Please help me i don't know what to do

ginamaunder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a year ago me and my husband got into alot of debt and where struggling to pay the mortgage and bills etc, so i went to the CAB who told me i could claim working tax credits, i have never claimed credits or benefitts of any kind but was told i was entitled to them so i fill out the form and in october i was given £3000 in working tax credits i presumed this was because we had never claimed before and my husband who is self employed had had no work for months ( he tried to sign on for a couple of months to tired us over but was told he was not allowed as he is self employed) before we recived the tax credits we had to sell our house because i was so worried about not being able to pay the mortgage etc, we paid of everyone we owed and then got the tax credits, but then today i recived a letter from the inland revenue asking for £2212 back i am so scared and dont know what to do i feel like we have lost everything we are staying with my mum and dad now and can't afford to move i finally thought things where looking now i have recived this letter and my husband still has very little work, this i am sorry to say is because of the influx of people into the country i dont mean to sound shallow but this is the main reason i sold my house. please help as i can't afford to pay this money back and i am sick and tired of working and giving money away to banks ect when i can't afford to live myself:sad:

Hey ginamaunder, Sorry you've had such bad luck. Why don't you approach CAB again? Lots of people find themselves in this sort of situation - surely if you did have to repay it, they can only make you do it at a sum you can afford, however small. If they can't help you, I'm sure they can point you in the direction of someone who can.

Good luck, Dizzy :) .

CCCS is also another good option (Tel: 0800 138 1111 between 8am & 8pm Monday to Friday). They are a charity who deal with this sort of thing. They are free and have a very good reputation.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.