• Tweets

• An update! I emailed both Andrzej.Tuleja and James_Goldsmith at Whirlpool dot com. I got a phone call from their executive team a couple of days later, and a replacement part dropped on the mat a week after. She was quite apologetic, however, also reiterated the "90 day warranty" period on customer fitted parts, and did not comment when I mentioned that the CRA also applies as I was a consumer buying from them directly. So I now have a spare door switch if the machine decides to eat another in the future! Cheers all!   Note dx100 that the "Hotpoint CEO" you linked to is not related to the hotpoint appliances, but some kind of marketing app.
    • yep, throw that morality card out the window....9/10 you never owe a DCA ANYTHING!! they are NOT BAILIFFS!!
    • (See the link to DVLA’s INF188/6 document I posted above, page 4 as cited) “I have a new medical condition that I have told the DVLA about on my recent application. Can I drive? As soon as the DVLA receives your correct and complete application for a new licence and as long as you meet all the Section 88 criteria, you may drive. It is important that you are satisfied that the medical condition you have declared on your application does not stop you from driving. If you are unsure, check with your doctor or healthcare professional before you make a decision. You can also look up your condition in the ‘Assessing fitness to drive’ guide, which you can find at www.gov.uk/dvla/fitnesstodrive to see whether you meet the medical standards for driving. As this guide is intended for healthcare professionals, it can be complicated. Your doctor or healthcare professional should be able to help you if necessary." It seems that DVLA think that S.88 does apply for applications disclosing a new medical condition after all. Why might this be so, and what of “qualifying application" and "relevant disability"? S. 92(1) imposes on the driver a requirement to disclose a relevant disability. S.92(3) requires the Secretary of State to refuse such an application disclosing a relevant disability ….. EXCEPT S.92(4) requires the Secretary of State to grant such an application if the relevant disability is “adequately controlled”. Hence my belief S.88 can apply for medical conditions (if the driver meets the medical standard of fitness to drive) as the application remains a qualifying application IF the driver meets the medical standard of fitness to drive, until DVLA (on behalf of the Secretary of State) say it doesn’t, provided the driver believes they meet the (medical) standard. Additionally, at (or before) June 2013 (as noted in my previous post) the medical standard for fitness to drive for conditions involving excessive daytime sleepiness was changed from “completely controlled” to "adequately controlled".  
    • CFO Bill Guan allegedly led a team at the news outlet that was behind a global money laundering scheme.View the full article
    • Anyway, I've asked my Booking.com flat-rent-out-bloke what needs to be done on the Booking.com portal to cancel a reservation. I got a late message "I'll let you know tomorrow".
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Manicblonde V Hsbc

manicblonde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Think it totally depends on what the OFT agree with the banks and how the judiciary will view that in law.

I think the press will start to see this as a big thing now especially the gutter press, nothing they like more than a scandal and if the OFT, the FSA, the FOS and the banks don't get out of bed with each other they will all get tarred with the same brush.

pete

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a reply from the FOS today!!

They have returned my documents again! This following paragraph really peed me off!!

"The FOS cannot consider any further complaints about the bank charge issue. This is Non-negotiable"

Time to try the FSA I think and try and get some clarity there!!:mad:

yu coudl well be right manic, think the fact they have returned everythign to you is an indication that they do not want to deal with it..... it couldeb a good thing as you willnot have been the only one who wrote to them, my view is they have been beseiged by mail and cant cope, and have caved under the pressure, just depends if they will allow the waiver to stand or not at the end of this month...........

in my mind there is no doubt theya re striking a deal as we type................ and oyu vcan bet your bottom dollar it wont be in our favour.............:mad:

rockin all over the world

I've received notification from The courts that my application for a stay has been refused.

Its says that any party ,may apply for the application to be reconsidered at an oral hearing. Any such application shall be on notice and is reserved to HHJ Hickinbottom or DJ Hendicott unless expressly released by either.

When I sent in my application I ticked for an oral hearing anyway! Can somebody tell me how I go about applying for reconsideration?

Manic. Same situation as me. I have contacted Cardiff court who tell me that you just write a letter requesting the application be reconsidered at an oral hearing - no fee charged - and send to the Listings Officer at the court. Seems like time wasting strategy on courts side to me, and no-one can explain why we didn't get an oral hearing originally as requested. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

And its not just HSBC, I think these Judges have shares in Barclays as well to quote the politician in the daily mirror article? this is the biggest bank robbery in this country!! what amazes me is how they are getting away with this I have constantly wanted an answer to the question - 'when did all the banks get together in collusion over the amounts they would charge for these penalties?? because collusion it is and that in itself is illegal !!!

OK, got an update.

Hearing granted for lifting of stay 19/10/07 at 10.30am Cardiff court!:D

Do I need to do a trial bundle for this? Should I send the material I intent to rely on to the Judge before hand for him to read?:confused:

Has anybody else heard anything??:(

Hello All

Can anybody point me to a thread that has all the info on what I need to do or say when attending court and has anyone been successful in getting a stay lifted as yet please?

