urgent help please - overdraft interest

dogtoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE ABOUT INTEREST CHARGES, sorry caps on lol.

i am at this moment filling in my n1 form for post tommorrw and want to get it complete and accurate,

i have just found an amount over the 6 years to total over £224, having been overdrawn most of my life except 2005 when i was flush, i find it difficult to see if they were because of penalty charges pushing me over my aggreed o/d ceiling limit. is there an easy way of doing this or can i just bung them on to my reclaim figure anyway taking the gamble on they will not be challenged?, (claim which is now standing at £3,165 exc int). originaly £2,935.

i thought i was paying o/d protection % to avoid this and account fee's variable in addition, averaging around £18 p.c.m?

thanks,,,,

the advanced spreadsheet works out what proportion of the interest paid was caused by the penalties but you have to know what your o/d was and as ours has been increased at different times i didnt know where to start so havent bothered with that .... we have an amount thats free then if we go into the next bit interest is charged @ x% then once we go over that its charged at a higher rate .... seemed to complicated for me to sit and work out so i have just stuck with the 8%

bump

?????? bump??????

hello saintly 1, i was panicing there that no one was there to reply.

while i have been waiting i have been reading a few threads on the subject and went to vampires chambers on interest......

errr----:-|

i think for £224 i will take those months that have charges associated with interest charged, and let barclays proove in court why and what proportion of that is interest directly proportionate to the bank charge?

what do you think or am i trying to be a mavrick?????.