NCO Europe Harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

*moved from another thread*

Hello - I'm new to the forum, found it while looking around for any info re; Nco and their continuous calls... so here I am :p.

I had a debt refered to Nco several years ago now, they set up a minimum payment of £10 pcm as I was on a low income.. this stayed the same to-date. Last yr I was in a position to pay a fair amount off the original debt and attempted to contact them to no avail - 6 months later (after moving house and obviously having to dip into the saved stash) Nco decide it's time to start harassing me. Over a week I probably get approx 10 phone calls to my home number which we duely answer - but no-one is ever on the end of the phone, it's just dead - I get the same amount to my mobile too. I spoke to Nco and asked them to stop calling me and all I got was 'Well it isn't me calling you maam' and the guy hung up on me!

About 2yrs ago I went to CAB about Nco as they took more money from my debit card than they had permission to take - but nco refused to refund it saying they would -use it as a voluntary payment towards my debt-, at that time CAB requested that Nco should only contact me via post and that they should also provide me with monthly or quaterly statements to show how much the debt was decreasing by - I've never had any statements from them at all, so no clue how much I still owe without taking their word for it, frankly I don't trust them one bit! But I do owe the money and can't risk bailiffs knocking on my door.

The latest from Nco is a letter saying they have used their 'Investigators' and found that I'm living at my current address and that the debt is still unpaid and I must pay it in full immediately to avoid their 'field force' coming to collect all outstanding monies? It was me who gave them this address when I moved house, they didn't investigate it at all!! Also I pay them by direct debit every month, so I have no clue why they are even bugging me, it's not like I'm not making an effort, I've paid them religiously!

Presently theyre offering me a 25% reduction of the total debt if I pay in full, I asked them to put that in writing before I pay it... I am awaiting the written confirmation at the moment, but still Nco are pushing me to pay by credit card even though it's my choice to pay by giro slip into a PO or to send a cheque...... I'm concerned that I wont get any proof from them that the debt has been settled, any idea's of how to tackle them? They're boring me stupid!

I like work, it fascinates me - I can sit and look at it for hours.

Do NOT pay by credit card. Once they have the number and security number they may keep on taking. Never set up direct debits either by credit card cos you cannot stop them even when the agreement is at an end.

How long has this debt been outstanding? When did you take the loan out? CCA them.This means asking them for a copy of the Consumer Credit Act agreement. The terms of compliance for the DCA are strict and if they cannit comply the loan may be unenforceable. This means writing a letter (template at N in the templates section).\\Do NOT acknowledge the debt. Then wait the 12+2 days to see if they comply. Also send them the harassement by phone etc letter. I'm still new to all of this but there are others on this site who are fantastic fonts of knowledge who will be able to give you better advice on the precise terms etc. Just Don't Panic!;)

Welcome to the site. Many people are ina similar situation and all offer moral support.:D

Hiya sketch and lemma1968 ,

Welcome both :)

My advice would be to change the payment method immediately to standing order or internet bank payment, as you then control how much you pay and when. Ask the DCA for a standing order mandate, they cannot reasonably refuse to supply this but might take thier time.

Also, as above, CCA them straight away asking for full statements of your account as well. The statements are free, the CCA costs £1 (the best payment method for this is postal order). You must clearly state that the £1 payment is for the admin. fee of the CCA ONLY, not against any alledged outstanding balance.

Include the harassment via telephone letter (don't have the link to hand sorry, but sure someone will post it if you can't find it) and send all this together via special or redorded delivery ASAP.

Good luck and best wishes,

BB

The debt ended up with Nco after I got a ccj on the original debt because I missed a repayment - I set-up repayments to the court and assumed all was ok.. then suddenly I got this letter from Nco saying I owed them the money and not the court - I was suspicious and refused to pay them until I knew who they were.. I contacted the court and they said they had been using my repayments to pay the court fee's and not actually sending it to halifax where the debt originally came from... therefore halifax assumed that I was still not paying the debt and hence sent Nco after me. The court told me to pay Nco and stop paying the court - so that's how it all started. The debt with Nco is about 3yrs old now.. the original debt is much older (I'm older and wiser now and trying to sort my youthful rebellion mess out!) - the only agreement I've ever recieved from nco is one stating the repayment agreement of £10 pcm. I am happy to repay the debt, I want it sorted out, my concerns are that Nco just arn't professional and I'm concerned to give them a large sum of money when they don't act professionally, irrespective of how I ended up with the debt in the first place. They don't have my cc details, just my bank details for the DD... I wondered if I could bypass Nco completely and pay Halifax directly... I don't know much about how all this works...