I am know in Manicpanic mode as you can probably tell!!:o

Hi Mani. What do the directions from the court say exactly?

You should be over prepaired if there is no precise directions as to what the judge requires. You need to take all the arguments you used in your n244 together with any proof of hardship issues that you may have used.

Have a look at the links in my signature.

I would also take with you as much information relating to your claim incase it is asked for. Personally I would take the complete bundle including poc's, statements, schedule of charges etc.

• Haha 1

Thanks FL. So just to be certain, I dont need to send anything to the Courts in advance? Sorry to sound so dim I didn't think I get this hearing (probably a waste of time anyway) but I'm going to have a go! I remember skintcumbrians thread saying something about DG sending a barrister with a skeleton argument. I'm going to try and find that later and prepare just encase they use this again!

I also hear you have not been very well. Hope your feeling better and thanks for replying.

Manic x.

Hi Mani. I am feeling much better now thanks!

As for sending anything in advance, only do so if the judge has asked for it. SC's thread is a good one to read. Lots of detail regarding the hearing process and what to expect.

If you have any problems just shout ans if I can help I will. If I can't I will find someone who can.

Have you had a look at the cardiff directions hearing thread in the barclays forum? I think there are a few on there that have received dates for the hearings.

OK, got an update.

Hearing granted for lifting of stay 19/10/07 at 10.30am Cardiff court!:D

Do I need to do a trial bundle for this? Should I send the material I intent to rely on to the Judge before hand for him to read?:confused:

Has anybody else heard anything??:(

Hello manic Yes I have also been given an oral hearing RE the refusal to remove the stay!! on 19 OCtober 10.30 Cardiff. We will have to get this info sorted. I feel as if I have lost the momentum with all this paperwork! and now it means reading and copying a lot more!! lets keep in touch and anyone else going??

Hello All

Can anybody point me to a thread that has all the info on what I need to do or say when attending court and has anyone been successful in getting a stay lifted as yet please?

I am know in Manicpanic mode as you can probably tell!!:o

Go over to the Cardiff Directions Hearing site and I think I found it there Its a whole long list!!

Thanks FL. So just to be certain, I dont need to send anything to the Courts in advance? Sorry to sound so dim I didn't think I get this hearing (probably a waste of time anyway) but I'm going to have a go! I remember skintcumbrians thread saying something about DG sending a barrister with a skeleton argument. I'm going to try and find that later and prepare just encase they use this again!

I also hear you have not been very well. Hope your feeling better and thanks for replying.

Manic x.

With regard to the bit about your bank sending a barrister, would that only apply IF the bank asked for the staty. In my case and the 600 people on the Cardiff Court 14th August, the Judge decided on a blanket stay, the bank did not have anything to do with it.. So I don't think the bank will be involved? can FL or anyone clarify this??

No need to panic olden, all the help you need is here.............I think you might find a Wig & Gown there thistime, too much at stake.......... what exactly are the directions from the court with regards the hearing?

do you mean the cardfiff hearings thread or is there a site?

OMG, I am really getting in a tiz!! I have printed all the stuff from the Cardiff directions thread so I will have a read tonight and try and make sense. Only one thing that I may need some guidance on is the Hardship issue. Although I am not on benfits apart from Child benefit I am defo having hardship issues through these charges as they keeping applying htem and pushing me over my overdraft limit, and the apply more and more and more...... until I move banks and tell them that when they repay the funds they can clear the overdraft O/S on my account.

I don't know if thats enough to sway the judge. If I take my income and outgoings he will see I am probably spending more that I earn and the banks actions are not helping. If they refund me my unfair bank charges I will at least have enough to clear my OD and a few other debts and get myself back on tracj

OK well I have just located the info listed it was on my site olden v barclays and its slickwilly and saintly1, so sorry about the mix up, but I think all this has made me brain dead, it's just so much, I don't think we will need it all?

I think audrey is right. There is to much at stake for the banks not to send a rep.

I would do the full bundle plus any hardship issues you have.

Manic, the fact that the banks keep pushing you over the limit with charges and then charging you more is a good argument.

Manic if I was in your position my first step would be to write or fax the bank immediately, clearly and concisely stating, if oyu had repaid my bank charges calim the current adn ongoing situation would not be an issue. I am asking that if you would consider suspending all charges for the next 3 months to allow me time to get my account back on track. It is a difficult situation as every time you levy a charge it has a nock on effect adn there are some basic running cost that I must pay, those beign Gas,Electricity,Council tax and water, not with standing food and travel expense to work.

If I do not keep to my side of the offer then you can return to levying charges immediately. ( now i know this seems drastic) but it would also show the judge just how reasonable you have been an dit might jsut swing your hardship claim..........

the letter can be padded out a bit thats just ma first draft off the top of my head, if oyu want me to work on it a little bit but then you are pretty good at this yerself so may well not need the help.............Aud