Easyjet-Child in Great Ormand St.refusing to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the flight left full the refusal to refund amounts to a sum way above their liquidated losses & as such amounts to a penalty which is as we all know is unlawful.

Yeah I also think there are airline employees trolling amongst us.

As they have refused send an LBA giving them another chance to refund whithin 14 days & if they still refuse start a CC claim against them.

Unlike some we'll give you hand.

There just gonna love the publicity

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the flight left full the refusal to refund amounts to a sum way above their liquidated losses & as such amounts to a penalty which is as we all know is unlawful.

How is not travelling a breach of contract?

There is no obligation to refund unless the contract allows for it. In the case of Easyjet they do not issue refunds of the ticket price for passenger cancellations.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

Thats not the point we are talking about goodwill gesture here the poor woman had some terrible news and under the circumstances i would like to think that people could show a little charity and consideration and perhaps god knows even a little COMPASSION, if I was answering the phone I know I would be trying to help as much as I could and no im not just saying that I like to consider myself a decent human being

This particular case wouldn't be covered by any statutory legislation such as the Supply of Goods and Services Act as there has been no breach by the airline, it also wouldn't be an unfair term unless (for example) the terms stated that the airline could cancel without penalty at any time but the consumer couldn't.

However, there is still a contract here between your cousin and the airline, therefore contract law (common law) would apply. As others have said, if the airline managed to resell those seats and the flight left full, then the airline have mitigated their losses and therefore are obligated to refund your cousin any money they have obtained by reselling her seats.

Otherwise, they've sold the seats twice and made extra money at your cousin's expense, and no court in the land would approve of this.

The diffiiculty is proving whether these seats were re-sold, I'm not sure how to go about finding this out.

I hope that all is OK with the little boy.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

This particular case wouldn't be covered by any statutory legislation such as the Supply of Goods and Services Act as there has been no breach by the airline, it also wouldn't be an unfair term unless (for example) the terms stated that the airline could cancel without penalty at any time but the consumer couldn't.

However, there is still a contract here between your cousin and the airline, therefore contract law (common law) would apply. As others have said, if the airline managed to resell those seats and the flight left full, then the airline have mitigated their losses and therefore are obligated to refund your cousin any money they have obtained by reselling her seats.

Otherwise, they've sold the seats twice and made extra money at your cousin's expense, and no court in the land would approve of this.

The diffiiculty is proving whether these seats were re-sold, I'm not sure how to go about finding this out.

I hope that all is OK with the little boy.

The airline has to notify the airport authority how many souls are aboard as each passenger carried attracts an airport handling tax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is anybody aware of any outcome on this unfortunate case?

I found it as i have been reading the ignorant and ill informed NFMac posts. Just trying to work out NFMacs purpose in life at the moment.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.

Believe me, my 'purpose in life' is not limited to contributing to this forum so I'll happilly 'retire'!

Strange, but I feel like Simon Cowell...on that daft X programme he's the one who always gets called cruel yet everyone else is encouraging people to continue with their singing career when they have no chance.

Strange, but I feel like Simon Cowell...on that daft X programme he's the one who always gets called cruel yet everyone else is encouraging people to continue with their singing career when they have no chance.

Nah, he actually knows what he's talking about.

~*~ Please click the scales if you liked my post! ;-) ~*~

Believe me, my 'purpose in life' is not limited to contributing to this forum so I'll happilly 'retire'!

The temptation is to get drawn into some verbal to'ing and fro'ing with you on this one NFMAC, but i would feel ashamed for deviating from the real meaning of this thread, which is without doubt the primary concern here.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.

• 3 weeks later...

It's unlikely that the national media will take an interest in this case; sad though it is for those concerned, similar things happen every day. Similarly, 'Watchdog' doesn't usually become involved in issues until they've had many complaints about the same company or circumstances. Local newspapers may run something, but have proportionately less clout than the nationals.

I think it unlikely that EasyJet will be swayed from the position outlined in their letter. This is nothing new for them. They have lots of experience of dealing with adverse publicity, and have gone from strength to strength despite it; even the regular demonstrations of their customer service being shown on 'Airline' do not seem to have damaged their business. Similarly, Ryanair seems to be growing in spite of not being able to spell Londonderry correctly, their lack of customer service or the appalling O'Leary creature's regular outbursts.

I fear that where EasyJet is concerned it's very much a case of caveat emptor.

Thankfully, four out of five children now recover from leukaemia, so the future isn't as black as it used to be even relatively recently.

There are a number of charities that will assist the families of seriously ill children in cases of genuine financial hardship; GOSH's PALS department will be able to provide advice on this.

My work brings me into contact with serious injury, illness and death regularly. I have to be able to look at cases dispassionately. I have considerable experience of dealing with cases of people taken ill abroad - if anyone thinks that insurance isn't necessary, imagine the costs involved if a child was taken ill overseas.

• 2 years later...

Hi

It is just a suggestion. Actually, I have three suggestions to make;

1. Write to Watchdog, the BBC Consumer programme.
  2. Phone your local Consumer Direct offices. You will find it on the internet or in the yellow pages.
  3. Go to your local Citizens' Advice Bureau.

I am also having trouble obtaining a refund from Easyjet, but I am just at the beginning of the process. These are the following actions that I have taken so far;

1. Sent an email via Easyjet website and received a bog standard reply from Customer Service.
  2. Phoned Easyjet, one of them being the premium telephone number and one time I did get through I spoke to gentleman named, Daniel who then proceeded to give me the usual bog standard response.
  3. Now I have written a letter to Easyjet, which I will send it by recorded delivery early next week. In the letter I have given them 10 days to respond.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. I hope that your dear child is now on the road to recovery. I sincerely hope that you some how do get your money back very soon. Please do not give up just yet!