If NCO bought the debt off Halifax and they cannot come up with the agreement, fantastic you will not have to pay them again unless they can come up with the agreement. If the Halifax own the debt, then NCO will have to ask them for it, this may result in your case being passed back to the Halifax or, again, writing off the debt.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

If NCO bought the debt off Halifax and they cannot come up with the agreement, fantastic you will not have to pay them again unless they can come up with the agreement.

Please note there is a CCJ on this debt.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Exactly Rory - it is a CCJ debt so I deffinately have to repay it - paying it isn't the problem, nco is the problem... I'll write and get that CCA though, I think I'll phone Halifax and see if I can pay them direct aswell.

Thanks for all the info :)

I would advise that you also send a SAR. This will show any charges on the account which you can claim back to reduce the CCJ. Penalty charges from Halifax you can claim back from Halifax, any penalty charges added by NCO you will need to claim back from them.

While the CCJ exists the debt is enforceable even without a copy of the agreement. You need to keep up regular payments on this in line with your ability to pay. If you do this and NCO take you to court to try and get a charging order this will count in your favour.

It is still worth sending the CCA request though as you can use either their lack of one or an unenforceable one to attempt to remove the CCJ.

You must not withhold payment on the CCJ.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Please note there is a CCJ on this debt.

Ahh, sorry about that

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Hi everyone, Just to let you all know, I contacted Halifax directly and asked if I could setle the account with them directly and bypass NCO, they are sending me a settlement letter and as soon as I pay them they will close the account and satisfy my CCJ - it's such a relief to know I no longer have to deal with NCO! In one 10min phone call to Halifax the whole mess was resolved.

Should I still report Nco or just walk away as soon as the debt is settled?

Thanks

I always think it's worth reporting a DCA but sort out your situation with Halifax first.

Hi reading this one with interest!

I am currently waiting for NCO (who are IMO hideous and have had me in tears more than once) to supply me with my CCA for a debt which they have been pursuing and I would say harrassing by telephone.

I too have been paying a low figure each month, and only after I had fought them, they wanted me to remortgage. I am getting so cross just writing about them!

On Friday of this week, their 12 working days (+2) will be up. If I do not hear any thing before then, then I will start counting down my calender month.

I really hope that your situ improves Sketch, and I will carry on reading!

Best of luck RED

OK so I've copied this response from another thread, but it does belong here as well.

Preston + NOT listening/numerous calls = RMA/NCO.

Gee these are nice people to deal with..... NOT.

They completely ignore anything you write to them, repeatedly phone you and harress you.

I was getting upwards of 5 calls a day for 6 weeks until I spoke to BT and they changed my number.

I'm currently working with Trading Standards regarding thier "business" practices.

Whatever you do DON'T call them !!!

You'll get a better response beating your head against a brick wall.

They disregard ALL of the OFT's Guideleines for Debt collection, CCA 74 requests and everything else.

All they want is money and they don't care how they get it either.

I must admit I'm slightly surprised to say I haven't received a letter saying we need your new number, yet.

I suppose they don't have a computer template for that one

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 3 weeks later...

Dragging up these scoundrels again.....they have started to phone me AGAIN, so harrassment letter on the way. I haven't actually spoken to them for around 6 weeks, and I am not going to start now. Final deadline for them committing a criminal offense 15th July....These people make me mad!!

Red

TY Curlyben, will PM you. Why do RMA have to phone and harrass me on a Friday? Is it because they know that TS dont work Saturdays? Aghhh. I guess CB that I should have forwarded RMA, a copy of my letter to their solicitors (thanks to you!!!). Solicitors did not reply, but then was there no post any way this morning with the postal strike?!

Red