtime reading, and further your amusment seach "PERKY" a brainless owner of a PPC well known on the forum

WARNING do not have any drinks in your hand whilst reading any of the searches, its been known for a few keyboards being damaged when doing so :rolleyes:

Edited by kiptower

Anyone else fighting Civil Enforcement and Newlyn from parking in The Hub, MK in that ridiculous space they call a car park?

I have now had 2 letters in 7 days from Newlyn but am ignoring. Has anyone any advances on this?

Iam onto the one "we are disappointed you have not responded...."

Iam onto the one "we are disappointed you have not responded...."

Of course they are disappointed, they had to take some money from the petty cash to pay for the beer on their dinnertime session.

Hi All,

I too have now recieved two letters from civil enforcement ltd.

I parked in the HUB mk at the end of Jan this year.

I did not look out for signs as i beleived i was in council parking bays, free after 6pm.

Everyone one is saying ignore, but i don't want this showing up bad on my credit history!

What should i do?????

Hi All,

I too have now recieved two letters from civil enforcement ltd.

I parked in the HUB mk at the end of Jan this year.

I did not look out for signs as i beleived i was in council parking bays, free after 6pm.

Everyone one is saying ignore, but i don't want this showing up bad on my credit history!

What should i do?????

For your credit history to be effected they would have to take you to court (very unlikely), you lose the case (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. Only then can the parking company apply for a CCJ which would then be flagged up on your credit record. The odds of this happening is the same as you winning the Euro Millions two weeks running.

Just relax and don't worry about these con-artists. It's by frightening people with all this talk of credit history and bailiffs that they manage to pursued people to pay up. It's sort of demanding money with menaces. Don't play their game.

The odds of this happening is the same as you winning the Euro Millions two weeks running..

That makes them very good then, I have won the Euro two weeks running, £6.80 & £7.60:D

regards

Has anyone contact Mk council or citizens advice about this [problem]?

Yes, the first thing I did.

This is the reply I received from Rachel Hawkins, Contract Notice Processor at MK Council.

"Please be advised that we have researched the company Civil Enforcement Ltd and found that they are part of the same company Creative Car parks Limited (www.creativecarpark.co.uk Tel: 0870 9198000). They are contracted by Broadoak Management Limited to enforce at the Ramada Encore Hotel, Milton Keynes.

As this is privately owned land Milton Keynes Council have no jurisdiction over the enforcement of the area, this falls directly with the owners of the land. I can only suggest that you contact Civil Enforcement Ltd under separate cover.

Trading Standards have investigated these companies and there is no indication that they are operating a [problem]. They have also inspected their notices which are clear and visible. The terms and conditions are fair and comply with the relevant UK regulations and they advise any motorist who has breached the restrictions to pay within the 14 days to avoid paying the full amount of £150.00."

She also sent me a piece from Trading Standards re: parking on private land which doesn't say a lot other than how to appeal and to contact your MP if you think it is unfair.

Whether these companies are acting within the law or not, slapping a £150 penalty on to anybody should be universally considered as greedy and extortionate.

I've had 2 letters so far and will continue to ignore them, I'll consider writing to our MP though, as like you found - it's not obvious that it is a private car park, no-one else charges after 6pm and the signs are not clearly visible in all weathers.

moz-screenshot.png

Trading Standards have investigated these companies and there is no indication that they are operating a [problem]. They have also inspected their notices which are clear and visible. The terms and conditions are fair and comply with the relevant UK regulations and they advise any motorist who has breached the restrictions to pay within the 14 days to avoid paying the full amount of £150.00."

Might almost have been written by the ppc [problematic] themselves.

regards

Il update!

Send them a letter saying that if they send any more letters that need replying you will change them £150 per letter, and if they do send them an invoice giving them 21 days to pay. Then do a money claim on line if they don't.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks