Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RE: Enforcement Notice for parking at Homebase/Pets at Home car park, The Wharf, Godalming.

This post is for anyone else who receives an Enforcement Notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd for inadvertently exceeding the free 2 hour limit that has now been applied to this retail car park (for the previously 10 years it had free unlimited parking for customers). I recently received a demand for £150 reduced to £75 if paid within 14 days. But as I did not know that they had changed the parking rules (I had missed all the new signs) and was a genuine customer I strongly objected having to pay such an outrageous ’fine’ and having found the very useful information on this site I decided I would not be paying at any stage. But I thought I would express my dissatisfaction in writing to the Head of Customer Complaints of both Homebase and Pets at Home and ask them to get the fine cancelled before I wrote to the local newspaper explaining ’the facts’. I am pleased to say that Pets at Home have written back apologising for the inconvenience and instructing the Management Agent to cancel the Enforcement Notice. I have now also received a letter from Civil Enforcement Ltd confirming the cancellation. Therefore do first complain to the retailers concerned to give them the chance to get the fine cancelled.

Hi,

i too was caught out there (actually it ws my wife) but i rang up the manager at homebase to complain/tell him how unimpressed i was, but he said it was out of his hands. It was just a simple mistake and the amount they were looking for made me very angry. I was just going to pay the fine when i came across this forum. Thanks mainly to the people here i've had enough willpower to stick at it and not give in.

In fact i didnt get any more letters or anything apart from the first one - which i simply ignored :)

hopefully everyone will do the same.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys

Had a parking fine a few months back for parking in co-op car park in Lancing for over the 2 hours on the signs which I didnt see.

They sent me a letter asking for £45 to be paid within seven days if not done then the payment will go up to £90

Which quite scared me so I asked my friend who works for parking control managment and he said I should not pay it.

So I didnt.

However since I have had another lette for £165.

I ignored it

I got home from work today and have had another one

saying NOTICE OF COURT ACTION total outstanding £165

and its from Newlyn which have been on the past 2 letters only.

Im starting to get very worried now and do not want to go to court and the payment to go considerably up. It says if i do not pay within seven days the fine will be returned to our client for them to process court action.

Helppppppppp :(

What shall i do im seriously just considering paying it when i get payed which is the 28th jan! Just so they will get of my back! ANY ADVICE PLEASEE?

Krystal x

Hi Krystal,

Just ignore them. this is what they want to frighten and wear you down till you give up and pay. Read some of the other posts these, 'Court Action Letter' are just part of the bluff, they have no substance.

If you wish to give your money away surely there is a charity you know more deserving of your money??

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Its not a fine at all. Merely an attempt to claim damages for an alleged breach of contract.

Its little better than a [problem].

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Krystal,

Im in the exact same postion as yourself as I have just recieved a letter stating that I would be taking to court if I dont pay within seven days.I was in an Asda car park in Irvine ,Scotland back in October and I was only over by 20 mins.I have no intention whatsoever to pay them and they can try to take me to court if they want.The only question I have is can you get blacklisted and affect your credit rating???

I didnt like the other comment that the person recieved a phone call from Newlyn as if this happens I will be mad because they have no right calling me at my home to continue there threats.

We just have to stick together against these rogue companies!!

The only question I have is can you get blacklisted and affect your credit rating???

Only if they got a court judgement and you didn't pay.

Without a court judgement, they have no more power than me writing to you out of the blue saying that you owe me £100. Would you pay that?

Without a court judgement, they have no more power than me writing to you out of the blue saying that you owe me £100. Would you pay that?

If you would I have a unenforceable invoice for £500 for you;)

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi,

I have been watching this thread for quite a while after receiving a "parking ticket" from Civil Enforcement. I have sent all the letters back to them as referred to in here. Today I received the following letter from them. What do I now do? Do I reply to this letter or just ignore it? If I reply what do I say?

We are in receipt of your letter. We have considered the matters raised, but regret to advise that we are unable to cancel this Parking Charge Notice. In response to the specific issues raised in your letter we would respond as follows:-

Our clients provide parking facilities for the short-term use of customers. They have experienced severe problems with unauthorised parking in their car park, resulting in vehicles being parked for long periods of time and occupying valuable space. There are many clear and visible signs displayed on the site, advising drivers of the regulations in force.

We have been forwarded your letter addressed to Newlyn.

