sean v Barclays

sean28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello every one, Just a quick update on my case:

Barclays had until this Sat to file a defence,which they have just done today. Being transfered to small claims court nearest to myself (Bodmin more than likely).

Got most of my court bundle organised already just in case, so may be back for some more advice.

Sean

Sean28

First thing first.

CONGRATULATIONS TO WELSHMAN, nice early xmas present

Just had my letter from the courts transferring it to the Bodmin county court, and attached the N149 Allocation Questionaire.

Their defence is fairly the same as every one else's I have read like Welshmans etc. I will complete the form in the next day or so, but just a few quick questions.

1. With the section G part I have copied and pasted it from Welshman's thread, can I print this on to the AQ?

2. Have already compiled my bundle and just read some where about the number of pages, mine comes to 86. It only includes the relevant pages from my statements not all pages. Does this seem enough pages for a complete bundle?

3. Do I send my bundle in with my AQ or take it in with me if it gets to court?

Any help gratefully recieved.

Sean28

Sean28

No need to send court bundle yet. This will be requested if you get a court date.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hello everyone, Just got back from handing in my AQ AND AS m4n said I didn't have to pay as my claim was for £1498 + court cost on top, so it was under the £1500 limit.

handed it in two weeks early so hopefully this will speed things up.

I've read a lot of threads over the months where people phone the banks to "talk" about there claim and to see how it is going, in th ehpe of settling early.

Is this awise thing to do and if so, at what stage of the claim should it be done. As of yet i ahven't been given a court date.

Bye for now.

Sean 28

Sean28

Hi Sean.

I've heard contrasting results from people phoning there banks, and I think it depends on how far down the line in your claim you are as to the results. If you phone too earlier in the process, you may come across as being uneasy about the whole process which will give them more incentive to stick with the original offer they made.

I have two claims against Barclays, one at a very late stage and the other at the beginning (or was). They made an offer of 75% (well of the true claim as opposed to the submitted clam), and wouldn't meet me half way between what I wanted and what they were offering, despite them knowing that I had a court date with them! (I settled due to needing the money to pay for Xmas. Missus referred it to the Barclays involuntarily savings scheme.)

As for my original, first case, I'm keeping fingers crossed that they start getting in touch with me over the next four weeks (court date is due on the 23rd January), begging for a settlement figure. Now time to get everything together, including the court bundle just incase they decide to defend.

Anyone fancy a morning out in Northampton (home of MCOL). Refreshments will be provided - lol.

Nearly forgot, as for speeding things up, Barclays have and will drag thier feet as its not in thier interest to rush things. If you take my starting date as the 11 August, you're looking a six months from start to finish.

"The instant you open your mouth to describe a problem you can't fix, the solution you need will occur to you!"

Claim against Barclays 1.

Settled in full - 17th January 2007.

Claim against Barclays 2.

Settled at 75% of offer - cash required for Xmas.

Claim against Smile.

Settled in full, without MCOL involvment.

Claim against MBNA.

S.A.R. - 18th September 2006

Pre Lim - 24th November 2006

Damm, forgotten about this one!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everone. Not been on over the Xmas period as awaiting a court date.

A belated Happy New Year to All.

Just received my court date through the post this morning, and have been given the 1st March. No real problems with that but he notice has a something in it that I've not heard about on other threads and it is in capital letters so it must be important,

It says: PLEASE NOTE: THIS CASE HAS BEEN ALLOCATED A SECOND FIXTURE LISTING. pARTIES SHOULD BE AWARE THAT SHOULD THE FIRST FIXTURE LISTING BE EFFECTIVE, THIS CASE WILL NOT PROCEED ON THE ABOVE DATE.

Q: Is this standard or not and what does it actually mean?

Q: I have my court bundle already but when is the best time to send?

Q: When if at all is the best time to phone the bank to see if they wish to settle?

if somebody could help and answer these I would be very much grateful.

Sean28

Sean28

Hi Sean.

The capital letter part of the court request looks as though the courts are finally waking up to the fact that many of these cases (if not all), never actually make it to court. so they may have double booked the court room in the knowledge that if the first case is settled early, the chances are so will the second. Thus they have cleared two cases in the space of one hearing allocation. Who knows, perhaps someone has been told that they are third in the line for that time slot, and are told that if either of the first two are effective then expect a new date.

You can send the court bundle when they request it, they normally will give you a date by which any documents relating to the case must be submitted. Otherwise the case is thrown out. Better be earlier than pannick like me.

My court date is/was for the 23rd January and I've just received a letter through today, the outcome will be posted on my thread! You could try emailing Ms Connelly (PM me and I'll give you her email address) as a starter. I never got any phone calls....

The end is nigh for your case, and soon you'll be able to put this thread to bed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Haha 1

"The instant you open your mouth to describe a problem you can't fix, the solution you need will occur to you!"

Claim against Smile.

Claim against MBNA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean

Glad to hear that your court bundle is being sent off, both to the bank and court. This is the final hurdle at which people could have tripped up on, for instance, if they failed to submit on time. Barclays will now know that the only thing between them and an appearance in court is time. But they will leave it till the last minute before sending you a letter to say here you go, heres all the money you asked for.

When they do (since it won't be a case of if they do), take your time, make sure the money is in your account before you inform the courts of an agreed settlement. Also cross out any part which mentions about not telling anyone of the details of the settlement. I did and they still paid up, but to be on the safe side, make sure the money is in our account before you mention anything on here.

At this stage it simply becomes a waiting game, but you will in the end, win and that is the main thing.

Regards

Claim against Smile.

Claim against MBNA.

Hi again, thanks for the support, it felt quite good actually posting the bundles off, and knowing this is nearing the final home straight. As you say just a case of waiting for a response.

Court date is booked for 1st March, so I'll give it to mid Feb before I start thinking of contact with them.

Will keep you posted.

Sean28

Sean28

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, every one

Been away from here for a littkle while. My court date is fast approaching on the first of March, at what date should I contact Barclays or should I wait for them to contact myself.

Thanks in advance Sean28

Sean28

Thanks for your opinion, I have since received a call from a charming lady called Mrs Chambers, as my claim was for £1498 + 120 cost, I was offered £1467. She said that there was some discretion within my calculations and the figure was about £157 less than mine.

As I can't be sure of the correct interest levels used I swayed it to thinking of taking the offer. I will be phoning her agian.

Any thoughts please.

Sean28

Sean28