Please be advised that we are not prepared to enter into any further correspondence on this matter.

You may make payment to us directly as detailed below, or via Newlyn.

The PCN remains valid as the ticket was correctly issued in accordance with the terms and conditions stated. Payment must there be made without delay. However in view of your correspondence, we have extended the time allowance for you to pay at the original reduced charge by a further 7 days, even if you have received a final reminder demanding payment at the higher rate. Please note that to take advantage of this, your payment needs to be sent by cheque or postal order as you will not be able to make the reduced payment by credit or debit card.

In the event that payment is not received, we will have no option but to issue proceedings against you in the County Court, to recover the amounts due to us. We will add our additional costs, interest and fees to the claim.

"we have considered the matters raised" means "we haven't considered the matters raised".

"we will have no option but to issue proceedings against you in the County Court," means (in 100% of free carpark issues I've ever read on forums) "we will have no option but to maybe send you one more letter (or maybe two)- but that's it, honest"

scratching for money. typical of them. How can they issue court papers when they don't know who the driver was ? keep hold of that letter they have said they are going to the DCA stage when the debt is disputed. Wait for a few more letters and then change tack. see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face and FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

just got a call from this company asking when I was going to pay fine and I replied with I wont be and the way your company is operating is illegal and the person did not even argue or back up the company at all which says it all!

just got a call from this company asking when I was going to pay fine and I replied with I wont be and the way your company is operating is illegal and the person did not even argue or back up the company at all which says it all!

I also hope you told the eejit they can't 'fine' anyone cos parking is decriminalized

Hi again guys!

Ive now had two phone calls to my home saying

We are bailiffs from newlyn! They should not ring me and have tried contacting me three times now. I havent been in.

However when they next ring I am going to say I am not paying anything to you see you in court and my solicitor is involved lol !!

My dad had this same problem he got a top solicitor from sussex to write to them they ignored the solicitor sent a few more letters then left him alone!

I had a letter in october saying a country court date will be verified in the next seven days its now january lol..

And they recently said the same again..If they were going to do it then im sure they would have by now. Im starting to feel less worried reading this forum and getting advice from different people. Thanks!

Krystal.

Hi Netmum37,

I received a Parking ticket from Civil Enforcement and too sent the first letter from the templates, my office received a visit from debt collectors, who were asked to politely leave!

After 10 letters from a combination of CE and Newlyn containing various threats of court action, they finally got the hint and stopped sending letters, hang on in there and just file there letters.

Better still, he got a flea in his ear from my secretary who has a very sharp tongue and forthright views on these type of people.

"Only doing my job love", as he scurried away with his tail between his legs.:lol::lol::lol:

Just recieved another letter today stating " NOTICE PRIOR TO COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS"

The letter reads: You have failed to pay the above parking ticket and this may be registered in the county court.

This action will allow Bailiffs to remove household effects and cars from your property and may affect your credit rating.

You have 14 days to pay,from date of this letter.

Also they tried to call but when I answered the phone nobody was there?

Any comments?

Just recieved another letter today stating " NOTICE PRIOR TO COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS"

The letter reads: You have failed to pay the above parking ticket and this may be registered in the county court.

This action will allow Bailiffs to remove household effects and cars from your property and may affect your credit rating.

You have 14 days to pay,from date of this letter.

Also they tried to call but when I answered the phone nobody was there?

Any comments?

Form direct experience of these 'chancers' - I say simply ignore.

Reason:

The letter reads:

" NOTICE PRIOR TO COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS"

So they are just letting you know - nothing more (nice of them - lol)

"You have failed to pay the above parking ticket and this may be registered in the county court." - then again it MAY not - lol

"This action will allow Bailiffs to remove household effects and cars from your property and may affect your credit rating." - false statment here - Taking you to court (you've a better chance of winning the Lotto) will only allow bailiffs to act IF the 'charge' is found against you and you then fail to pay the courts order - ONLY then can bailiffs be employed and ONLY then could your credit rating be affected.

"You have 14 days to pay,from date of this letter." - this is simply a statement, nice of them to inform you (and what will happen after 14 days? - I suspect another letter saying the same thing, nothing more - lol)

Ignore anything from these ppl, eventually they will give up chasing.

It took 6 months for me to see an end to their letters - but nothing now for over 9 months - lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks